Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2006, 01:27 AM   #31
Boss 290

too much led bullets could kill you too....or just one can kill you just as easy. how much vegemite would you have to eat to die?

Last edited by Boss 290; 23-10-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:30 AM   #32
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
how much vegemite would you have to eat to die?
i reckon i'd feel like dying if i ate a whole jar in one sitting! :
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #33
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyQLD
Get over it, Its like every country there are some good peope and some bad people.
Just ashame that the bad yanks are running the place

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:27 AM   #34
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The salt in Vegemite would kill you long before the folate would.

I imagine if you ate a whole jar (big one), it would be similar to drinking salt water. You would dehydrate and eventually die.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #35
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Go figure, ban Vegimite but it's ok to own a gun.
Dude I have 'a gun', these guys have fully automatic (machine gun) military issue assault rifles and machine pistols, LEGALLY, I think in some states you can even LEGALLY own a rocket launcher.

After all the crud they have put us through, few said much, but maybe if they had banned Vegemite sooner then we wouldn't have followed them like a lost puppy.

People have mentioned 'Free Trade', I think it was two years ago when Aussie Lamb was not being unloaded from ships in US ports, union ruling helped along by some meat lobby in the US, because they were worried about 'cheap imports'. Yet they can charge what they like to send there crusty left overs here, oh and we 'have to except them' because we signed the agreement and would be in breach if we didn't.

Go figure.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #36
xr8-200

.....so Americans have an intollerence to folate.......wait untill the terrosist hear about this........
xr8-200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #37
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
Well i heard that they couldn't figure out how to deep fry it, so they banned it because "if it can't be deepfried it ain't good for you"
GOLD!
Old 23-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #38
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

You can't blame America for banning Vegimite..Eveyone knows you can blow up a sandwich with Vegimite..It's dangerous stuff..
Old 23-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #39
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Vegimite is an Aussie Icon, Banning it is like Slapping Australia in the Face. Its an Absolute Insult....i like to have Bread with my Vegimite....i go through a 1kg jar once a month...the americans have gone too far...every one has to do what they want when they want and follow them to war...all i can say is id rather die b4 i bow down to George Bushes egotistic arrogant sefl richous ideals....

SCREW YOU GEORGE!!!!!!!

i hope that Lil Old Johnny does something about it....lets ban an American Icon......something americans cant live without when there over here.....

this really REALLY REALLY irritates me.....i hope johnny wakes up to himself and gets his head out of bushes *** and realises what a retard bush is....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #40
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death

In which case, I think we should ban Bush.
America is a backwards country.
Vegemite is more nutritious than half the **** they eat.
My, my. Arent we all experts in what's best for America? Once again we see the heroes of AFF fire into action with their amazingly balanced and justified views.

Newsflash, for immeidate release:

George Bush is NOT our president. I repeat. He is NOT our president. You want a say in who should be the president of the USA then bugger off over there, get your citizenship and register to vote. Calling for him to be 'banned' just makes you look stupid.

It's pretty simple.

Vegemite (our beloved American-owned Australian icon) contains a product which, under US law (adminsitered by the FDA i assume - a tough bunch of cookies) is not allowed to be added to a product like this. They would do exactly the same thing in Australia. It's got nothing to do with free trade - who the heck even brought that up?

Of course they banned it - they are required to do so by law.

"Oh, change the law" (yes, i saw that response coming).

Ok, we'll tie up a bunch of resources to launch a study into what other impacts there are in allowing folate to be included in non bread foods. Then we'll tie up someone's office having a bill drafted. Then we'll waste time in both houses by trying to get the congressmen and senators to agree on enough aspects to enact it.

All so we can sell pi**poor amounts of vegemite and keep the Australians happy.

Quote:
Vegimite is an Aussie Icon, Banning it is like Slapping Australia in the Face. Its an Absolute Insult
Give me a break. It's a condiment. You put it on bread.

It doesnt save lives. It's not a miracle source of energy. It's not important that it be sold in america.

Yes, we should abandon all trade with the US and side with kim jong il - all because the US has banned vegimite.

For god's sake THEY GAVE US FORD. Maybe we should take action against this despicable american owned company as well?

This thread is a joke. You guys really have nothing better to do than look for petty little reasons to criticise america? They're tearing the world apart as we speak - and you're attacking them on their policy regarding folate?
Old 23-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #41
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

LOL....I agree 4.9, but it is crazy, and just something else we can bag them about. Nutters.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #42
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I think we should ban Bush
Here here, i think a bush ban is good, i dont like any foliage of the ............. ohhh hang on your talkin about that slack jaw president :
Old 23-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #43
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
Too bad it isn't banned here too.
I'm with you on that one!
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #44
Boss 290

what does folate do?
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #45
niko
likes falcon's

biggest insult to Australia, they eat the highest content of junk on earth!
Old 23-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #46
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are you doing 4.9? Dont bring common sense in here, you'll ruin everything.

Really doesnt take much for the anti-America crowd to come up of the woodwork, you'll all happily buy their cars, their food, clothes, products; watch their Tv shows, Movies, listen to their songs etc But bring up where they all come from and everyone is whipped up into a frenzy like a nest of hornets.

You realise Vegemite is owned by an American company?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #47
bencat

Err, well, VM's been on sale in the US and Canada for yonks, many many years. So, they changed some rule somewhere to benefit someone, as they do with wheat, oil, cotton etc etc etc.. Nothing new there...

Now, you can still get it Canada so all is not lost, simply take it out of the jar, pop it in to an old grease tin and presto, who the ****** would know the difference ? certainly not the seppo's.

Of course pot is legal in BC Canada, infact most of the hooch in the US comes from what they refer to as North Mexico (British Columbia - Canada) so, following my current twisted reasoning, you can get tonns of mary jane in to the US how hard can it be to get the VM in, they both smell as pungent as one another so clearly the same people would know how to shift it accross the border..

Hmm, wonder if the same applies to Marmite, and even the sludgy Bovirll stuff.. I bet if someone with too much time on their hands spent some of the time researching what food products there are in the US they'd find a bunch of other stuff that has the same stuff in it, but dig further and you'll prolly find that Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney own those brands...
bencat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #48
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

4.9 EF FUTURA. The Lisa Simpson of the forum.All take heed..
Old 23-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #49
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once again.. USA has gone to far.. not the vegemite.. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
What the? Vegemite is THE ultimate spread. Mmmmm, nice fresh bread lots of butter and vegemite a centimeter thick.
I am with you, love the taste, but a cm of vegemite would make me ill. I love it but ugh! lol.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #50
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tom Hanks won't be happy. He's a big fan of Vegemite!

"Hollywood star busted consuming illegal substance!"
Old 23-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #51
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha thats funny....not like vegemite is nice anyways i hate the stuff its like ar5e on bread

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #52
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow! 40 posts before someone made an infomed comment.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #53
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
George Bush is NOT our president. I repeat. He is NOT our president.
Sure he is.

Quote:
It's pretty simple.
Yes he is.

Quote:
"Oh, change the law" (yes, i saw that response coming).

Ok, we'll tie up a bunch of resources to launch a study into what other impacts there are in allowing folate to be included in non bread foods. Then we'll tie up someone's office having a bill drafted. Then we'll waste time in both houses by trying to get the congressmen and senators to agree on enough aspects to enact it.

All so we can sell pi**poor amounts of vegemite and keep the Australians happy.
I agree. When can we put this plan into action?

Quote:
Yes, we should abandon all trade with the US and side with kim jong il - all because the US has banned vegimite.
I Dunno about you, but I look bloody great in a brown overalls.

Quote:
For god's sake THEY GAVE US FORD.
They also gave us Ford Customer Service. The Lord giveth. And the Lord taketh away.

Quote:
Maybe we should take action against this despicable american owned company as well?
Sue now, sue often! Its the american way.

Quote:
This thread is a joke. You guys really have nothing better to do than look for petty little reasons to criticise america? They're tearing the world apart as we speak - and you're attacking them on their policy regarding folate?
But Folate tastes good dude.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #54
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
This thread is a joke. You guys really have nothing better to do than look for petty little reasons to criticise america?
You must have even less to be reading through all this and then typing such long winded responses. :

Quote:
They're tearing the world apart as we speak - and you're attacking them on their policy regarding folate?
This is half the reason most are outraged, Australia helps them in pretty much most of the recent conflicts and they do what, ban a substance that has been the mainstay of Ozzi breakfasts for generations. Nice way to keep relations at a high.

Last edited by XRQTR; 23-10-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 23-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #55
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
This is half the reason most are outraged, Australia helps them in pretty much most of the recent conflicts and they do what, ban a substance that has been the mainstay of Ozzi breakfasts for generations.
Yes. Hence my relative dumbfoundedness at some of the views being put forward.

I half expected posts like "how bizarre" and "those craaazy, whacky americans and their zany laws" but to think people are serious about this being an insult to australia.... i mean... wow!

We're talking about the same vegemite i hope. The brown spread in a jar that people usually put on bread or its heated equivalent. People eat it.

Just making sure we're not talking about anything important. :

And this product is being compared to our brave men and women who have been involved in military action where Aus has supported the US? So... we should immediately withdraw our troops from US-led operations, pending the return of vegemite to US shelves? Well, i mean if that's all it takes to keep the AFF community happy....

Yes it's an Australian icon. Yes it means a lot to us. So who gives a fig if it's being sold in America or not?

I'd even go a step further and suggest that some participants of this thread are behaving in a fairly hyporcritical manner. Those who are so keen to speak against the US and their values in this thread are the same people who often speak out against corporate greed and the behaviour of financial markets and their participants. Lol, i guess you could say they go hand in had.

Until a situation like this arises. So many points of moral high ground... only one to stand on?

Heaven forbid that those who produce, market and distribute vegemite are... *gasps* one of those awful, greedy companies who are focused on the bottom line and furthering the interests of their shareholders. (The fact that the product is iconic in Australia is a licence to print money for an American company - think about that next time you sit down to enjoy this staple of the australian breakfast table).

I bet - $100 - that if the parent company had not been named in this thread, i could have stated a thread in the Bar regarding the remuneration of executives/directors at the company concerned and would have drawn nothing short of outrage from these members.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again - there's a lot of people on AFF who like to have their cake in addition to consuming it.

Quote:
what does folate do?
It's basically just a form of vitamin B mate. Important in the process where cells divide (hence folate in diet always important for cancer patients and expecting mothers/newborns).

The banning is just a technicality. There's only certain foods you can artificially add folate to in the US - condiments are not one of those foods. If it's not identified in the legislation and has folate added during the proicess - its not allowed to be imported. Not the 'slap-in-the-face' in international relations its being made out to be here.
Old 23-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #56
Psycho Chicken
Banned

4.9 you're wrong. They hate us. Let's tear up ANZUS because of all this. It's an absolute outrage.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #57
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its kinda weird that they will ban something healthy but they will eat Deep Fried coke !!.

Ahahahah what a weird place.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #58
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
RDO by any chance?? LOL :

Relax dude, it's just some people having a gripe, maybe with some spare time jut like us lol.