Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-07-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Thumbs up Very Impressed :D !

Not a question here, but just to say how impressed i am with the towing capability of the AUII XR6 VCT .

I have been moving stuff all day ( moving house ), had the trailer chockers loaded . I swear i almost forgot i had it on there at some stages , ride was so smooth , engine didn't struggle at all , ran very cool , and i didnt use anymore fuel than what i usually would in the amount of k's i done today .

Very impressed .. cheers.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Fords are always good at towing. Good old I6's.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #3
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you moved closer to G&D?
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
Have you moved closer to G&D?
Bwaahahahah.. can you hear that "ghosts that tempt" from your bedroom now?

Anyhow, the Falcon I6 is a "classic tower". Its ideal for it.. and the VCT was the ultimate setup for it with low rev power changing to high rev power until the barra I6 setup (even better but at a mega $ cost)

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Second last thing I towed with my AU one-tonne ute was my '70 Plymouth Fury convertible .. minus the engine. Towed it for and hour no problems. Last thing was my '74 Javelin (complete runner) .. again, no problems. Oh .. it's a V8!

Try that with the Commodore ute I was thinking of buying originally; until I bawked at it's 1600kg towing capacity???!!!

Rod.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

The vct is quite empressive towing as is the au's irs. Almost weekly i'll travel 700-1000 klms in a day towing tandem for work and she never misses a beat, gets hot or lacks torque on the hills . Since it's been on gas it's exactly the same as on petrol. Definatly the ultimate towing combination.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
buickman
buickman

['70 Plymouth Fury convertible .. minus the engine. Towed it for andQUOTE=OzJavelin]Second last thing I towed with my AU one-tonne ute was my hour no problems. Last thing was my '74 Javelin (complete runner) .. again, no problems. Oh .. it's a V8! [/QUOTE]

I found a car trailer & Cortina V8 with a lowered IRS dropped to low for safe towing.

A plymouth convertible & a 74 Jav were the 74's assemabled in Australia? Its a wonder you never purchased the unique to Australia AMX 2 seater 1 of 24 that was sale last year in unique cars.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #8
fmc351
let it burn

Ford has been good for towing since forever.

Old farmer dude up here used to cart 4 cows in an old dual axle steel trailer behind his 4.1 XC wagon, up and down hills between Kenilworth, Connondale and Maleny. 42 kids in the back, 7 chickens (OK he probably only had 4 kids). The ar5e of this thing used to just about drag on the ground, but pulled like a tractor. Thing would just about climb a tree in second gear.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #9
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

My old XR6 use to tow everything everywhere with no troubles. This has always been a strong point with the Falcons
Old 17-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #10
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I've moved to North Dandenong / for now / until the new place is ready / a tadd closer to G&D than what i was before living in Noble Park ..lol

I gotta go through all this again in about a week , then time to settle and start looking into some serious mods .

Awesome cars , best 'factory specs' ford i have ever bought so far i think.

cheers.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post