Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
rattchrl
ef falcon gli

Default EF ignition problems

My husband bought an EF from the council auction, it is a 94 falcon GLI.
It is a stolen recovery that has a busted ignition, my husband has been on other forums trying to get some help but has had no luck, so I thought I would try...It was purchased to be sold for parts But I want to keep it and he wants to strip it....I WON!!!!!!!

If I can get it going I might have a better chance of convincing him so any help please with hot wiring the wires that are there under the ignition would be great, cause being a ford fan once he hears it he WILL want to fix it....

Thanks in advance for any help....Tam
rattchrl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
Kryton

glad to see you made it!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #3
rattchrl
ef falcon gli

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
glad to see you made it!
didnt take us long to find it ..... thanks heaps..... she is a nice car .... hope someone can help us .... thanks again ...
rattchrl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
Brent-EA Ghia

If its still similar to earlier E-series you should be able to remove the barrel/steering lock assembly, they were secured using two sheer bolts. to get to them you have to rmove the plastic shrouds that are fitted to the steering column (four plastic clips hold lower section, four screws attach the top section and can be accesed once lower section removed) and it helps to have the column lowered. You may like to disconnect the battery incase you annoy the airbag.

Someone may have a pic showing where the shearbolts are, but you should be able to find them, them its just a matter of unscrewing them!

Brent.
Brent-EA Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

then you need another barrel from another car... u will need to connect all the wiring to the new barrel then let the smart lock ecu down load the new barrel.. it takes 30-45 mins
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 10:49 PM   #6
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

and u need the matching key for the barrel (or you can program another, i'm not 100% sure but i think it's key in the inition switched to acc for 1/2 an hour?)