Old 19-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #391
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

I wish i could phoptoshop that well! :
BA-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #392
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Those wheels look like the ones off an AU1 or 2 TS50.
Old 19-08-2005, 09:18 PM   #393
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

ooh just noticed..it has FPV badges? will FPV be doing the XR8 this time round?
Old 19-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #394
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

are they 19's?
Old 19-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #395
matto76

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
There was an upgrade price mentioned in one of the articles of around $1800.00, I'm guessing at this for a very rough bench mark probably more more like $2500.00 starting for the bigger V8's. But that is purely a guess.

Re-reading that price quoted is for the 6-speed over the 4-speed. my bad.
I think Ford will be trying very hard to keep the increases reasonable.
Thanx! _2: Yeah hoping its not too much more of an increase as ive just had a Ba XR6 for the weekend and got a deal on paper from my dealer to think about and then they release the BF on me. So ill be waiting for that hopefully!!
Old 19-08-2005, 09:35 PM   #396
matto76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Matto...

Dealers will not know about this until Ford release the car...

Dealers are given very little information and sales staff usually know nothing till stock arrives and deliveries start.
Hi Shockwave, _2:
Rang my dealer and sussed him out again and he did reveal he 'only found out an hr ago' at the time. I believe him now. Just didn't realise the sales people aren't in the "know-how" of what goes on. You'd think they would be. I spose its to keep thing under wraps longer.

Maybe ford sales people should start logging on to this site more.

They still have my sale when the BF arrives :eclipsee_ , I jumped the gun!! :
Old 19-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #397
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dealers got a full rundown of the new models today.. well most would have.

There really isnt anything in that documentation that isnt already around the net... And there wasnt any pictures, however it is very technical.

Pricing will be released before October!

XR6 NA will probarly go up the most as it has to include the extra cost of either the six speed manual or the auto, which the other models already have (manual).

I would presume the following pricing.

BF XT

$34,000 ish

BF FUTURA

$38,000

BF XR6 6/MANUAL

$39,500

BF XR6 6/AUTO

$41,000

BF XR6 Turbo 6/Manual

$46,500

BF XR6 Turbo 6/Auto

$48,000

BF XR8 6 / Manual

$51,000

BF XR8 6 / Auto

$52,500

BF Fairmont 4 / Auto

$41,000

BF Fairmont Ghia 6 / Auto

$53,500

Thats how I think they will structure it, but come Jan 05 you will be able to take about 3 grand off that with 04 stock. :Reverend:

I also had a guy tell me that Southside Ford in Brisbane already have a new G8 floating around... Now whether Ford Australia has sent them some BF models for local media testing I don't know, but this guy seemed pretty sure about what he had seen and what the dealer was telling him. I for one haven't seen one and would doubt so as Metro / Southside Ford (AP Eagers group) seems to get all of Ford Australias Evaluation cars before anyone else.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 19-08-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #398
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The pic aint real

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KED
Looks like they have gone for new headlights this time around along with GT style stripes on the XR8.

BF XR8 Photo
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #399
matto76

Shockwave,

Thanks for giving us an idea of pricing for the new range!!

An excited now. Push on for Oct!!
Just was lookin at Ford website and checked out the two new colours on there: toxic & bionic. Am very impressed and cant wait to check out the other new ones soon!!
Old 19-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #400
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

do they have the BF on there yet? Isnt that shot real????
Old 20-08-2005, 10:20 AM   #401
RATT

Various shots of are on this thread.
Old 20-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #402
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Ford is calling this car the BF Falcon( so I hear). It will be fitted with the 6 speed autos in certain models.

The thing that will be confusing is that the current Fairlane is called a BF?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #403
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Ford is calling this car the BF Falcon( so I hear). It will be fitted with the 6 speed autos in certain models.

The thing that will be confusing is that the current Fairlane is called a BF?
The Fairlane is BA, same as BA Falcon. New Fairlane will be BF Fairlane.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #404
FP07GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
:

I hate to see someone go buy a 30 k XR6 Turbo second hand and spend 5 grand modding it, goodbye Mr V8 man :

Do you honestly think if some ****er in a turbo beats me in my V8 from the lights, I get all depressed??? Grow up.

Some of you clowns on here go on about enthusiasts and what they prefer and know. You guys know nothing.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE, YOU JERKS, WHAT EVER TYPE OF RIDE YOU HAVE.

So a turbo can beat me from the lights big deal, my V8 still sounds F#%king fantastic no matter whos beating me.

I havent been on here for months as Im sick of the pretend experts on here crapping on, but I thought the new BF would be inspiring some intelligent adult chat, silly me, guess its the last time Im coming on this messed up site
Old 20-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #405
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Its not a messed up site, just messed up people.
Old 20-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #406
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
Its not a messed up site, just messed up people.
Some ppl, not all.

Just take it all with a grain of salt and its all good baby! :

nah, just don't get too wound up and get on with life, please!

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #407
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR84TS
Do you honestly think if some ****er in a turbo beats me in my V8 from the lights, I get all depressed??? Grow up.

Some of you clowns on here go on about enthusiasts and what they prefer and know. You guys know nothing.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE, YOU JERKS, WHAT EVER TYPE OF RIDE YOU HAVE.

So a turbo can beat me from the lights big deal, my V8 still sounds F#%king fantastic no matter whos beating me.

I havent been on here for months as Im sick of the pretend experts on here crapping on, but I thought the new BF would be inspiring some intelligent adult chat, silly me, guess its the last time Im coming on this messed up site
Alot of it is water off a ducks back mate. There's no need to get worked up!
Old 20-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #408
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR84TS
I havent been on here for months \

Here let me make the next choice for you to log back on a little easier for another month!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #409
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KED
Looks like they have gone for new headlights this time around along with GT style stripes on the XR8.

BF XR8 Photo
That definatley looks like a Photoshop. I thought the XR bumpers were going to look more like the GT. The lower section instead of coming in like it does now, it goes outwards. Besides, the stripes, surely ford wouldn't write 5.4 litre V8 in the stripes. And I figured stripes are GT option, not XR option.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 07:46 PM   #410
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have any of the new colour swabs been released, it's hard to picture them based on the description given in the press releases. https://www.ford.com.au/about/newsro...20050817-7.asp
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #411
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

These are all worthwhile upgrades for a low cost, latter part of the model cycle vehicle that is being introduced into a shrinking market sector.

It's good to see that despite FPV taking the soft option on expanding the model range, some of the improvements previously developed for another model have found their way into the rest of the range such as the bigger brakes, heavily revised suspension and new exhaust.

The ZF 6 speed is a good addition to the range - it's a very good box and will make the BTR 4 speed unit look like the ancient nail it has been for some years. Whether it's worth the extra bucks at the fleet end of the market is questionable but in the performance end it is great value. I'd not be betting that the perfromance models will get a performance oriented rear axle ratio (sadly) but you never know your luck. Something with a 3 at the start would be nice but I don't know that the half shafts would last too long at that.

Visual differences will be one for the trainspotters but that's to be expected at this final stage of the model life and there isn't much wrong with the present design that it didn't inherit from AU anyway and which can only be fixed with a complete new platform.

Overall there is likely to be more value in each model for modest price increases and I'd have to say that the entire upgrade is somewhat more than I expected.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #412
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A thought. Is it called BF coz it will be the last Big Falcon (?)and we can expect something radically smalelr and different in '08?
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 11:26 AM   #413
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
A thought. Is it called BF coz it will be the last Big Falcon (?)and we can expect something radically smalelr and different in '08?
No. . .
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #414
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
i dont think so, that would be suiside for ford. their efforts will be put into making an affordable, fuel efficiant large family sedan
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #415
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Falcon will never shrink in size. Cars on average are growing in size, not going backwards.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #416
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know if this has been posted, but there is a little morte technical info here; http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Quote:
The main gains in power and torque have come from the addition of dual independent variable camshaft timing, which allows each of the camshafts to rotate independently, a higher compression ratio that has been pushed from 9.7:1 to 10.3:1, dual knock sensors allowing greater ignition/spark control and more computing power for the powertrain control module.
I thought that the Barra 182 already had 'independant variable camshaft timing'.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #417
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
I thought that the Barra 182 already had 'independant variable camshaft timing'.
It has the potential for independant variable camshaft timing but the factory program operates them in sync so that there are phased together. They are only starting to scratch the surface of the potential of these engines.

Varying the camshafts independantly was an obvious no-brainer.
Old 21-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #418
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Quote:
]

That would make sense to me.

Fuels going up and the market is looking for something more thrifty. It wouldn't be the first time this was a winning strategy, Holden did it when it killed the Kingswood and introduced the Commodore during the late 70's/80's fuel crisis. History has told us that Ford's response of dumping the V8 wasn't the most considered response that still has consequences to this day.

Besides, Ford now has the Territory for those that still want/need a larger family car.
Old 21-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #419
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that would be a mistake, in my opinion, they just need to make engines that are compatible with E85, and hopefully 100% Ethanol, the government needs to promise no excise on Ethanol till 2030 or something, or very low tax on it at least.... ok i am asking a bit much now?
Maybe a hybrid version for people who want lower running costs, or 2.7L diesel hybrid
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #420
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
It has the potential for independant variable camshaft timing but the factory program operates them in sync so that there are phased together. They are only starting to scratch the surface of the potential of these engines.

Varying the camshafts independantly was an obvious no-brainer.
Will that mean the Barra 182 Users will also be able to get the upgrade to 190, or are we going to have to stick with what we have? There is nothing wrong with 182, however My Boat still uses the most of the 182 and 380 NM that I have, and there are times when I feel that more power would be nice.

-Andrew
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote