Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #31
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hppsc
It's bad luck, not a bad place.
Nope, Its bad luck, and a bad place.

Yes Brenx. Absolute ahole and a pain to get fixed. Better sometimes to leave the car unlocked and a sign saying so.

The alarm sticker on car should say: 'No drugs left on premises'. in certain places around town.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #32
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Its funny, i left for work at 6, left my car at the station at 6.30am, got home at 7.30pm only to find my keys are still in the ignition of my XF falcon. Lucky me.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #33
BlueXr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
I've lived in Frankston my whole life and worked there the five out of the last six years. It can be bad, but saying its all bad wouldn't be true.

Its just a humble little fishing village that's expanded beyond its means!
which is the nice way of saying bad place i think it is a **** hole
EF Series2 XR8 Manual - Pacemakers- 2.5inch Exhaust System With Dump Tip- Steeda Short Throw Shifter-Yella Terra Light Weight Non Explodeable Flywheel-Creamic Cushion Button Clutch- Dropped 50mm From The Ground-
BlueXr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #34
Ringo
I see you....

To continue with the suburb bashing....

Henry 351 - you have a point. 4 pubs on one intersection, One girle bar, One 'underage bar' and two meat markets. Once the drinkers have reached legal age though don't they all go to the Baxter tavern

My wife family live in Langwarrin and my tool of B-I-L reckons he's "...a bit of a playa bro" down in Frankston at night. He all of 5'10 skinny white boy with a big mouth and a big attitude who reckon he friends with the Police and in a gang.....

He's so amusing.....
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #35
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
My wife family live in Langwarrin and my tool of B-I-L reckons he's "...a bit of a playa bro" down in Frankston at night. He all of 5'10 skinny white boy with a big mouth and a big attitude who reckon he friends with the Police and in a gang.....

He's so amusing.....
Sounds like Ryder from San Andreas. Except Ryder wasn't white.
"I showed them who's Gansta...Ryder Nigga!"
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #36
XRchic
Hello

In my opinion, the worst suburbs in Adelaide are (no particular order), North: Gawler, Elizabeth, Salisbury, Davoren Park, Smithfield etc... West: Port Adelaide, Pennington, Ottoway, Largs, Peterhead and those areas... South: Christies Beach, Noarlunga, Hackham, Huntfield Heights (used to be Hackham West), parts of Morphett Vale and parts of Aberfoyle Park.

There are probably people on here who live in those suburbs who would question me, but I have either lived in them or have worked in them - I used to do a lot of house calls or calls to businesses in those areas and have seen it first hand. I also have a lot of friends who live in those areas, and a lot of relatives!

My point is that although those areas are notorious for crime, welfare fraud, violence, drugs and have the highest proportions of housing trust housing.... the worst car breakin/theft areas are the really nice suburbs in the east such as Burnside and Hazelwood Park and Kensington.... and the worst usually being North Adelaide, a very nice city suburb on the outskirts of the CBD!

Often the nicer the postcode, the more targets there are for car thieves!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #37
Falcon_Power_06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
I've lived in Frankston my whole life and worked there the five out of the last six years. It can be bad, but saying its all bad wouldn't be true.

Its just a humble little fishing village that's expanded beyond its means!

to be a fishing village there has to be fish there well there never is for me when i go out there anyways.
Falcon_Power_06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #38
BTTB
Free XD

Please note:

When I was living in Camberwell / Canterbury 3 yrs ago the cost of fully comprehensive
insurance was $200 MORE per year than what it is here in Frankston currently(RACV)

when I asked the reason for this the reply was... more vehicles are stolen in
Camberwell ( and no doubt they are on average a more expensive vehicle )
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #39
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
In my opinion, the worst suburbs in Adelaide are (no particular order), North: Gawler, Elizabeth, Salisbury, Davoren Park, Smithfield etc... West: Port Adelaide, Pennington, Ottoway, Largs, Peterhead and those areas... South: Christies Beach, Noarlunga, Hackham, Huntfield Heights (used to be Hackham West), parts of Morphett Vale and parts of Aberfoyle Park
Where's

Medindi, Springfield, Walkerville, Stonyfell, Beaumont, Hyde Park

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post