Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #31
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
What's that sleek looking thing on the left...hehe.
haha 1994 technology at it's finest, that's what it is ;p
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #32
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I haven't seen a VE, in the flesh yet, but going by a pic I saw of one, at someone's workplace, at SC.com, they need some serious lowering.
Thats what I think!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #33
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think we should all just buy Fords. No bull-poopie attached to them.

New looks are just a gimmick. It'll die.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #34
max
LWBforME

Came up behind one heading into Adelaide aiirport yesterday afternoon, actually I thought it was a Mitsi 380 till I took a second look. From side & back its a different story. Nice. It was black. I like!
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #35
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

For those that are interested in some reading material, Holden do have the VE Commodore PDF on their website which has all the specs, etc... (http://www.holden.com.au/images/sc18.../Commodore.pdf)

BTW, looks like Holden now have a 175Kw LPG engine to go with the lineup...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #36
Franky
Bring back the Phase

What is the figures for the current BF XR8 and Typhoon if anyone knows?
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #37
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I dont know...I got my hands on a new ss commodore today...its gonna be an acquired taste...what an ugly ugly car...and the amount of recycled plastic in the trim is a disgrace!!!What were they thinking?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #38
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

It looks almost Skyline-ish from the front.

I really like it, and I love the flared guards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (32.7 KB, 88 views)
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #39
EFFalcon
Last warning

the SS looks tough as, very very nice.
the non sports models look pretty average.

saying that, the SS makes the BF II look very dated.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #40
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
It looks almost Skyline-ish from the front.

I really like it, and I love the flared guards.
I am the opposite. For the life of me I can't understand why the front is so out of proportion with the rear. Normally the biggest guard is over the driven wheels to create the sensation of power. It’s the opposite with VE. I guess I was unfortunate enough to sight a pale blue Omega as the first "in the flesh" encounter. Not only are the flares over sized they appear to fall over or off the car at the top because the door line is so far inside that of the guard.

To me it really looks like they stuffed up the front track and had to retrofit and fix. It’s not as cohesive as the last generation for my money but I must say the VY to VZ is my favourite. More edge and more aggression over the VT that worked with the front guard that was in essence already pumped.

A white SV6 it looked better but not great. Today I got to see darker cars and they looked much better but the interior quality isn't what I was hoping for. If the plastic quality is set up on our cars then I am surprised. The door trims felt hard as did the dash. I know where the weight in VE didn't go. The doors were as light as ever. Shut nicely. The hand brake every one is talking about, well I like the design in principal but it is flimsy and the first one I sampled was really loose in the handle. For the life of me I do not understand why dealership present cars like this. The lever was applied so someone would have known it was like that.

The Berlina had chrome lip matching issues, where the edges didn't match up. One was bad enough to have cut you if you were to run your hand over the roof. Switch gear definitely better then VZ and before but I wouldn't have thought massively in front of our cars. The steering wheel switches seemed to be the stand out. The seats in the SV6 instantly felt great and I liked the way things fell to hand.

Generally it was a reminder not to buy the first off the production line. There was some body damage that had been missed and some plastic caught in shut lines around the doors.

I felt more comfortable with the darker colours but there are some questions about that interior or at least on the base models anyway.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

Last edited by HSE2; 12-08-2006 at 06:42 PM.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #41
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

I think it will grow on me, however it looks like most of the parts came from recycling yeard....

Appears they were going for a retro look, but didn't really know how to finish it???

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #42
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw an SS today, it really does look awkward, flares look like an after thought to compensate for an over wide track, and the roof line and bonnet look overly flat..