Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #1
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Xenon headlights

A friend recently bought a pair of low beam xenons from here:-

http://tinyurl.com/hb2r8

for under $250 AUD.

According to him the low beams light up like like xmas and high beam xenons are not necessary (he has a holiday house in Kempsey and drives up from Sydney quite regularly).

I would have thought that high beams would be the way to go....??

Anyone with xenons care to set me straight?

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Xenons are quite bright, however, high beams will spread bright light higher and wider, which helps see animals on the side of the road and see farther down the road....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

ok they are HID"S...not xenon.
For starters it's illegal to fit them to a non ADR approved HID reflector or projector.

Other then that it's a good deal. mechan1k use to have them drop him a PM and ask him.
the low beam xenons will be fantastic as will the high beams, more natural colour of light.
if your not worried about the legality or your reflector life go for it but please only get the high beams as the AU reflector is not designed for the output of HID and will cause a hideous amount of glare to oncoming traffic....and if you pass me i will know and i will flash you :

The first step would be to make sure your lights are adujusted and invest in some QI xenon filled bulbs from philips or narva. then if you still aren't satisfied go the high beam kit.

There is also to know about HID and if your intrested drop me a PM.
otherwise general Q's i'll answer on here.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Put some new phillips globes in my au lane the other week ( had crappy white blue el cheapo's) and wow what a difference a high quality globe makes. Also found out that both my low and high beam globes are h7 and not h4 like std au's.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post