Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
eXi7w0unD

Default body kit instalation

hey i just bought a ts50 body kit from awc.

just wondering how easy or hard it is to take off the front and back bumbers and the sides?

i reakon i could do it but the lights on the spoiler and the front bumber is a different story.

i read though the xr50 front bumber and light tutorial from awc but i need more info lol

any one done it before that can help me?
its to fit onto a series 1 au. not an xr model. dont know how different they are.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Dont know too much about the rear bumpers on sedans, but as far as the front goes;
1. remove scrivets holding wheel liner to front bumper, pull the wheel liner out from under the lip on the gaurd, so that you can get your arm up inside the gaurd towards the top trailing edge of the bumper to remove the 14mm (from memory) nut holding the bumper on.
2. remove all the screws/scrivets holding the radiator splash stray to the bumper.
3. remove the grille, first the 4 scrivets across the top of the radiator brace frame followed by reaching down behind the grille to both bottom corners where there is a spring clip that retains the grille. Press the tabs down where the grille slots into and it will pull out.
4. another person will make this alot easier for you to remove the bar without scratching the guards and avoid unnecessary hassles.

Someone else might like to add anything that I have missed here regarding the front bumper. Just for an example it took me two hours to remove the standard front bar on my ute and refit with a fibreglass bar.

Goodluck and look forward to seeing some pictures when its finished.

Regards

Tim
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
eXi7w0unD

what about the side skirts that shouldnt be as hard right?

im getting an exhaust on tuesdy from dynosteve, just wondering if my body kit will fit. do i need to move the exhaust tip to make it fit or should it just fit? and the tips whats a good tip to get?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

once you get the kit mate and all painted i can give you a run through on the install of all of the parts, will make it just a matter of following the instructions.

I would hold off on doing the tips until the bar is on, that way you can position it perfect. Do the exhaust but just wait on the bar to do the tips

Adam
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
eXi7w0unD

thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

To take the back off, there is two pop rivert under the spare wheel you need to drill out, then there is just 4 nuts, 2 on each side, just behind each rear wheel. The bolts are built into the rear bar. So just drill out the rivets first, then undo the nuts, give a pull on each side of the rear bar to get the bolts out of the cassis holes... and thats it - EASY - same process for removing the bar to install a towbar!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #7
eXi7w0unD

but once i drill the rivits out, when reinstallign the new kit do i need to but virits back in?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

yeah, or just self tapping screws... all this does is stop the botom of the rear bar flapping around.

Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 11-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #9
eXi7w0unD

this will prolly be a big favor but u reckon u could take photos of the skews and the rivits? if you dont want to thats fine, im gonna cheak it out tomorrow

oh and just another thing, is it legal to drive a car without the bumbers. ill still have the numberplates hanging but just no bumbers. can it be done?

i was just searching th au site and came across this turorial with pics

http://www.aufalcon.com.au/Tech/techbumper.htm

man this is gonna be easyer now.

Last edited by eXi7w0unD; 12-05-2006 at 12:05 AM.
eXi7w0unD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 02:49 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

I hope you have a series 2 bonnet, or at least a series one fairmont, otherwise the TS50 front bar will not fit your car. Or more importantly, once you fit the front bumper, your bonnet won't fit.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 03:00 AM   #11
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

I believe it is legal to drive around with no rear bumper... thats in the ACT anyway... front would be a big no no because you could cut up a pedestrain when you hit then (dumb, i know, but thats our government)

pop rivets for the rear are just under the spare wheel - obviously you gotta open the boot to drill them out...

Old 12-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
eXi7w0unD

adam from awc is giving me a ts50 bodykit thats fits onto a serieis 1 au fairmont ghia. he said they wont fit the forte or fairlain models or sumthign like that.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #13
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

its a standard TS50 kit

fits your car

as i said, once you get the parts i can give a details run down on every part - pulling off and re installing
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post