Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #31
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

We used the air rifle on the pigeons that were living in the roof at the bus depot.
Dad didn't really like spraying the roof of a bus, leaving it overnight to go off, and then coming in the next day to do the next coat, only to find a pigeon had been walking around on it, or had shat on it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #32
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
You Bas-tard, Why did you have to bring him up. It's taken me 17 years to get over him. Now I have a hankering for some off those marshmellow that Micky use to eat, What were they called again
Buggered if I remember, just glad someone else remembers this 80's icon!

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #33
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camc88
So,its Winchester Disease For The Little Flockers Eh?
A bit of a Stihl haircut for the palm trees will probably keep most of the bastards away... Any leftovers I'll medicate with a lead injection.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
You appear quite proud of yourself :
So he should be, the myna birds are a pest. They're apparently in the top 100 Worst invasive species (I'm guessing Humans top the list) and should be culled whenever possible.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #35
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
You appear quite proud of yourself :
They didnt have a choice. The Police Negotiators were late, and the birds had hostages.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #36
jcxr
Tribal Elder

We had nesting birds in our old house, so a night out on the turps, get home early a.m to the noisey mongrols.Easy cure.Chuck the cat up through the manhole and leave it in the roof for a couple of days. Problem cured.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #37
Matty_XR6
New XR owner

the funniest thing is Bats don`t have an *** so the crap comes up thru there gob and your right it will chew your paint away real quick, my grandparents live in enoggera and have the same problem in the tree out the front... wash it off straight away c an`t really get rid of em unless you can cover the tree over
Old 14-11-2005, 11:01 AM   #38
gozza

just drill a few holes in the tree roots and poison them...hopefully a few bats may suck up some death juice....the tree will die and you won't need to do jack all
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 11:09 AM   #39
Matty_XR6
New XR owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
just drill a few holes in the tree roots and poison them...hopefully a few bats may suck up some death juice....the tree will die and you won't need to do jack all

If you wanna do that ddrive huge copper nails into the trunk that will kill the tree
Old 14-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #40
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Well the trees were cut down on the weekend, so hopefully there won't be any bat poo around.

So we have to find the money to repair the section of the car instead. Interesting though, is that yesterday we found that some idiot has hit the front passenger side of our car...its pushed the light in a bit, made a small dent and put white all over the bumper.

No note, nothing.
Old 14-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #41
Matty_XR6
New XR owner

That annoys me to, my missus went the shops and some **** had backed out and swiped front side of bar and fog light taking paint off and just drove away.
Old 14-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #42
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
Well the trees were cut down on the weekend, so hopefully there won't be any bat poo around.

So we have to find the money to repair the section of the car instead. Interesting though, is that yesterday we found that some idiot has hit the front passenger side of our car...its pushed the light in a bit, made a small dent and put white all over the bumper.

No note, nothing.
Well there's your opportunity. Get your insurance to fix the damage on the passenger side of your car and while the crash repairer is painting already, ask them to do your roof as well. It should work out a little cheaper hopefully.
Old 14-11-2005, 04:15 PM   #43
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i believe that is called crisatunity according to homer
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #44
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Buggered if I remember, just glad someone else remembers this 80's icon!
The marshmallows he ate were called Atomic Thunderbusters.

a rather crapola show
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 09:46 AM   #45
CarBroker
Banned

Just for future reference, this stuff handles brake fluid and should (??) probably give some measure of protection against fruit bat droppings. It handles bird sh*t very well.

And Teflon/PTFE just doesn't add any protection whatsoever. According to DuPont, that is.
CarBroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #46
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

Quote:
Well there's your opportunity. Get your insurance to fix the damage on the passenger side of your car and while the crash repairer is painting already, ask them to do your roof as well. It should work out a little cheaper hopefully.
Sadly, this is not an option as the insurance company will regard them as two seperate incidents and will require the payment of the excess twice. :(

Unless I can convince them that the Bat was driving a car, hit my front bumber which pushed my headlight in and then got of of the car and pooped on my roof.
Old 15-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #47
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue fairy
Sadly, this is not an option as the insurance company will regard them as two seperate incidents and will require the payment of the excess twice. :(

Unless I can convince them that the Bat was driving a car, hit my front bumber which pushed my headlight in and then got of of the car and pooped on my roof.
lol..funny although that was not what I mean't sorry. Still only claim for the one incident (side damage), but use the opportunity of it being painted in the crash repair shop already to get the roof done as well for a lesser price than if they had to especially prepare the car and mix up the paint just for the roof. Does that make sense?