Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #3871
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Really? This much discussion over the inclusion of an antenna?
Who really cares?
If it improves the reception that the earlier window integrated antenna had then why not?
Cost saving, well being the last model it doesn't matter.
There are far more pressing items that require attention than an antenna.
The radio reception in FG has been fairly crap so this has to be a step forward either way.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #3872
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Really? This much discussion over the inclusion of an antenna?
Who really cares?
If it improves the reception that the earlier window integrated antenna had then why not?
Cost saving, well being the last model it doesn't matter.
There are far more pressing items that require attention than an antenna.
why does it irritate you so much? This thread is to discuss the 2014 Falcon. The 2014 Falcon (including FG2) includes a new antenna which is seen by many to be unsightly. This is the exact place to discuss it.

be nice if people stopped whining so much about this thread and just contributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
The radio reception in FG has been fairly crap so this has to be a step forward either way.
no issues with the radio in my FG2 (glass antenna) and i do a lot of highway travel - same reception as my AU2 with its gigantic antenna
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #3873
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I hate my AU antenna, so CD's pretty much all the time or its at half mast..LOL
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #3874
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
why does it irritate you so much? This thread is to discuss the 2014 Falcon. The 2014 Falcon (including FG2) includes a new antenna which is seen by many to be unsightly. This is the exact place to discuss it.

be nice if people stopped whining so much about this thread and just contributed.

no issues with the radio in my FG2 (glass antenna) and i do a lot of highway travel - same reception as my AU2 with its gigantic antenna
Fair point but it doesn't irritate me, I just find it amusing.
Understand that it is the place to discuss it, I would have thought other areas were of more interest but each have their own priorities.

Hmmmm like I said not whining, so no need to jump to conclusions. Like you said though, a place to discuss it, one mans whine is another man's discussion .

FYI the antenna in my BA and BF2 that was integrated in the glass resulted in terrible reception. FM had AM quality radio.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #3875
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Fair point but it doesn't irritate me, I just find it amusing.
Understand that it is the place to discuss it, I would have thought other areas were of more interest but each have their own priorities.

Hmmmm like I said not whining, so no need to jump to conclusions. Like you said though, a place to discuss it, one mans whine is another man's discussion .

FYI the antenna in my BA and BF2 that was integrated in the glass resulted in terrible reception. FM had AM quality radio.
I have heard that Tinted windows with a "metallic" content made the in glass antennas in B series not work well. Just sayin.
Radio in my BFGT works a treat - no reception issues in suburban or outer suburban areas.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #3876
Callum31

Well the fact I said "I don't think so" mean's that's what I think, not what I know...
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #3877
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
I have heard that Tinted windows with a "metallic" content made the in glass antennas in B series not work well. Just sayin.
Radio in my BFGT works a treat - no reception issues in suburban or outer suburban areas.
Yep, heard the same when i bought the BA, ensured that the tint wasn't metallic and on the BF2 i didn't tint the windows.

I guess I lucked out.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #3878
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

yeah i have metallic tint on the side windows and non metallic on the back of the FG to prevent any issues, did the same with my BA/BF and it was good in that too - depends on many factors though

i guess it won't be an issue in F?
Old 05-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #3879
Callum31

You guys don't seem to get it, Spyman did an excellent job at slowly revealing the whole front and rear end to us in bits and pieces. If you don't know what it's going to look like then you haven't been paying any attention. Some of you are just trying to start an argument for your own entertainment. And those people who reckon they've been asking me all these questions, I don't know who the hell you guys are anyway. If you messaged me on my page privately and asked these 'Questions' then we wouldn't have a problem.

I'm not telling lies at all, the pieces to the puzzle are all there, Spyman has shown us pretty much all the front and rear end of the car, as all the other parts of the exterior of the car have been carried over from the FG.

Stop judging, and bagging out others.

If I've seen the front and rear then I've seen the bloody official car as that's what's been changed on it!

This is pathetic!

Oh and I've received some extremely good feedback about my page, so I'm not letting 3 blokes stop me over jealousy...
5 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #3880
Callum31

Back on topic, apparently new the 2014 Falcon's are already starting to roll along the production line, with a release in around 3/4 months, (Apparently). Will Ford reveal the Falcon with the GT-F. As Ford has confirmed to me on numerous occasions that the 2014 Falcon will have a 'comprehensive' launch plan.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #3881
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Yep, heard the same when i bought the BA, ensured that the tint wasn't metallic and on the BF2 i didn't tint the windows.

I guess I lucked out.
Who cares anyways. Turn the radio down, open sunroof or lower drivers side window and press right foot hard on acceleartor and listen to the BOSS roar. Best kind of music.
7 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #3882
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Callum31 this is AFF not Facebook so please stop banging on about your page. The problem some people have had with you here is not your excitement and enthusiasm over the new Falcon but that you type everything as though you have some authority over the whole situation when you're no different to anyone else here.

Put it to bed, and let's all just enjoy the thread without the unnecessary poo-slinging.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #3883
Callum31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Callum31 this is AFF not Facebook so please stop banging on about your page. The problem some people have had with you here is not your excitement and enthusiasm over the new Falcon but that you type everything as though you have some authority over the whole situation when you're no different to anyone else here.

Put it to bed, and let's all just enjoy the thread without the unnecessary poo-slinging.
Excuse me???? They are the ones always bringing up about my page, not everyone knows the same amount of info... lol... and everybody is differen't and know more than others or less...
Old 05-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #3884
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbo View Post
I wonder if that means anything. You know with all these rumours circulating that FH may not happen... :-)
Hey,
With all the figures floating around in regards to act how much they are selling

It's scary hope they still make it

Gt-f is out and about Tuesday press day

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #3885
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Who cares anyways. Turn the radio down, open sunroof or lower drivers side window and press right foot hard on acceleartor and listen to the BOSS roar. Best kind of music.
Herein lies the issue, the care factor when there is an issue.
"She'll be right just turn up the radio."
Old 05-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #3886
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
Back on topic, apparently new the 2014 Falcon's are already starting to roll along the production line, with a release in around 3/4 months, (Apparently). Will Ford reveal the Falcon with the GT-F. As Ford has confirmed to me on numerous occasions that the 2014 Falcon will have a 'comprehensive' launch plan.
No they wont.

And yes they are building them but they aren't retail cars, they are still final phase pre-production from what I have been told. Which probably explains why we are starting to see some changes filter into FG3.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #3887
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Front quarters are the same with flutes cute out in them for inserts the same as the SZ Territory, otherwise they are identical.
No they're not !!

They are all new and the point and headlight cut out are different !!!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #3888
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
This, going of thd photos we have, the only new sheet metal will be the bonnet and boot. Rear quaters seem to be the same with the lights maintaining the FG cut out in the panel. Same with the front, I'd say the FH gaurd will bolt directly to a FG without changing the bar or lights...
No !

Front fenders are new !!!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #3889
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Herein lies the issue, the care factor when there is an issue.
"She'll be right just turn up the radio."
I'm about as picky as they come - make no mistake. Have had 6K worth of front Bremo calipers replaced because they had a slight run in the paint that started to fade and I wasnt happy. If my radio wasnt working properly - I'm the type that would get the whole car replaced under warranty - not just the radio fixed. My post was in jest about making a possibly difficult situation a good one, not one of ignorance or apathy.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #3890
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
LOL no I don't know, it is an FH/FX thing and we know the reason the FH car has the antenna........
And that's what i am interested in!!! What is new about the 201X that needs this new antenna???? LOL
Old 05-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #3891
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
I'm about as picky as they come - make no mistake. Have had 6K worth of front Bremo calipers replaced because they had a slight run in the paint that started to fade and I wasnt happy. If my radio wasnt working properly - I'm the type that would get the whole car replaced under warranty - not just the radio fixed. My post was in jest about making a possibly difficult situation a good one, not one of ignorance or apathy.
Fair enough and I am like you too with regards to dealing with faults.

Still some people have that attitude of exactly what I'd mentioned, I remember a Holden dealer giving the same advice to a customer.
Too many times does this happen and the manufacturer just lets it slide. Before you know it there are several areas of quality concern that could have been fixed initially but were just considered "minor."
Old 05-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #3892
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
No !

Front fenders are new !!!
Cool, photos don't do the changes justice so far. The cut out looked very similar.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #3893
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
Excuse me???? They are the ones always bringing up about my page, not everyone knows the same amount of info... lol... and everybody is differen't and know more than others or less...
Source: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...postcount=2538
Quote:
G'day guys i'm the one and only admin to the Facebook page called 'Support the new 2014 Ford Falcon' and I need to get as much info as I can on the 2014 Falcon, I currently have close to 11,000 fans and counting!
Hmmm...

Anyway when the FX Falcon is revealed and we see it doesn't have a 220kW 6cyl or a new interior (two things you claimed...), we'll know once and for all if you know "more than others or less"...
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #3894
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

****** me, if we get all the assumptions off of FF's we wont have many posts left... Just leave the bloke alone... Go Ford!

Those night photos show some well designed and thought out taillights. The most effort they have ever gone too. Fantastic!
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #3895
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
And that's what i am interested in!!! What is new about the 201X that needs this new antenna???? LOL
My touch?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #3896
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
My touch?
Touch has been canned I believe.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #3897
Callum31

Focus, I did not 'claim' that, that is what one bloke told me who has been in the factory and seen it as his mate works at Ford. Ford usually gain at least 5kw with every new Falcon, so the new one should at least hit 200kw.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #3898
Callum31

We should expect Sync in the new Falcon as that's Ford's whole global strategy of 'Going Further'. Maybe the longer antenna is for better Satellite navigation for Sync and all that? Maybe they put it on the FG MKII so people won't notice the antenna as much on the new model? To make as if it's always been there or something?

I'm not sure but I don't think anymore money will be spent on the MKII, as they have a really tight budget on Falcon now and will spend it mostly on the FH and new Territory.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #3899
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey,
From what I've herd the new colour screen in the up coming GT-f should be an area we should be looking at

But don't quote me on this......

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #3900
Callum31

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
Hey,
From what I've herd the new colour screen in the up coming GT-f should be an area we should be looking at

But don't quote me on this......

Spyman
Welcome back Spyman!
3 users like this post: