Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Do you warn oncoming traffic of police?
Yes 87 81.31%
No 20 18.69%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #31
BAFalconXT
Sold...

When my car got stolen, it was found... The police said that they had to leave me with the car because the person was leaving the car there and coming back. THEY DIDNT EVEN SET UP A COUPLE UNDERCOVERS AND WAIT FOR THEM TO COME BACK! Police dont make laws, they enforce them, and if enough of them stuck up for what they beleived in maybe more crimes would be solved, not sitting on freeways pulling people over for doing a few km over the speed limit.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #32
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

I flash to warn people of any unwanted dangers/hazards/revenue raising traps ahead in the road. ie crashes, animals, speed cameras etc etc.
Definately don't flash for RBTs though.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #33
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i voted yes, but it depends on whether the oncoming traffic is driving sensibly. if it's someone driving like an idiot, then no.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #34
gcm

Argh! I've been jinxed by all this talk of booze buses. Got pulled over by one the other day (haven't been drinking for months full stop!) and the copper had a go about me displaying the P plates through the tinted window. Apparently they have to be "clearly displayed" and 30% tint or whatever the car has means they must be displayed "in a holder at the rear of the vehicle". Lucky he wasn't in a bad mood and slapping on the 2 point hundred something dollar fine!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #35
redhotxr6
Starter Motor

in victoria you get pinged for flashing. using highbeam in a built up area. day or night is illegal according to our premiers a***lickers TRUST ME GREG
redhotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #36
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

yess it is illegal to flash even low beams to warn of speed cameras but i know a police prosecuter who says many people have been caught flashing for cameras but only a few have been fined becuase the driver can say they bumped thier lights and be let go
Old 05-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #37
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Voted yes but sometimes i dont...if its a booze bus i wont...but a mobile radar i will except if i see some hoon who is excessivly speeding.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 08:45 AM   #38
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

I dont, I dont speed, so why should i let others get the satisfaction of going faster then me.

I think its funny when people see speed cameras, they slow down to like 20kms under the limit because they are so used to speeding, i just zoom streight past them doing the same speed as i was doing before.

Its simple guys, if you dont want these people to get your money, dont speed, how hard is that? We are trying to make these forums look respectable and show that we are not hoons, and here we are all condoning 'hoon' behaviour like speeding.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #39
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Your definition of HOON and behaviour is interesting.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #40
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I only flash if I've been through an emergency situation and feel I need to warn motorists coming the other way to slow down.

Other times, too bad, so sad.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #41
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Yes I do, but only use low beam. There is no way that you could be fined for using low beam. They could not prove that you didn't "bump" them.

XplosiveR6 what a petty comment. "why should i let others get the satisfaction of going faster then me" If you are in Victoria you would be aware that we can be pinged for doing just 3 kays over the limit. This means that I can "believe" that I am doing the speed limit but still get booked for going over the limit. Tell me that is a fair and just system and not revenue raising.

Mr "I don't speed" would still get done :MrT_anim:

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #42
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveR6
I dont, I dont speed, so why should i let others get the satisfaction of going faster then me.

I think its funny when people see speed cameras, they slow down to like 20kms under the limit because they are so used to speeding, i just zoom streight past them doing the same speed as i was doing before.

Its simple guys, if you dont want these people to get your money, dont speed, how hard is that? We are trying to make these forums look respectable and show that we are not hoons, and here we are all condoning 'hoon' behaviour like speeding.
Ah ha, righto.

If that's what you think, fine. Although not necesarily true.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #43
86XFFairmont
No Car Too Low Too Tow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733
i voted yes, but it depends on whether the oncoming traffic is driving sensibly. if it's someone driving like an idiot, then no.
I agree with GT wen im in the truck then yeah i do for speed cameras never for RBT's and sumtimes for radar's and Roadworthy Stations that have been setup if there is a nice car coming up to it, also for se melb drivers be wary ove the princess HWY between Clayton RD and Huntingdale RD as the Toggies sit on the centre median facing toward the city but more ove the other side ove the median more to the outboud side and they sit right beside sum bushes as i seen em one night in the truck as they were the same ones that did me in the car so just be carefull...
Old 06-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #44
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Yes for cameras, for the people doing a little over.

I turn lights on and off so I can not get booked for high beam in built up area.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #45
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I used to flash other drivers ... then realised if they are speeding ... they deserve to be caught.

Plus you can get booked for it as well.

Police are there for a reason ... flashing someone to let them know they are there gives them a chance to slow down from driving dangerously ... they keep their false sense of security that speeding is OK ... and they continue on their way again.

It's rare to see people flash you to warn about police.

It's the element of surprise that catches speeders out ... flashing drivers gets rid of that ... and they get away with it.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #46
BAWagonWheels

I flash wreckless drivers who disobey or danger others rather than help them avoid getting fines.

BAWagonWheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post