Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2006, 08:43 AM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default No lights! Report 'em?

Over the last month or so (since it's been dark around 6:30am when I drive to work), I've continually come across a small Jap truck with no tail-lights, apparently no stoplights and no rear number plate (or number plate light). Usually I catch up to him in 100km/h zone on a country road .. and usually I only see him once I get close and his headlights illuminate the trees infront. I turn off this road before we come to a stop anywhere so I haven't had a chance to "indicate" to him he doesn't have any tail-lights ..

If it was just tail-lights I could forgive .. but no number plate or light?? Somethings weird? Maybe it doesn't have a front plate either?

Anyway, should I bother to try and get his plate number and report him? Personally I'm not too fussed, but if someone ran up the back of him 'cos he has no lights I'd be pretty distressed.

OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I'd try to report him if I were you. What happens if you ever come across him on a foggy morning?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
I'd try to report him if I were you. What happens if you ever come across him on a foggy morning?
Ekk! Didn't think of that .. and it WAS foggy this morning right up to about 3km from where I caught him today!!
Old 25-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

That could be real nasty. If you are catching him in about the same place and at the same time try the local Police. They might have some luck.
Old 25-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Come up behind him when you catch him next and high beam his ***. If there is no plate call the cops about it and fill em in.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

report him.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #7
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR&
Come up behind him when you catch him next and high beam his ***.
Yes, that clearly says "Pardon me sir, your rearward facing lamps appear to not be functioning"

Report him, it is a safety concern. He's probably blown his parker fuse, so wouldn't have any dash lighting.
Old 25-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

The question is......

How do you report him without a Number Plate for identification?

You'll have to overtake him to see if he has a front plate and that could be dangerous on a small country road.

Go easy.

Cheers,
Old 25-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDriver
The question is......

How do you report him without a Number Plate for identification?

You'll have to overtake him to see if he has a front plate and that could be dangerous on a small country road.

Go easy.

Cheers,
Or as I said as you know the times that this person goes through the area every day the Police should go there at that time if they really have any genuine concern for road safety.
Old 25-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #10
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

* Flash him to pull over - ?
* CB radio - ?

Rem about the rear lights - your standard taillights are utterly hopless in heavy fog, and that's a bankable fact. That does not change his negligence.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL

I nearly slammed into the back of the truck the other morning in thick fog ... no lights on the back at all ... must have had a wiring issues or blown fuses ... or all globes blown due to a wiring issue.

very dangerous .... if you can get his numberplate ... report it to the cops and say you were nearly in an accident due to not seing this vehicle in the dark.

They can go out and check the vehicle out .... and give said defect notice and make the guy fix them.

It's dangerous enough in traffic when the acr in front on the freeway in bumper-to-bumper traffic has no brake lights at all ... that's just as dangerous or even more so.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #12
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flash him next time you catch up and politely tell him. If he's a jerk about it report him...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #13
red_hotxr6
Banned

Guys how about we try the femine touch.You seem to know where roughfly he is at a given time, how about doing something nice and flag him down and point it out to him. For all we know, he isnt aware of it, give him a chance to rectify it. If in a week he hasnt done it then, all bets off. _2:
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #14
351ciofgrunt
Go Hard or Go Home

and nobody likes a nark...
351ciofgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #15
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Guys how about we try the femine touch.You seem to know where roughfly he is at a given time, how about doing something nice and flag him down and point it out to him. For all we know, he isnt aware of it, give him a chance to rectify it. If in a week he hasnt done it then, all bets off. _2:
Exactly .. he mightn't know his lights aren't working.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #16
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The thing is though .... you should check your lights every time you get into your car.
Not that anyone does though ... but if you leave for work that time of morning ... surely it wouldn't take much to check them ... especially if you have to reverse out of a dark driveway and notice that nothing is lit up behind you.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #17
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
Exactly .. he mightn't know his lights aren't working.
This truck hasn't had any tail-lights for at least a month ... the driver appears VERY ignorant. Maybe one of the Double-Bs that run along the same route will "notify" him?
Anyway if I see him next week I'll try and pull him over and tell him
Rod.
Old 26-05-2006, 09:38 AM   #18
XRchic
Hello

Do something, because its dangerous. My partner went up the backside of a ute recentl in his XR8, on a dark, windy road, because he had no brake lights. The tray of the ute took out the bonnet and front bar, which is not cheap on an AU XR. The bloke in the ute took off and that was that. Insurance excess is a pain in the butt as well!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post