Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #5281
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
What happens to these cars once they are through with them? Surely Ford could spare them from the crusher and keep/sell them as memorabilia, for the last time in history...
They will be crushed. But they will have plenty left laying around the place. You should see the back of PD, it's like a car graveyard. Rows of various oddities that have served their purpose and are just left there, or pilfered for spare parts.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #5282
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
They will be crushed. But they will have plenty left laying around the place. You should see the back of PD, it's like a car graveyard. Rows of various oddities that have served their purpose and are just left there, or pilfered for spare parts.
Care to share some of the oddities that you've seen over the years?? Would be one of life's wishes to visit Ford PD and see what awesome creations they could have or did come up with over the years, its probably a high security complex ?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #5283
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Might be a phase 10 V10 BA Coupe laying in that collection?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #5284
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Have you been there lately? I think they have cleaned a fair amount of stuff out of there.

These falcons should be sold cheap as wov's
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #5285
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In doing 5 seconds of research I found

507 Electric Vehicles hold the world record for the most vehicles of the same type gathered in one spot in Germany this year.

So that would be the target for a Falcon gathering from what I can see at the moment.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #5286
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

That's nothing.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #5287
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Wheres spyman? Is he still allive?

Looks like Ford arent very happy with his pictures!
The Government doesn’t want anyone inciting an interested in a new Falcon release.
He’s currently in international waters being handed over to Ford Officials.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #5288
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post

507 Electric Vehicles hold the world record for the most vehicles of the same type gathered in one spot in Germany this year.

So that would be the target for a Falcon gathering from what I can see at the moment.
Wouldn't be hard to smash that. I would think that it wouldn't be hard to get thousands of Falcons in one place, if there was a place big enough. I would have thought that those Anniversary celebrations in the USA for the mustang would be the major competition.
turbo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #5289
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post

Enough Falcons at the same time to block the hume highway in both directions at Ford HQ Campbellfield, and the Princes Hwy in both directions outside the Geelong Engine Plant. For a glorious 30 mins or however long it takes for the procession to pass, there will be no holdens, toyotas, hyundais, mitsubishis or other ugly artifact on those roads.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #5290
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
Wouldn't be hard to smash that. I would think that it wouldn't be hard to get thousands of Falcons in one place, if there was a place big enough. I would have thought that those Anniversary celebrations in the USA for the mustang would be the major competition.
Ford have easily had 2500 Falcons at the plant at one given time, up to 5000 in some instances, e.g when they couldn't release territory's back in 2011 due to a fault with the ICC.

Back in the old days you could buy Falcons off the grass, that is cars were built ready for sale to be wholesaled to dealers when required. Now they just build to dealer order, and for their own lease / staff requirements.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #5291
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford have easily had 2500 Falcons at the plant at one given time, up to 5000 in some instances, e.g when they couldn't release territory's back in 2011 due to a fault with the ICC.

Back in the old days you could buy Falcons off the grass, that is cars were built ready for sale to be wholesaled to dealers when required. Now they just build to dealer order, and for their own lease / staff requirements.
I wonder what Ford would think about 5000 people parking on their front lawn...
Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #5292
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
Care to share some of the oddities that you've seen over the years?? Would be one of life's wishes to visit Ford PD and see what awesome creations they could have or did come up with over the years, its probably a high security complex ?
Electric fences, cameras etc. Nice Laguna Seca Boss 302 Mustang in there atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Have you been there lately? I think they have cleaned a fair amount of stuff out of there.

These falcons should be sold cheap as wov's
Yes. There are always things going in and out. But a lot of stuff that just sits around.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #5293
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
I wonder what Ford would think about 5000 people parking on their front lawn...
"Hey boss, remember that recall we kept quiet about? well..........."
Old 09-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #5294
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
I made it clear to everyone that I have nothing to do with Ford, that's why I posted the messages from them.

I deleted your post of the link to the forum's because everyone will know it's the forum that has all the pictures and Ford will try and do something about it.

Ford have contacted me directly about this.

Some people don't listen...
Don't listen? Ffs.. Ford know about this forum, and spyman... They know him. All you did was implicate yourself especially when you took off his copyright labels. It's my belief that Legally they can't do anything to anyone with copyrights on those photos. When you deleted the copyright you basically gave Ford ownership of those pictures, after all it is their design.

We know they have contacted you directly, they are watching you daily. It probably wasn't real smart when you said they were pathetic in one of your posts today. One minute your a corporate Ford backer the next your an absolute smart ****, they will be trying their hardest to get your page closed down trust me. You are actually infringing their copyrights by using the name and pictures from the one Ford reveal.

You have no respect for Ford or Martin for posting pictures of his private messages to you. You have no respect for people on this forum who have actually fed your info bank. To you this is all about self glorification, your like a 14 year old trying to get the most amount of friends on Facebook.

So yes some of us are angry with what you are doing.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 09-07-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #5295
mattrobbo26

He sounds like a kid with nothing better to do on the school holidays.
mattrobbo26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #5296
Callum31

Quote:
Don't listen? Ffs.. Ford know about this forum, and spyman... They know him. All you did was implicate yourself especially when you took off his copyright labels. Legally they can't do anything to anyone with copyrights on those photos. When you deleted the copyright you basically gave Ford ownership of those pictures, after all it is their design.

We know they have contacted you directly, they are watching you daily. It probably wasn't real smart when you said they were pathetic in one of your posts today. One minute your a corporate Ford backer the next your an absolute smart ****, they will be trying their hardest to get your page closed down trust me. You are actually infringing their copyrights by using the name and pictures from the one Ford reveal.

You have no respect for Ford or Martin for posting pictures of his private messages to you. You have no respect for people on this forum who have actually fed your info bank. To you this is all about self glorification, your like a 14 year old trying to get the most amount of friends on Facebook.

Hey, I apologised afterwards. Leave it at there, drop it move on. I apologised so let's just move on please.
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 11:01 PM   #5297
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Electric fences, cameras etc. Nice Laguna Seca Boss 302 Mustang in there atm.

Yes. There are always things going in and out. But a lot of stuff that just sits around.
Didn't they dump a lot of old stuff at the proving ground too once upon a time? Maybe there's a few phase 3's buried somewhere ;)
Old 09-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #5298
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
My prediction:

-Sales spike on release, followed by a drop off to about 700-800 units a month.
-Nearing the end of 2016, might see a slight increase in sales as people rush to purchase the last of the breed
-I'd say dealer specials will be plentiful, no doubt they will want to cash in on 50 years of Falcons.
-There will be the usual negative comments and crap associated with the Falcon, magazines and people will whinge about the lack of self park, no black headlining or how the interior is bland, blah,blah.
-The people who bought one will be the ones with a smile on their face, and a tear and their eye.
Production will limit what Ford build and sell. I reckon this car will do about 600 at its best....
Old 09-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #5299
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Don't listen? Ffs.. Ford know about this forum, and spyman... They know him. All you did was implicate yourself especially when you took off his copyright labels. It's my belief that Legally they can't do anything to anyone with copyrights on those photos. When you deleted the copyright you basically gave Ford ownership of those pictures, after all it is their design.

This is why I don't have Facebook, full of attention seekers who want the most friends/likes etc.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #5300
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Didn't they dump a lot of old stuff at the proving ground too once upon a time? Maybe there's a few phase 3's buried somewhere ;)
Don't know, I haven't been there since I was a kid, and my dad took me to the Ford Christmas party. I was probably about 8 or so years old, around the time of the EA release.

They did eventually find the EA GT 351 out there, which was stashed away and saved from the crusher. Legends who did that.
4 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #5301
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Almost need a separate thread for a "where are they now"

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #5302
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd pay $500 to do a factory tour including a trip to the grave yard!
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #5303
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When you deleted the copyright you basically gave Ford ownership of those pictures, after all it is their design.
That's not actually correct. Prima facie copyright rests with the photographer until it has been assigned in writing.

But this isn't a thread about copyright law, so I'll leave it there. I agree with the rest of your post.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #5304
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember doing a factory tour on the little train in Geelong, did work experience there too back when BA was about to be released, July 2002 from memory. Also went on a tour of Broady. Would be awesome if they did tours before they closed, I'd be in it.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 11:34 PM   #5305
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
$500? They should be free with every Falcon purchase
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #5306
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

I cannot believe the rubbish and the il informed naive comments posted in this thread. AFF should just close it. So many dumb people out there who don't even realise they are hurting the brand for their 5 minutes of fame.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #5307
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
My prediction:

-Sales spike on release, followed by a drop off to about 700-800 units a month.
-Nearing the end of 2016, might see a slight increase in sales as people rush to purchase the last of the breed
-I'd say dealer specials will be plentiful, no doubt they will want to cash in on 50 years of Falcons.
-There will be the usual negative comments and crap associated with the Falcon, magazines and people will whinge about the lack of self park, no black headlining or how the interior is bland, blah,blah.
-The people who bought one will be the ones with a smile on their face, and a tear and their eye.
Yea and the first to bag the car will be Wheels, or should that be Holden Wheels.!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #5308
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post
Yea and the first to bag the car will be Wheels, or should that be Holden Wheels.!
Na, can't call it that, it'll get recalled.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 AM   #5309
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_4.0 View Post
I cannot believe the rubbish and the il informed naive comments posted in this thread. AFF should just close it. So many dumb people out there who don't even realise they are hurting the brand for their 5 minutes of fame.
You could always just not open it...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 12:54 AM   #5310
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

Quote:
There is no "grave yard" at PD or PG.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post