Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
carratt
I Love My T3

Default problem with doorlocks

Hi fellas
I've just noticed a prob with my doorlocks. When I lock the doors by remote they all lock except for the rear driverside door. By opening this door it then unlocks the remaining doors meaning that I can't really lock my car.
Anyone have any solutions?
carratt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hey carrat!
I am still trying to nut out my problem with my locks..
if you find out whats going on drop us a PM..

(i havent driven my car in more than a week!!! ahhhhhh)
cheers mate!
rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Carratt, temporary fix would be to put the kidlocks on, this will stop the rear doors activating the unlock mechanism.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
OldManGhia

I had a problem with the driverside doorlock and the mechanism had to be replaced. According to the auto electrician it is a common problem with that door lock. You will need to replace the mechanism in that door for a permanent fix. I've heard that this can happen when the door is slammed.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Hey carratt,

Had the same thing happen twice to the EL. It was the actuator (spelling?) in the doors. Ford said the whole thing needed replacing. Auto elec said it could be fixed, and fixed it. (not sure of price, covered under warranty).
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #6
MrAUII

well i had my fron passenger door fixed by ford exact same thing they charged me $200, pricks. Two days later the rear passenger one goes.
MrAUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:00 AM   #7
TRBOETR
Huge Fatty

DONT LET FORD REPAIR YOUR DOOR LOCKS!!! I did mine last weekend, took half hour at most (in the rain), cost me $115 for drivers side and cost dad $40 for passenger. Its easy as to install, you'll be kickin yourself when you find out how easy!!!
TRBOETR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #8
TRBOETR
Huge Fatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carratt
Hi fellas
I've just noticed a prob with my doorlocks. When I lock the doors by remote they all lock except for the rear driverside door. By opening this door it then unlocks the remaining doors meaning that I can't really lock my car.
But yeah its the mechanism. easy as to replace and I've now had 2 go on my AU...
Old 19-05-2005, 09:22 AM   #9
carratt
I Love My T3

Quote:
But yeah its the mechanism. easy as to replace and I've now had 2 go on my AU...
thanks heaps for that. I might give it a go for myself and see how it turns out.
Where abouts did you pick up the machansims?
thanks
Old 19-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #10
OldManGhia

My auto electrician may have got at me. He reckons the part from Ford was $150 and he charged me $175. I was there when he did it and he had problems with the rod that connects to the door button. Couldn't line it up. Apparently there was a change to the original mechanism which required a replacement rod. My AU was built Feb 00 so I am not sure if this applies to earlier AUs or maybe just the drivers door.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #11
TRBOETR
Huge Fatty

Quote:
thanks heaps for that. I might give it a go for myself and see how it turns out.
Where abouts did you pick up the machansims?
thanks
It has to be from ford as it is a genuine part. It is easy as, dont even stress about it. All you need is 2 screwdrivers, 1 small (window winder and door skin) and 1 large (mechanism itself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU98C-Wagon
My auto electrician may have got at me. He reckons the part from Ford was $150 and he charged me $175. I was there when he did it and he had problems with the rod that connects to the door button. Couldn't line it up. Apparently there was a change to the original mechanism which required a replacement rod. My AU was built Feb 00 so I am not sure if this applies to earlier AUs or maybe just the drivers door.
Thats the other problem. They no longer make the mechanism's for AU1, so you need to get the rod from the mechnism to the door handle, ford will know what it is, just tell them its an AU1 and the mechnism has changed after AU1. The rod is pretty much the same, except the bend is opposite where it joins into the mechanism.
Old 19-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #12
carratt
I Love My T3

thanks again.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:23 AM   #13
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

Quote:
Hi fellas
I'm getting the exact same problem with my 03 BA wagon, is it a common thing with all fords?
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #14
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Carratt - just had the same thing happen to mine. Quick fix is NOT to enable the childlock, as this only stops the door being opened from inside. The quick fix is to remove the rod from the doorhandle, which makes the outside handle inoperative. If you also happen to have the child lock on, you will never open that door again.

I pulled my actuator apart - there is a cog inside it driven by a motor. The cog also has a shaft attached to it with a worm drive - it's this shaft that breaks which causes the door to not lock.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #15
AU3XR

It's really easy, Carratt. If you are really unsure, drop me a line & we can tee it up. Ford has had ongoing probs with doorlocks since the EF, made good changes on AU actuators but they still shag-out. Happens to all cars as power door lock motors do cop a hiding from door slamming.... That's why you abuse the missus if she slams the door.....Like the guys said, only takes 1 hour to do & you are gone...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #16
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

same thing happened to my AU, was fixed under warranty when new though.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
redhotxr6
Starter Motor

can anyone help in the procedure of replacing r/h/f key barrel after some ***** forces it open and what about getting it all reprogramed ??????any advise greatly appriciated .sorry forgot to mention its a series 1 ba xr6 cheers GREG
redhotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #18
smally289
growing up is optional

Have fun if you have an AU1 and have to fit a new actuator / mechanism assembly to the LHF door. The new ones (upgraded AUII and III) are a 'slave' not a 'master' as the original ones were. The locks will do crazy **** unless you do a small wiring rework at the BEM. If anyone needs the info I will see if i can dig it up.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post