Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #4261
cortinagt

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

I know they have already said the last V8 ute will be the FGII but how about XR6T utes? Will there be a turbo ute after FG?
Old 16-06-2014, 01:46 AM   #4262
AUS GRUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
i reckon they're on the money with the 315, leaves room for either a power pack and/or special edition 335 down the track.
Hmm, i'm not sure about that but if they were going to bring out the xr8 with only 315, then why isn't there going to be any xr8 utes made...because i know ford said the reason they didn't bring out a ute with the 335 engine/tune was because the leaf spring rear end couldn't cope with the extra power/torque making it a handful to drive...and for that reason i think the new xr8 (sedan only) will have the 335 engine in it IMO
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #4263
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortinagt View Post
I know they have already said the last V8 ute will be the FGII but how about XR6T utes? Will there be a turbo ute after FG?
As far as i'm aware, yeah.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #4264
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I know a few have mentioned that the F6 engine will not live on..but will the I6T still be 270? And any chance of a LM edition of the XR6T before the end?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #4265
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
I had a stock vy ss only mod was an ss inductions big mouth. I beat B series XR8's pretty easy
I know this probably sounds like a cop-out, however if you beat an XR8 in an SS, it was probably the driver. The problem with the XR8 (& probably the GT) is if you give them too much go pedal too soon - you will hit a big Dead Spot.

They are a comparatively high tech (compared to the primitive Push-rod 2V SS) DOHC 4v engine with Ram-Tube induction & Coil on Plug ignition, that love to rev hard and fast all the way from 3500-6000 Rpm, however if you just nail the go pedal to the floor - you will go nowhere. It requires conscious (intelligent) driver input to modulate the go-pedal to find and keep the sweet spot - and then it absolutely flies !!

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 16-06-2014 at 11:19 AM.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #4266
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

2014 = no truck based V8. Can we move on please.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #4267
Callum31

Ford confirmed to me a 'comprehensive' launch plan was in place for the 2014 Falcon.

I love what I see so far and really hope Ford make the 2014 Falcon's reveal the best ever, displaying all the previous Falcon models, as a big history event showing how far Falcon has come since the XK (1960).

This 2014 Falcon is a car we've been waiting for years and despite the low sales it's still a reveal just as exciting to the Australian community as all the other previous Falcon models. The new Falcon will be a sell out no doubt, for 2 and a half years people have just been waiting for the new model.

I think Ford will give all it has to give the Falcon it's final send off, however i'll never buy a Mustang now.

Just wish Ford would have exported the Falcon and given it another chance.

Count me in for a new Falcon XR6 Turbo when it arrives.
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #4268
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
I know this probably sounds like a cop-out, however if you beat an XR8 in an SS, it was probably the driver. The problem with the XR8 (& probably the GT) is if you give them too much go pedal too soon - you will hit a big Dead Spot.

They are a comparatively high tech (compared to the primitive Push-rod 2V SS) DOHC 4v engine with Ram-Tube induction & Coil on Plug ignition, that love to rev hard and fast all the way from 3500-6000 Rpm, however if you just nail the go pedal to the floor - you will go nowhere. It requires conscious (intelligent) driver input to modulate the go-pedal to find and keep the sweet spot - and then it absolutely flies !!
No pretty sure it was the XR8. Like the other guy said all the mags had the SS quicker when they came out too
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #4269
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
Ford confirmed to me a 'comprehensive' launch plan was in place for the 2014 Falcon.

I love what I see so far and really hope Ford make the 2014 Falcon's reveal the best ever, displaying all the previous Falcon models, as a big history event showing how far Falcon has come since the XK (1960).

This 2014 Falcon is a car we've been waiting for years and despite the low sales it's still a reveal just as exciting to the Australian community as all the other previous Falcon models. The new Falcon will be a sell out no doubt, for 2 and a half years people have just been waiting for the new model.

I think Ford will give all it has to give the Falcon it's final send off, however i'll never buy a Mustang now.

Just wish Ford would have exported the Falcon and given it another chance.

Count me in for a new Falcon XR6 Turbo when it arrives.
To quote Capt Mainwearing (Bank Manager) from the classic Dads Army.(Regarding running a Business)...."Early to bed, early to rise.....NO bloody good, if you don't Advertise !"

Of course, if your advertising is incompetent...don't even bother. Unfortunately Ford AU Marketing have demonstrated their total incompetence in identifying and communicating with the potential Falcon market segment (in exclusively targeting Females - who are not likely to buy Falcons anyway) - let alone having the ability to sell the product - or "win them over".

As I have previously indicated, Ford Au marketing seem to think they are marketing Ladies Handbags. When was the last time they advertised the Falcon as THE Great Australian Road Car - with outstanding Driving Dynamics, rewarding power and handling etc...

And YES...I could do a better job (as could most business people with at least half a brain)

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 16-06-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 16-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #4270
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No pretty sure it was the XR8. Like the other guy said all the mags had the SS quicker when they came out too
The Mags were given Green engine cars (Not run in) the hand-built FPV engines need at least 5000ks to loosen up to liberate their true performance.

Then you get idiots like Jezz Sponks who not only manifestly lacks the finesse required to get the engine to sing - probably just nailing the go-pedal to the floor like an idiot (as I outlined above) then announcing in his "wisdom" that the XR8 would not rev past about 4000 RPM !! What a total JOKE - they go absolutely BALLISTIC OVER 4000 RPM.

So much for the credibility of Mag reviews of the time - total incompetent rubbish !
Old 16-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #4271
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
From what I remember the auto XR8 would beat an auto SS but a manual SS would beat a manual XR8
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #4272
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
2014 = no truck based V8. Can we move on please.
Truck based engine ? That's clever, like the awesome Mustang GT500 ?

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 16-06-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 16-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #4273
GT014

Quote:

. The new Falcon will be a sell out no doubt, for 2 and a half years people have just been waiting for the new model.
Lol I nearly spat out my lunch reading this in laughter. So your saying the reason falcon sales have died in the a$$ is because everyone has been holding off for 2 1/2 years waiting for the FH? Seriously lol

I love falcon but the new one won't be a sell out, unfortunately will be dead in 12 months. I'm looking fwd to what the FH brings but won't be buying one until 2nd hand xr8's start to appear. I've Lost way too much money on new cars
Old 16-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #4274
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^Exactly. Which is why you probably won't see the massive fanfare Falcon advertising (or have seen in the past).
No one is buying fullsized cars anymore, especially at the current RRPs. Current ads are targeted to people who are actually the ones buying cars "big enough for babies and things" or "nothing like a Golf". Why blow more millions producing adverts for a writeoff car anyway?

Take a quick poll of cars around you when you're driving.
Fiestas/Focii
Mazda 2/3
Golf / Polo
etc

The only "full sized" cars I see now are taxis, and they're mostly Aurions/Pruis' now, too.
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #4275
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post

I think we've all guessed you love the 5.4 twin cam engines Steve.
Having owned about 8 "primitive" LS powered cars and 4 Barra 5.4 powered cars I don't agree with your assessment and comparison of the engines.
The 5.4 was one of the most frustrating engines I've ever owned, once it started to rev it shortly thereafter hit cutout. I think of myself as an "intelligent" driver too, but to call the 5.4 fast and loving to rev is a stretch IMO. However, the 5.4 does sounds the dogs balls though.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #4276
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT014 View Post
Lol I nearly spat out my lunch reading this in laughter. So your saying the reason falcon sales have died in the a$$ is because everyone has been holding off for 2 1/2 years waiting for the FH? Seriously lol

I love falcon but the new one won't be a sell out, unfortunately will be dead in 12 months. I'm looking fwd to what the FH brings but won't be buying one until 2nd hand xr8's start to appear. I've Lost way too much money on new cars
I wouldn't question Callum31 as he's demonstrated on multiple occasions how many connections he has within Ford...

The FX will sell well for a few months but will shortly drop back down to the current figures. From all accounts it'll look amazing so us enthusiasts (a 1000 or so) will rush out and buy one, then by Dec this year they'll be selling 500 a month again. I expect demand for the XR8 and G6E +/- T models but otherwise I wouldn't expect too much.

I love the Falcon and would love to see it sell well but I'm also realistic...
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #4277
Callum31

Um... guys you're just like everyone else, who thinks they 'know it all'.

Most had the same predictions on the new Commodore saying it'll never be a hit or sell well. The new Falcon will sell well, I don't know how some of you can call yourself 'Ford Fans' if all you do is doubt and put other Ford fans down.

I'm not the only one of this thread who is sick of all the m***ns!
Old 16-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #4278
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
I wouldn't question Callum31 as he's demonstrated on multiple occasions how many connections he has within Ford...
How have I questioned him, I was just saying he is in fairyland if he thinks it will be a sell out and the australian public have been holding off for 2 1/2 yrs for the release of the FH. And it's not putting ford down or members, it's being realistic. Out of my 8 cars I've owned, 6 have been ford falcons, so I buy as much local product as I can.

Anyway, back on topic, spyman, how close is rocketscientists render of the actual car, looks pretty close to what I've seen

Last edited by GT014; 16-06-2014 at 03:24 PM.
GT014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #4279
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Now im not sure whether to buy an XR8 as soon as its released or wait for a possible special edition.
I would think Ford wouldn't want too many people "waiting". They'd be mad not to make the initial release a "special edition."

That's not to say there won't be a final "special edition" or whatever but it would make sense.

Having said that- the XR8 nameplate disappeared once before without much of a warning let alone any swan song send off model...
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #4280
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Um... guys you're just like everyone else, who thinks they 'know it all'.

Most had the same predictions on the new Commodore saying it'll never be a hit or sell well. The new Falcon will sell well, I don't know how some of you can call yourself 'Ford Fans' if all you do is doubt and put other Ford fans down.

I'm not the only one of this thread who is sick of all the m***ns!
What's being a Ford fan or not got to do with understanding the current car market will most likely not support the next Falcon due to the proven buyers not buying large cars? Recent history proves the new Falcon is very unlikely to see the sales that the VF is currently seeing.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Old 16-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #4281
Focused

Quote:
The new Falcon will sell well, I don't know how some of you can call yourself 'Ford Fans' if all you do is doubt and put other Ford fans down.
Being a Ford fan doesn't equate with naivety and blindly worshiping anything with a Ford badge. My pessimism is based on the Falcon's sales for the last few years (even the FG barely increased sales over the BF2) as well as the general downturn of large car sales. Your optimism is based on... what exactly?

There's a big difference between pointless and relentless criticism of Ford (which has been well featured in this thread) and sensible critique of the automotive market. It's also pointless to go to the other extreme and make unrealistic predictions as they also don't help the discussion.

Quote:
How have I questioned him, I was just saying he is in fairyland if he thinks it will be a sell out and the australian public have been holding off for 2 1/2 yrs for the release of the FH. And it's not putting ford down or members, it's being realistic. Out of my 8 cars I've owned, 6 have been ford falcons, so I buy as much local product as I can.
Don't worry I was being cheeky. He hasn't got any contacts in Ford... just a whole lot of friends of friends of a neighbor who overheard... I agree with you, he's off in fairly land and there'd be very few (if any) who've held off buying a FG2 for the last 2.5 years because they're waiting for the FX.

Last edited by Focused; 16-06-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #4282
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

ok back to the car..
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #4283
Callum31

Message from Ford to me:

"We can confirm that we’ll be able to reveal some teaser images of new Falcon fan very soon. Thanks for your continued enthusiasm for our Falcon product.

Team Ford"
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #4284
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Falcon fan?
Old 16-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #4285
Callum31

I think that was a typo from them lol
Old 16-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #4286
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Falcon fan?

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Old 16-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #4287
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

leaked pictures, very exciting
Old 16-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #4288
ronnas07

Or a typo and theres gonna be a Falcon van? lol
ronnas07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #4289
LooLoo18

Quote:
Message from Ford to me:

"We can confirm that we’ll be able to reveal some teaser images of new Falcon fan very soon. Thanks for your continued enthusiasm for our Falcon product.

Team Ford"
How long ago did they say this?
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #4290
Callum31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
How long ago did they say this?
Messaged me today...
3 users like this post: