Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Thanks FTG Auto Salvage.

Just like to give the guys there a big thumbs up for their help yesterday.
A few weeks ago i bought an actuator for the XR, they did'nt have an AU one,
so they gave me one from a BA. After removing the old one and fitting the replacement, everything worked fine except it would not open from inside, so after removing and refitting it a few times i gave up, could not work out why.
After sending a P.M they said to bring it in and they would swap it over.
I was over that way yesterday with the car and called in, Michael who works there offered to take it off and find out why. After around 1/2 of comparing others that did the same thing, he went and got a release cable from an AU, tried that and it finally worked. What the problem was, the BA release cable is approx 2mm longer than the AU cable, something that was not easily noticeable, so in turn not allowing the door catch to fully release.
So a big thank-you to Michael for patiently trying and finally nutting out the problem.

Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
NZ
~~~

I also have a thankyou to give them.

I have been trying to get a couple of AU IRS rear mounts - these have to be cut out of a car and its not an easy task. FTG offered to get these out of a car for me. I called them up the day before I was heading down there and I was told that it wouldnt be ready. It wasn't going to be a big prob but i had already organised time off. The response was 'Oh well we'll get someone on it now and they'll be ready tommorrow. come down in the afternoon some time'

Service or what?! Cheers to darren and the crew

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I purchased a te50 interior for them and can say the same they where very good. I wish the wrecking yards up here where as helpful most them just grunt noise when you ask for a part.