Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-09-2024, 06:48 PM   #3301
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Gyeon Can Coat EVO topped with Gyeon Cure, topped with Armour Detail Supply Amplify as a drying aid.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #3302
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Yuk!

These Bridgestone's are a year old and almost certainly never cleaned. I'm using Shine Supply Wise Guy below, mixed at the suggested 1:1 ratio.

In this case, I repeated the process twice, any more than that and you end up working against the grain.

Tyre browning or "blooming" is caused by a combination of factors. The most obvious being from dirt, road grime and old dressings. Residual manufacturing and release agents are also a factor. The most prevalent though is the UV inhibitors that rise to surface of the rubber, which is by design when exposed to sunlight. And this is where so many go wrong.

The common belief is to keep repeating the scrub and rinse process until the tyre cleaner stops turning brown under agitation. However, doing that also triggers the release of more anti-ozone and UV inhibitors, which in turn means your tyres turn brown again or keep turning brown within a short period. Eventually, you will deplete these agents and ultimately cause the tyre to prematurely age and deteriorate. So, not only are you wasting your time completing pass after pass on a regular basis, you are also ruining your tyres.

In cases like above, repeat the scrub process two or three at the max, but stop there. If you still think the tyre looks brown after its been dried, you can then progress to Stoner's Tarminator as an occasional reset treatment. I stress occasional as Tarminator is harsh.

The amount of times I've come across people complaining they can't get their tyres clean or keep them clean, that then go on to blame the product or brush they are using or state they have "tried everything". When in actual fact, the cause is from the user not understanding what they are doing. I will grant a grand prize for the first person to name the country of origin relating to these complaints.
Mustang GT

Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #3303
Trendseeker

USA?

Another approach for those tyres would be to hose them down and then paint them with Kitten Tyre Black. The owner is just going to get them dirty again soon enough.
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #3304
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendseeker View Post
USA?
We have a winner!
Mustang GT

This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #3305
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

First proper wash of the Dark Horse Mustang today after the initial detail and ceramic coat was applied 3 weeks ago. After 900km the wheels were coated in more brake dust that I would like. I sprayed them with NV Purge and left that for a few minutes while I set up the buckets and pressure washer. I then foamed the car with NV Snow and then rinsed it all off, paying attention to the wheel arches which were a bit grotty from some wet gravel roads.
The car seemed pretty clean after that but got a contact wash with Snow to get rid of a bit of bug splatter.
Then I got to use my new Big Boi Blowr Pro+. The jury is still out on this. I知 not sure buying the top model is any better than the basic unit. The exception would be the 9m hose which is the primary reason I got the top model. The unit works well and is pretty good at getting rid of the trapped water from grills, door handles, door jams and badges. $700 good? Probably not.
Once the car was dry I applied NV Lustre. The car was already super glossy so I couldn稚 see much difference but it certainly feels slick.

Cleaning the wheels on this car is going to be a pain as there is only about 3mm clearance to the massive calipers. No brush is going to fit to clean the barrels. And it looks like they are going to need super regular cleaning. I値l also have to invest in some bulk wheel cleaner. Any suggestions? I値l probably buy a 4 litre bottle.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #3306
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
First proper wash of the Dark Horse Mustang today after the initial detail and ceramic coat was applied 3 weeks ago. After 900km the wheels were coated in more brake dust that I would like. I sprayed them with NV Purge and left that for a few minutes while I set up the buckets and pressure washer. I then foamed the car with NV Snow and then rinsed it all off, paying attention to the wheel arches which were a bit grotty from some wet gravel roads.
The car seemed pretty clean after that but got a contact wash with Snow to get rid of a bit of bug splatter.
Then I got to use my new Big Boi Blowr Pro+. The jury is still out on this. I知 not sure buying the top model is any better than the basic unit. The exception would be the 9m hose which is the primary reason I got the top model. The unit works well and is pretty good at getting rid of the trapped water from grills, door handles, door jams and badges. $700 good? Probably not.
Once the car was dry I applied NV Lustre. The car was already super glossy so I couldn稚 see much difference but it certainly feels slick.

Cleaning the wheels on this car is going to be a pain as there is only about 3mm clearance to the massive calipers. No brush is going to fit to clean the barrels. And it looks like they are going to need super regular cleaning. I値l also have to invest in some bulk wheel cleaner. Any suggestions? I値l probably buy a 4 litre bottle.
NV Purge is the best of the iron-remover type, decently priced compared to similar options. If you are struggling to get access to the barrel, Purge is going to be the most effective without contact.

Otherwise, an alkaline wheel cleaner will be the go, and less stinky too.

Megs Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner seems ok, but as usual for Meg's in Australia, finding some is hard, or its vastly overpriced to discourage an order.

The Ethos version is too expensive, the Adam's version discontinued.

https://autobuff.com.au/products/eth...44599064297697

Shine Supply Wise Guy is now listed as a Wheel and Tyre Cleaner, previously it was for tyres only. This stuff can be pretty aggressive, even diluted as suggested. A 3.78 lt bottle will make up 7.56 lt of product.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...30236506259545

But, I would just do Brake Buster. For $60, its great value and can be used neat (heavy duty wheel cleaning, tyres) or diluted (regular washing). I use it in a spray bottle for tyres, and have an extra foam cannon to apply it to wheels, the pressure washer doing the dilution for me. It also has a corrosion inhibitor.

https://autobuff.com.au/products/p-s...aner-3-8l-1gal
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...18503701233721
https://www.detailstore.com.au/produ...cef82033&_ss=r

Mustang GT