Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #61
DTFRMONT

From having a look at the guy's website, it looks like there are few other FPV cars over there - he even offers used FPV's on his site......

http://www.fordperformancevehicles.co.uk/

The original link linked up to the UK holden club - even though it's the dark side, there were a few interesting cars in their for sale section - The VP at 1500 pounds would be handy for a long-term europe tour......

http://www.holdenuk.co.uk/page4.html

Last edited by DTFRMONT; 22-08-2006 at 11:03 PM.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #62
Teggy
Starter Motor

love the letter mate! letus know how it goes. Myabe also mention the turbo terri :p
Teggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #63
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphido
Steffo, when did you drive a E55?
Over a year ago now... a guy I went to school with had it (well, his father did, along with an ML55 AMG and an Audi RS4).
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #64
ef_classic
Banned

I emailed BBC and actualy got a non automatic feedback.

Thank you for your e-mail.

It was great to read of your further interest in 'Top Gear'. I understand you would like a range of Ford performance cars form Australia to be reviewed on the programme.

We are always delighted to receive feedback, both positive and negative, from our viewers. Your continued comments will be carefully registered on a daily log, which is made available to our programme makers and senior management. Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comment will play a part in this process.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #65
8pAc
RDP #181

Still sounds automated, but at least it is a different response which means someone is reading the darn things.
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #66
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just keep emailing them.....
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #67
Boss 290

what happens if top gear does come down and they pin us up against the new e series hsv's?
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #68
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
what happens if top gear does come down and they pin us up against the new e series hsv's?
We watch and learn.
Old 25-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #69
Disco1986

Well the HSV's are the newest and best at the moment so what can u do?
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #70
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Nice letter...such a great car show that it would be great to see more than the one Aussie car on show.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #71
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
And it won't be far behind, if behind at all, in the handling department. I've driven an E55 and a BF F6 auto... I'd definitley have them compete.

I had the pleasure of an E55s company a couple years ago as well. It’s a mad mad engine with brakes to match but that's about it. Suffers typical E Class steering issues that really let it down. Actually it’s hard to explain by how much but then again the only response required is mostly opposite lock. Airmatic suspension is better then the Typhoon but generally I would agree the F6 is the sharper tool. Although the AMG engine can go missing from time to time (its the reason they have gone to NA but they wont admit that openly), it will generally pump out quick times all day long at least enough to see the F6 off due to it being a pretty easy car to launch despite having 700nm. Not scientific I know but from stand still to 100 by watch it was doing about 5 seconds in a canter. Turn T/C off and things get interesting especially in the wet although Mercs really only snooze not sleep.

Although only 5 speeds it was a very good box. I think the ZF is probably better but in the right car I could happily own the box in the E55 and not feel I was missing too much. You would think the sideways sport selection, (Merc have name for it but it escapes me for the minute) would be strange but I liked it. I assume Russellw has this in his SRT8. The E55 also has steering wheel gear selection behind the wheel. Something you never get used to is the infernal foot operated park brake. The stalk CC a close second.

With all the talk of noise ADR requirements AMG must have missed the memo. AMG know a thing or two about engine noise. Simply awesome, and nearly enough reason to own right there. When sensible and form memory fuel consumption wasn’t too bad.

If you were being given a car out of the two you would pick the E55 and never complain about red lights again. If you were paying with your own money and both cost the same, it would be the F6 for me. My performance car has to handle and I couldn't get used to the steering in the E55. I hated it.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #72
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Clarksone raved over that Range rover sports thing. (the one he raced agianst an Army tank) would love to hear his take on a Terrier Turbo.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #73
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
I would be more worry if they decided to bring veron down to do performance test since its an actually road car as well.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post