Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #31
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
Pontiacs
dont have any branding of cars.. guess I'm a losser.. then again, did have a hsv ute t-shirt, never wore it (christmas gift)... Allthough I have huge Tshirt collection.. not sure why did not bother with car stuff..

hats, well I prefer beenies! ;)

although do have some f1 stuff, large becks banner with the australian driver it fills the shed, not that I follow f1, becks f1 jacket etc etc

Which model Pontiac, sold my 1960 a while back... almost bought the 60 coupe @ shannons few years back.... missed out on a 1966gto (unrestored for $1500) years ago too... spewing
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #32
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Recently walked into "The Lions Den" a HSV goodies store in High Point, Maribyrnong, wearing my FPV gear. Picked out the jumper and T shirt my partner was after, and payed for them. Needless to say the sales assistant looked at me with some curiosity. I remarked that my partner and I needed to argue about something....
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #33
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I get around in my Fiesta wearing my Fiat garage shirt. I just have to make sure I don't wear my Ford cap at the same time :P
Old 16-06-2006, 02:22 AM   #34
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

I don't mind any type of car , Ford , GM , Chrysler etc. As long as it's got "some character" about it.

This is how I turned up at a "Holden Club" meeting a few years ago ( It was suggested by one person I shouldn't belong to a Holden Club because I wasn't A Dedicated Holden Enthusiest

Just wondering ? Does anybody know of another 1970's FE/FC Holden "Sports Sedan" I've seen a couple of recent rebuilds (Apendix J ) , but in 4 yrs never been able to find another original 70's car like mine ? ? ?

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #35
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
It's like wearing a metallica shirt and listening to the beatles.
no not at all. 'Tallica are one of my all time favourite bands. but i listen to the beatles as well. yeah im a metalhead, but you gotta appreciate where it came from :

here's a better analogy. its like wearing a slayer shirt and listening to 50 cent or Eminem.
Old 16-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #36
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa
this whole thing really gets me fired up......i dont see whats funny about it......myself and many people i know dont get it.......u have loyalty to one thing but u drive another as far as im concerned u have no loyalty at all.......
Jeez mate, they're cars FFS, tin cans with wheels. Loyalty schmoyalty.
I just bought a 95 SSS Nissan Bluebird and have no regrets, doesn't mean I don't like Fords anymore. In the end you gotta be loyal to yourself and buy what best suits you regardless of the brandname it carries. :
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #37
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
no not at all. 'Tallica are one of my all time favourite bands. but i listen to the beatles as well. yeah im a metalhead, but you gotta appreciate where it came from :

here's a better analogy. its like wearing a slayer shirt and listening to 50 cent or Eminem.
True, I have a slayer shirt also, and listen to both mentioned "[c]rap" artists hahaha
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #38
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfin
Recently walked into "The Lions Den" a HSV goodies store in High Point, Maribyrnong, wearing my FPV gear. Picked out the jumper and T shirt my partner was after, and payed for them. Needless to say the sales assistant looked at me with some curiosity. I remarked that my partner and I needed to argue about something....
lol

I've wlked into a newsagents, wearing my HSV shirt and bought a copy of Street Fords and Street Commdores.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #39
EL_futuraistic

I think everyone is a car enthuisiast. I love fords, But have have been driving a Nissan and now a Opel (holden) Astra. I purchased it over a BA because it has better resale, uses less fuel and suited my needs for Daily commuting. I still proudly wear my Ford t-shirts while driving it. I also slow to admire all types of unique vehicles because I just love cars.

The fact im on a Ford Fourm is because im a ford fan, however circumstances have me driving a different make of vehicle I dont think makes me any less a Ford Fan because come race day i will be behind the blue oval 100%.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #40
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC

I have to do that. Love my Metallica but the people at work love the Beatles.. So 8 hours a day Ilisten to the Beatles. We even now have posters of the Beatles up at our workplace. They have heard of Metallica and thats were there knowledge stops. Got a surprise when I bought on Ride the Lightning followed by Black. That shut them up for a while.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

A mate bought me a HRT T shirt for my 21st as a joke. I used it for a rag. out:
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #42
Aztek
Service Advisor

I got stopped by the cops a few years back. I 'd just left work, so I had a Toyota shirt on. I was driving my old NA Fairlane, and I had a HRT bakpack on the passenger seat.

The cop gave me the strangest look.
Aztek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #43
triple8nitro
Alternator

I saw a guy driving a ba xr6 with a hrt flag hangin outta the passenger window at bathurst 05 .