Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
SLY*302

Default gear selector lever

hi, today i broke the small chrome button on my gear selector lever, just wondering if it is possible to buy a new one or whether i need to buy the whole gear lever assembly. if anyone has an idea on price that would also be very helpful

cheers

SLY*302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

you need to buy the whole thing, if you can get it from ford its like 500 or something stupid.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
Sweet_EL_

i was quoted $180 for the hole thing from ford... So I'm still picking the stupid little button off the floor when I hit a bump in the road.

Dose any1 know if u can get an after market selector??
Sweet_EL_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
SLY*302

yeh i rang ford today and they want $337 for it what a rip off. i have wedged a piece of paper between the button to hold it in. ill have to look for a second hand one. if anyone comes across one let me know. it needs to be cappachino.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

perhaps you could pickup a handle from the wreckers and have the button chromed? i havent done the math personally but maybe check it out and see what figures you get
Old 01-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
SLY*302

i have rang a few wreckers and they only have gray ones and are not leather. its hard to find one in cappachino leather.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #7
John_LS1

if you PM arm 79 he may have one in cappa...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a cuppa one with a chrome button for sale.

It was repaired with a new chrome button, so has a slit on the back to necessitate the repair.

$130 inc postage anywhere in OZ.

First in wins.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post