Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Default extractors?

Hey everyone im gunna get some extractors for a au xr6 vct and wondering on what ones everyone suggest and should i get a hiflow cat while im there, i already have a cat back 2 1/2 sports exhaust, and also what kind of prices are resonalble

2002auxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Have a good shop around and listen to the advice from people on here with VCT's ( such as Casper .. etc etc ), from reading past threads alot of these guys mentioned the problems of getting a set of extractors to suit that actually give you performance, apparentlly the vct is very picky to its performance with extractors , only a few that will do anything apparentlly , I have a VCT and am still reading and checking others results before i rush in ,gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Have a good shop around and listen to the advice from people on here with VCT's ( such as Casper .. etc etc ), from reading past threads alot of these guys mentioned the problems of getting a set of extractors to suit that actually give you performance, apparentlly the vct is very picky to its performance with extractors , only a few that will do anything apparentlly , I have a VCT and am still reading and checking others results before i rush in ,gl
i love the look of ur driving lights, how long did it take to fit and was it a pain in the
2002auxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002auxr6
i love the look of ur driving lights, how long did it take to fit and was it a pain in the
Thanks mate , i got them for $20 from k-mart ( usually about $49 ) because the box was a bit damaged , eveything was all there and fine though , They are Monza small oval shape driving lights. It took about 5 minutes to mount each bracket/light in the pods and about 30mins to wire them up ... so about 40 to 45 mins all up ...allthough i fitted them the 1 day , and wired them the next day ..lol ..I wired them up to my parkers & headlight switch and added another switch hidden in the fuse compartment in the cabin, incase if i have to turn them off for some reason while my parkers or headlighs are on.
Oh , was pretty easy to wire up ;) , hardest part was just trying to get my arm down between the grill and the radiator so i could run the wires where i wanted them and cable tie them in position .

Oh also , although the extra switch to turn them off permanentlly isnt really required , i put it in anyway just incase... being an Auto i have no clutch cable , so i just ran the extras wires for my extra switch through the hole in the firewall where the clutch cable usually goes though ... If you had a manual and wanted to add an extra switch , then its got me buggered where you would get through the firewall , because the only way i could find through it was through the empty clutch cable hole ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
eXi7w0unD

pacemaker 4480's work nice with vct.
Old 17-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

*beats Casper*

Ring G&D performance. they'll hook you up.