Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #31
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Should Carr have overlooked Siiic Willie or taken opportune action? OR should Carr have instead parked safely? put on WORKCOVER required vest and immediately attended to traffic duty?
Book him, Danno.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #32
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Okay, so lights are down, why should cops be 'automatically expected' to then do traffic light duty? I suspect workcover issue plays here.

Would it not be better or safer for them to target IDIOTS going too fast OR not giving way, or both, for those drivers taking advantage of the situation at point of operation??

Just a thought.

Typically when lights fail they are to flash amber.
Prevention is better then the cure I say!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #33
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Still think FF needs a section where all the whinging threads about coppers can be put.........
Call it the donut shop lol.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #34
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
common people, keep the hostility down
was waiting for that to happen.

its simple really

cop sits 50m away making revenue whilst a set of lights are down and thats a safety issue,cop keeps at it with disregard for safety of others making them revenue raisers,yeah some flame the cops but unless your willing to post a good story about them the balance will never be met,and all you'll hear is negatives,they live with it so maybe ya'll should too.

thats life! (flame suit on then off again)
py:
Old 08-06-2006, 03:08 AM   #35
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Pity it ain't true.......
I figured it wasnt true. But its a laugh anyway.

Obviously the cops do a fantastic job. But there are cases where an eyebrow is raised. Thus there will always be negative posts about them.

You just dont see many positive threads about em because when they get it right they are taken for granted I guess. Plus, this is a motoring enthusiasts forum, the majority of our dealings with the police would be from a negative viewpoint.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #36
LTDHO
The one and only

The police are money makers for the government, they are servents of the law. Which law they happen to police is questionalbe.

REDRUM - this is not a hate police thread (as far as I can see) Just a disapointment in the law enforcers.

More accidents occure at 'uncontroled intersections' than speeding!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 08-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #37
VSSII

I stopped visiting a few GM related forums because the cop bashing (whingeing) was getting out of control. Mainly from pre pubescent teens on their P's. It's just too easy, especially behind an anonymous name. There are fools and tools in every job and there's always gonna be people who don't like being told what to do (Big brother etc etc.) Give 'em their own post and let 'em run riot. Anyone who's travelled a bit through Europe (U.K, FRA, DE) will know the cops there have considerably more respect than here. In saying that I mean they are simply left alone to do their job. And they're no different.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #38
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzButcher
I couldnt believe this!

I was driving along Albany Hwy approaching Nicholson traffic lights (quite a busy Road... 3 lanes either side) and noticed the traffic lights were down.

Anyway... we all did our thing, letting some people through and pushing our own way... Just as I got through the lights I saw some cops parked 50 meters ahead of me with a handheld trying to catch people coming the other way for speeding!?

Now shouldn't they be parked in the middle of the traffic lights directing people instead of trying to catch someone out?
Its time's like these that you want a bloody BIG bull bar on the front to wipe the smiles of faces
Old 08-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #39
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Quote:
True, in a sense, but people are whinging about the wrong people. Police just enfore the law, tis the politicians that make it. If police stuff up, they usually get sacked etc. What happens to politicians????????
They get promoted to Ministers and get more money and more people under them to take the blame.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #40
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzButcher
Such a shame I didnt have my camcorder with me! It would have made a great little clip!
Knowing the COPs and the bunch of Revenue Raising Pigs that some of them can be they would have probably got you for breach of privacy in this situation if you started camcording.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
Old 08-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #41
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_efxr
Knowing the COPs and the bunch of Revenue Raising Pigs that some of them can be they would have probably got you for breach of privacy in this situation if you started camcording.
I bet you are one that makes many voluntary donations to the state coffers............
Old 08-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #42
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Thanks Mr EFXR

Thread closed, and rest assured, this is the last time we allow rampant meaningless cop bashing threads/post to continue.
Closed Thread