Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #31
TKFRD-6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a driver he was lol
Old 24-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #32
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Some of the 'advice,' in this thread is worse then useless. Unbelievable.

If I were more qualified to give advice for this sort of situation I would, however its something I'm yet to (and hopefully will never) encounter, so I'm not completley sure on how to help.
There is no help to be offered steffo,his "mate" will either fix it or he wont..
If he wont then TEarron is gonna have to start saving his pennies and fix it himself,whether he has any legal way to get something out of it is a gamble at best..
Old 24-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #33
Ozzyosko
Another stroked coupe

If I were you I'd go out and buy all the panels, bumpers and whatever I needed myself and get it fixed myself. At the end, go see your pal and sought out the the money issues.

I don't think leaving the car with him is a good idea. It'll probably just sit there untouched.
Old 24-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #34
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going today to sort things out.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
Old 24-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #35
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron
Went out last night clubbing 4 of us, one of my mates volenterd to be the designated driver so I told him you smash my car you pay for it. he agreed, as were going home it's a bit wet.

we came to an intersection and some one said get it sideways, so he attempted to be a race car driver, went sideways and straight into a wall.

front bumper
bonnet
rh gaurd
head light

and not sure what else are ****ed as you'd expect i absolutly cracked the sh**s, he isn't a good mate but he apologized and said he will get it fixed but I don't know if I should get the police involved for a statement or what?

The car is not here, I havn't touched it since it hit the wall I said it's your problem you take it home and you fix it.

It's the merc by the way.
It's going to cost the pair of you much to repair the panels although the pain will be around $160 a panel , thats right the pair of you as I doubt you can drive it legally and in letting another p drive it you accept a lot of the blame for the results... next time use the other car.
Old 24-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #36
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is what my local cops and i suspect all others will do if you report him.
my local cops= : .
other cops= : :
Old 24-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #37
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

To be honest mate, i have to agree that you brought this on yourself.
It's good that you had a nominated driver if you intended getting drunk, but what use is a designated driver if he is going to drive/act like one of the intoxicated.
Furthermore, why would you allow your somewhat expensive car to be used as the taxi?
Perhaps YOU should have opted not to drink and then YOU would have been behind the wheel of YOUR car.

Take a real taxi next time, it works out cheaper in these situations.
Old 24-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #38
EDXRSIX
Ex Arrrrrrrr

thats gonna cost a good couple of grand to fix...

i hope you learnt something from this...coz i learnt the same thing with my old merc....they dont slide very well. soft suspension + 2 tonne car = very little control.

but i didnt bit anything haha

but i suggest buy an old shitter XE or something to drive around while you fix the merc coz theyre nice cars and i know you wouldnt want to see it unrepaired.

Cat Back exhaust,Big stereo, K&N Air filter...more to come.
Old 24-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #39
Kryton

ok, enough of the "Whos to blame" crap.
im sure everyone involved has learnt their lesson.
now, how about we focus on getting the damage fixed instead of bitching about who caused the accident.
need i remind you all that the DRIVER is responsible for EVERYONE in the car.
Old 24-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #40
Kryton

dont know if these are any help?
its about the cheapest whole car i can find.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MERCEDES-BENZ...QQcmdZViewItem
do the 280se have the same front end?
Old 24-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #41
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

thats a shame mate good luck with the repairs

split the bill between all 4 of you, seems as all 4 of you played some part in the way it ended up

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
Old 24-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #42
blueprint babe

We have a rule between all of our mates, u broke it, u fix it.
There are only a handful of people that i let drive my beast and the boyfriend is the same but the rule still apllies to all of us.
My boyfriend gets my car sideways from time to time, but he knows that if there is even a scratch on it, he's paying.
I treat my friends cars like they are the most precious cars even if they are hunks of junk if they trust me to drive them, and i hope they pay me the same respect ( so far so good).
I'm sorry mate, I hope it all works out for u and he pays to get it fixed but he obviously had little to no respect for u or your beast since he thought it was a good idea to get it sideways.
Old 24-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #43
Scott

You bend it you mend it, you break it you buy it. Simple rules when you're giving someone a loan of your car but when you're relying on someone to take your drunk backside home you should be splitting this if he is a reasonable bloke. You were in the car, why didn't you tell him not to be silly?
Old 24-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #44
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint babe
We have a rule between all of our mates, u broke it, u fix it.
There are only a handful of people that i let drive my beast and the boyfriend is the same but the rule still apllies to all of us.
My boyfriend gets my car sideways from time to time, but he knows that if there is even a scratch on it, he's paying.
I treat my friends cars like they are the most precious cars even if they are hunks of junk if they trust me to drive them, and i hope they pay me the same respect ( so far so good).
I'm sorry mate, I hope it all works out for u and he pays to get it fixed but he obviously had little to no respect for u or your beast since he thought it was a good idea to get it sideways.

That's genraly how it is with my mates, we brake it we fix it. I crashed my mates motie once I paid for all the damage I didn't expect it to be any different here.

I just got back from working things out, we assesed the damage a little better and there's some structual damage. we came to an agreeement that i'm going to start wrecking the car and make as much money off the parts as I can, then he will fix up the balance of wht I paid for the car. then I'll start saving for my jaguar.

Yes I learnt a lesson here and yes I was farking pi$$ed off before. goes to show what happends when in-expieranced drivers exceed their limitations.

So looks like the cortina is going to be a daily for a while, hello big petrol bills and complaining neighbors when I start the thing at 6:30am each morning.

Old 24-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #45
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Considering this was a 50km impact onto a solid concrete wall the thing held up alright.

Old 24-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #46
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Ouch!! Now that's a friendship breaker!! That looks at least a few grands damage...that's if the suspension is ok otherwise...big bucks!!
Old 24-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #47
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

I think you may have to rely on this mate honouring his word. If you go the legal road, you could spend the amount of money it would take to fix it just trying to get him to pay up and in the end be no better off, and still have to fix it yourself. Maybe fix it yourself and seek options once you are mobile again?

His recollection of events I would imagine would have more weight in court/legal proceedings being that he was the only one sober at the time. Your recollections and those of the other passengers could be dismissed due to you all being plastered. Not sure how you would go.

either way I hope you get it fixed and are on the road soon.
Old 24-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #48
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Considering this was a 50km impact onto a solid concrete wall the thing held up alright.
LOL...
Old 24-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #49
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Its the drivers fault, if he was designated driver then he should have just done that, drive. I think he is solely responsible for the accident. How many people at lights (especially with two typhoons) do i have saying do a burnout, not including people in my car, you have to behave and drive sensibly, especially when it isnt your car, and when mates are also in the car..
What would be the tricky thing is that did he know that it wasnt insured for him? If I was told to drive someonw elses car, the first thing I would do is to make sure it WAS as I cant afford to pay for a full fix of a mates car, plus say if I hit a porsche.. If he did, he should pay it all and I would get police involced anyway just in case he doesnt as you want it fixed properly, plus all of the headaches of not having a car.
Old 24-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #50
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
you were in the car with your mates urging the driver to do silly things and you want him to pay for it,.
why dont you all do the right thing and all put in to fix car.thats what a group of mates would do usually in my days.
you sook
Thank god someone on here has a brain...mate im with you on this.
Aaron you were in the car and had a chance to stop it from happening in the first place and now that it has happened you are going to put it all on the 1 mate?
Own up to it and share the cost of getting it fixed.

Last edited by Justin@; 24-02-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 24-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #51
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Why didn't you tell him not to do silly car tricks despite your other so called mates?

Surely your wish would have been respected. Perhaps you should have opened your mouth.
as per your last (now deleted) post, let's keep this friendly, the guy has just had his car crashed. Bit of respect.
Old 24-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #52
Cooper69S

I don't get why so many of you are giving Aaron half the blame for the accident...
here's a scenario - If Aaron was on here telling us that he was the designated driver for his mates, and that he crashed his mates car into a wall because a drunk passenger told him to, and now he had to cough up the cost of repairs - how many of you would be telling him its half the owner's fault and they should be footing the bill??? none i'm sure - it'd be all his own fault.
In the case here the driver is driving - if he crashes doing something stupid its entirely his fault, regardless of whether Aaron was right in trusting him to drive...
Old 24-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #53
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

I just got back from working things out, we assesed the damage a little better and there's some structual damage. we came to an agreeement that i'm going to start wrecking the car and make as much money off the parts as I can, then he will fix up the balance of wht I paid for the car. then I'll start saving for my jaguar.

Car Smashed, Questions Asked and now answered, enough!
Closed Thread