Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

Default painting parts

hey everyone, i thought i might post a few photos of the parts i'm painting if anyone has had the idea of painting these parts, then i recomend it, they look really nice, i used the colour Metallic Cian with plastic primer on the plastic

96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Best ET 14.654 @ 88.270Mph at Benaraby Raceway, Gladstone Queensland
slickef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
Jet-Star

Looks nice, how long till we set the finished product fitted?
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

hopefully this weekend for the snorkel and power steering cover, and i will have the dash done sometime next week, ill post a few pics when they go in
96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Old 17-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
Jet-Star

Awsome can't wait ;)... I need to get off my butt and do something like this with mine....Just a matter of picking a colour for me now, you've giving me the inspiration
Old 17-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

if you want good paint, go to autobarn and get the PowerPlus Touch Up Paint, there is the Paint Primer and the colour is Cyan Metallica

Old 17-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
Jet-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickef
if you want good paint, go to autobarn and get the PowerPlus Touch Up Paint, there is the Paint Primer and the colour is Cyan Metallica
I work at autobarn : I was thinking of going through our colour charts then just putting the colour of choice into a 300g pressure pack... That Cyan Metallica does look nice but I might mix one up a little lighter with some corser aluminium flake for a heavier sparkle.
Old 18-05-2006, 08:17 AM   #7
EABoost
Starter Motor

Nice work slickef luv to see the bay when ur finished
Old 18-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Is that just a can or is it made up for a spray gun?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

how'd you get it to dry smooth and shiny like that is that just the metallic paint
Old 18-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

its just a $15 can or spray paint from autobarn, put a few coats on, then put a few coats of clear over it and give it a polish

Old 18-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #11
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

what clear coat did u use over the top?

and how would u polish it up?

looks awesome btw
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #12
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

just a clear coat of the same brand, and use some polish that you would use on a normal car

Old 18-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #13
LukeyBAXR6
BA XR6

That looks very nice mate.

All up on pricing.. for spray paint and the essentials, what do you reckon it costs?
Old 20-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #14
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

all cans are $15, i used 2 blue, half an under coat and 2 clear cans so all up $75 but i painted my full dash surround, and some engine parts

Old 20-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

here is an update on the painting, got all the dash finished, still got the snorkel, power steering cover, air box cover, power window switch panel, door handels, rear air vents and getting the centre console compartment cover re done in blue fabric

Old 20-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #16
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Are you going to paint the heater controls or just leave them grey? Looks sweet though, might inspire me to finally do something.
Old 20-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #17
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

just leavin them grey, to much hassle tryin to figure out which setting to put it on

Old 20-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
just leavin them grey, to much hassle tryin to figure out which setting to put it on
Unless you are really handy with a scalpel and some masking tape. It would be a hell of a fiddly job but I reckon you could cover what you don't want painted with tape cut to fit and then get the rest in the same colour.
Old 20-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #19
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

ha ha how bout i send it to ya and ya can give it a try, lol cause im sure as hell not gonna spend so much time doing it

Old 20-05-2006, 07:01 PM   #20
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eldest has done something similar to the EB wagon ...... although where you have done the majority he has done all the fiddly bits ...............

The EA is getting the same treatment since the dash is out ....... buttttt as its Mummys car the bits will be pink :P

Hehehehehehehhehehehe
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 06:17 AM   #21
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
ha ha how bout i send it to ya and ya can give it a try, lol cause im sure as hell not gonna spend so much time doing it
I don't even think I could be bothered doing that to mine let alone yours. You could always take the easy option and fit climate control, easy to paint that.
Old 21-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #22
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Your looks good in the blue

Yep i painted mine about 2 years ago
I keept it yellow as i did not want another colour Blended into the car.

and since then i have painted the rest of it
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #23
Jet-Star

trick_xd was that EL an ex-taxi or did you just have the whole car painted that colour?
Old 23-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #24
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

I painted it all.. 4 coats of Rapid yellow and 2 of Devils Yellow and 4 of clear
Yes the shell was a taxi It had done 13,600km in the 10 mths it was made. It was smashed in the front and then all the parts was stolen of it . I bought the car for $100 and $73 for towing. The rest i built and got cheap from the wreckers .
You put my car next to a Taxi and you would have to be stevie wonder to think they where the same.
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post