Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Today, 04:38 PM   #31
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Because not all heroes wear capes

Let's keep going with the overall theme: 4x4s caught out on the beach. Lancelin to Wedge on a public holiday is a complete circus.

I do like to talk shop with fisheries, bro was volunteer with them and aquaculture grad. Not suggesting anything official at all.

One study I read suggested the compaction from driving on the beach tends to reduce the pippies and overall life underneath. My own view is that many places (like south coast WA) with very low human population density, you really do need 4x4 to get to fishing spots etc
Old Today, 06:27 PM   #32
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Well Sprintey I’ll tell you re pippies being we’re euro background.
Stockton to 1mile beach probably one of the most used in the country has countless pippies every single time we frequent.
My wife and kids luv standing at the shoreline as their feet sink deeper whilst the water rush’s back out and pippies pop up everywhere - you’re not meant to take them but hand up guilty now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Today, 06:50 PM   #33
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries, it sounds like a gem of a beach. Most recently we were up at the ones around Port Mac to South West Rocks. I could get into all the dune geography and shifting sand banks stuff but perhaps a bit beyond the scope of the thread...

Now my young fella has showed me a horrendous 4x4 vid this arvo, I'll see if I can translate it from tiktok into text forums in a little while.
Old Today, 07:23 PM   #34
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think this is it - don't have account so login for 18+ is not available to me, can see on young one's phone. Those of you with insta accounts and >18 can see it

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAVetbvKk_3/

It's not a beach, but yeah very heavy and how did he manage to end up going where he went?!