Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #31
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a crack up.
i totally agree, you do the crime, etc, etc.
on the way back from the nats, got 300 meters from where i was meeting family for a lunch (reunion) and at some lights.
some numbnut in a souped up vt (?? they all look the same) commodore was at the lights, it was a serious car mind you, but had all this ricer crap on it.... anyway, at the lights he's reving the crap out of it and looking over, I smiled and revved it a fair bit aswell, lights go green, he lets it rip, I roll away slowly......

all i could see in front was the smoke from his tyres.......... and then the red and blue flashing lights... whahahhahhahahaa

I'd seen the cop sitting 100meters up in front..... the holdon driver must have been too busy barring up over my car!!!

love it.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #32
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Sure i love the acceloration, the noise, tyre smoke ect ect. I know it is ALOT harder for you guys but im in a small town and there is alot of open space where we can go and do almost what ever out on a road 10 K away from everything and probably 50k away from the nearest copper, but when i am in town, and in and around a larger populated town, i just drive with the traffic...if you get caught being a bit of dick, which i have been done!! usally settles me and i settle down! But when you are being caught for REPEAT offending...well....there has to be something wrong with the way you are driveing, yes there are alot of dodgy coppers out there but i say if you are getting picked on by them, you wouldve had to attract yourself to there attension somewhere. I say if you behave yourself in populated areas you ussaly dont attract attension to the cops, some of them pick on you for the car you drive, but if your not being a dick in it in populated areas and your car is not unroadworthy the only picking that they can do to you is to regulary check your car for defects, but then again if your car is roadworthy...there is no problem...my 2 cents.
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #33
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

i wont be able to keep a straight face when they accuse me of 'hooning'.
something my mum would say...

Dan, your car cant do burnouts so you dont have to worry
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #34
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
So what happends if they see the P plates and pick on her? do they still get MY car ?
If the law is similar to NSW you as the owner can apply to the police commissioner (and then the court if rejected) for the return of your vehicle. BUT you have to state that you did not give her permission to perform the illegal acts in your car.....
keep in mind, this won't work if you are sitting in the passenger seat at the time of the offence...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #35
Kryton

actually i was under the impression that this new law wasnt just for P-Platers either.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #36
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This law has been in place in QLD for ages now and it seems most of the "hoons" are caught at the Gold Coast or Bunderburg. Its quite simple really don't hoon in public places,don't lose your car.

The choice is that of the individual.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #37
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
I agree with this might teach those silly few a lesson. There are places to do that it's called Calder. This wouldn't happen if kids had some where to go in the S.E suburbs.
I think it time that all state goverment started putting in a few more tracks or areas set aside so "hoons" can go & enjoy their motorsports, so it won't be done on the street. They put in fields & ovals for all the others sports for people to enjoy their sport so why no motorsport. We spend money to & pay our taxs too. They want to stop hooning but the only way they try to stop it is buy finning people & removing their cars.

Maybe it time for the goverment to take a closer look at the way they behave & start finning them self for the dumb thing they do which cost all of us money.

If you find that one police officer is not playing nice then put in a writen complaint. We had one one living in our town where the Highway Patrol car sent more time in his driveway than on the road, yet he pull over everyone young or old, gave all of us a hard time. So we all wrote in & shortly later he was moving out & sent to some little town in the middle of nowere.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #38
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
I think it time that all state goverment started putting in a few more tracks or areas set aside so "hoons" can go & enjoy their motorsports, so it won't be done on the street. They put in fields & ovals for all the others sports for people to enjoy their sport so why no motorsport. We spend money to & pay our taxs too. They want to stop hooning but the only way they try to stop it is buy finning people & removing their cars.

Maybe it time for the goverment to take a closer look at the way they behave & start finning them self for the dumb thing they do which cost all of us money.

If you find that one police officer is not playing nice then put in a writen complaint. We had one one living in our town where the Highway Patrol car sent more time in his driveway than on the road, yet he pull over everyone young or old, gave all of us a hard time. So we all wrote in & shortly later he was moving out & sent to some little town in the middle of nowere.
Its not a bad idea, but this is the downside of it:
Places like that have to be staffed, open when they are wanted which is pretty much each night, be able to comply with noise restrictions (so it can not be too close to town) Lakeside was closed down due to local council.
Its too hard to do and for many it would not help as they are too tight to pay a modest fee for the use of it for maitence and staffing.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #39
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

The fact that a "hooning" isnt clearly defined will mean that the law will be abused and automotive enthusiasts will be the ones to suffer.

These days if you enjoy having a fast car, you better save up a few grand as insurance to fight for YOUR car. Thats ont top of the already rising car insuarce, rego and petrol... gotta love the government
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #40
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

O.K. so i think you would have read in Street Machine about the "compound" there must be a law about that ?
at work years ago we used to sit back and have a BBQ and just 4 fun the boss would do a skid just for the smell in the shed
Now that is ok but when ppl get there car off us and its just been dynod they think its the ducks nuts and want to skid of from the corner... Now its ppl like that that make it hard for ppl like us that want a nice car and want to cruise it but not want to get into trouble for no reason
Old 08-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #41
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Its not a bad idea, but this is the downside of it:
Places like that have to be staffed, open when they are wanted which is pretty much each night, be able to comply with noise restrictions (so it can not be too close to town) Lakeside was closed down due to local council.
Its too hard to do and for many it would not help as they are too tight to pay a modest fee for the use of it for maitence and staffing.
Don't forget P.L. insurance!

I'd imagine that if calder (or which ever track offers off street drags in your state) was open more than one night a week (maybe 2) then it'd fix some probs. Obviously this isn't economically viable for them, otherwise they'd do it! pitty.

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #42
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

WSDS is open for public drags on a Wednesday night for $40. This is a good price but on a Wednesday night? How about some Friday or Saturday nights not all of us can make it on working week night. These night are when the "hoons" are out in froces.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #43
TCK-098

You guys get off lightly up here in NSW first time youre car gets impounded for three months+towing fee+storage+fine and three points and 1500+ gone

Why do i know this ive been done for the "burnout" up here

Last edited by TCK-098; 08-04-2005 at 11:33 PM.
TCK-098 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #44
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundybear
You guys get off lightly up here in NSW first time youre car gets impounded for three months+towing fee+storage+fine and three points and 1500+ gone

Why do i know this ive been done for the "burnout" up here
Gezzus
I imagine this would **** the parents off with kids that "Borrowed" thier cars
Old 09-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #45
james

what is this telling the govt. they need a sensible and practicle place where everyone can go and not have an issue with doing a burnout or a drag race.

but its much easier for them to fine and take cars away. Im sure over the next few years Bracks will setup some Concentration Camps. for people who do anything other than walk like a robot.

these arseholes need to.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #46
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem that arises with these extra powers, is they aren't always defined clearly enough - combine this with a cop who has it in for a person or group of people whether they have or haven't done anything wrong leads to people getting fined heavily because Mr Plod wants to compensate for his lack of appendage and show everyone they should "respect his authoritay!" If you lodge a complaint, most likely the cop will BS his way out of it and he'll be on your case twice as hard.

I personally have never been randomly singled out ever for a "routine" inspection. There's been one policeman issued on the spot speeding fine and only random breath-test stations. But I think that these new laws will result in people who aren't doing the bad things this law is designed to discourage get punished.

Just wait until the next street machining event, when the cops are set up for "random" inspections on the one road out of the event. People are going to be hung out to dry for nothing more than owning a car that looks potent.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.

Last edited by pauljh74; 09-04-2005 at 05:17 PM.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #47
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=LSD]I'm so sick of hearing this garbage I could scream. It's not revenue raising when you have at least some choice in the matter. Don't want speeding fines? DON'T ****ING SPEED. Don't want your car confiscated? DON'T ACT LIKE A COCKMUNCHER ON PUBLIC ROADS. It's as simple as that.

And booking people for doing 5kms over the speed limit going down a ****ing hill isn't revenue raising!!! bullshit! if your speeding you deserve to get court, I don't have my lic at the moment cause of that and that my fault. But fining people for doing 3-8kms over the speed limit is just crap.

Neil

03 XR6T lighting strike auto prem sound 19's
383.9rwkw

96 EF series 2 XR8 sedan manual

Last edited by neil101; 09-04-2005 at 06:30 PM.
neil101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #48
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

And booking people for doing 5kms over the speed limit going down a ****ing hill isn't revenue raising!!! bullshit! if your speeding you deserve to get court, I don't have my lic at the moment cause of that and that my fault. But fining people for doing 3-8kms over the speed limit is just crap.

Neil[/QUOTE]

Totaly agree m8 :
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #49
LSD

*shrugs*

learn to watch the speedo then
Old 09-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #50
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

im all for getting the idiots off the road, but the police wont stop there ofcourse they will pester and harass the innocent who are trying to do the right thing....

it could bring more bad than good to the table..

LSD - the more you watch the speedo the less you watch the road ahead....
Old 09-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #51
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

Up here in Queensland its already been a law for a while but it has limited use.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 08:13 PM   #52
kiwikid

some moron will proberly get caught have his car taken away, have the money to get a good lawer and sue them them for: depriving means of work, loss of income, pain and suffering and so on....

thats if he/she needs car for work...
Old 09-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #53
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
some moron will proberly get caught have his car taken away, have the money to get a good lawer and sue them them for: depriving means of work, loss of income, pain and suffering and so on....

thats if he/she needs car for work...
As long as none of us are that moron none of us have a thing in the world to worry about then.
As for sueing them, that is complete rubbish. pain and suffering for loss of a car? even insurance companies do not pay for inconvience.
The amount of calls I hear about that say " I had an accident with one of your members, he was at fault, "I want a rental car". Unless thier own insurance offers that benift to them they aint gunna get it, of course they are welcome to hire thier own rental car and put the claim in and we will deny it.
Inconvience is not the governments problem either.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #54
kiwikid

sorry it was written tounge in cheek, somtimes i have trouble expressing that....

and im sure everybody on this forum will do the right thing and not become an idiot like some road users...
Old 09-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #55
Beefchief
EF'ing Quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD
*shrugs*

learn to watch the speedo then
Instead of the road? Some people would rather risk becoming the latest victim of the state government's revenue raising agenda than increasing the risk of causing an accident due to inattentiveness.
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 08:38 PM   #56
kiwikid

id rather lose my license than my life..... like most people.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #57
LSD

It's not hard to balance the two you know...

If you can't balance several tasks at once then perhaps you should surrender your licences now before yourself or someone else gets seriously hurt.

Last edited by LSD; 09-04-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:43 PM   #58
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefchief
Instead of the road? Some people would rather risk becoming the latest victim of the state government's revenue raising agenda than increasing the risk of causing an accident due to inattentiveness.

When you change lanes do you look over your shoulder as you are required to?

When you check your fuel gauge or speedo does that seem inattentive.

Its called driving. Its all part and parcel of it. to suggest that for a moment checking your speedo as YOU ARE REQUIRED to do is inattentive is just not on.

As Alf Stewart would say "Stone the flamin Crows"
Old 09-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #59
kiwikid

how easy is it for a car to kreep up a futher 3k's? pretty goddam easy....

most cars speedo needles and the width of 3k's are they not?

one of my cars goes 5k's faster than the speedo tells me its going...

my ZC fairlane speedo reads in miles and its pretty bloddy hard to tell the exact speed im doing...

so to make sure im not going 3k's over the limit i have to watch the speedo more than the road, sounds unsafe to me....

multi tasking isnt the problem at hand here fellas....
Old 09-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #60
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
how easy is it for a car to kreep up a futher 3k's? pretty goddam easy....

most cars speedo needles and the width of 3k's are they not?

one of my cars goes 5k's faster than the speedo tells me its going...

my ZC fairlane speedo reads in miles and its pretty bloddy hard to tell the exact speed im doing...

so to make sure im not going 3k's over the limit i have to watch the speedo more than the road, sounds unsafe to me....

multi tasking isnt the problem at hand here fellas....
Quick and simple answer for you.
You obviously know that one car goes 5 klm faster than you are aware
You obviously know your zc is in miles.
Buy a $2.00 black permenant ink marker and place a dot were 60 klm per hour is.
Problem solved