Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #31
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
I had problems with ford regarding delivery of my previous car (october 04 Fiesta)
Delivery was two weeks late. They kept calling me saying, a couple more days, come this day, come that day. Rah Rah Rah. instead of just saying it will be here in two more weeks.

I suggest you take a walk over to Volkswagen and have a look at either their Polo GTI (what i just bought) or their golf GTI.

Stunning cars !!!!!! fantastic service.

I rung them, told them what colour i wanted and what options i wanted, they rung me back within 10 minutes and said, theres ONE to you're desired specification on the boat on the way over its due to land on X date and it will be ready for delivery on X date.

I paid a deposit, and the car was mine

And guess what, it was ready on that date, cleaned, polished, IMMACULATE, even sitting inside their showroom so that it wasnt out in the rain (was raining when i was at the dealership)

Barloworld Mascot (sydney) made me feel like a king, they tought me all the ins and outs of the car, they were all extremely professional and very helpful.

When it was time for me to drive off they lifted these glass walls and i drove OUT of the showroom floor in my new car.

WOW !! what service

Screw the XR5, get the better car, get the GTI golf !

That is exactly the experience that I had buying my BF XR8...... This not unique to VW. Even to the point that the car was in the show room waiting for me to pick it up....... And it was ready 1 day earlier than they estimated. Credit where credit is due.....
Old 23-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #32
MarkAW

First make the decision - do you want the car or not.

If you do then put up with the raw deal, the dealer is not obliged to provide you with a loan car.

If you do not want the vehicle, write a letter stating this fact including a copy of the contract and be very speciific claiming the rescind clause of the contract under clause xyz of the attached copy. Demand in accordance with the contract that the deposit be sent to you. Package all of this in an envelope and send via registed mail. Get copy of mail registration. Remember you may need to fight this in court.

When refund of deposit hasn't be forward within a reasonable time see Dept of Fair Trading or what ever Victoria calls this.

Keep copies of everything as you may need to prove in court.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #33
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

^^^^^^^^ unreal mate !!!

Glad to hear you had a positive experience

the ONLY reason i made reference to ford is that because one of my mates (forum member TEKI ) had a few issues with the delivery of his fiesta aswell.

Something about it not being ready on time and then when he did go to pick it up it didnt have the options he had asked for.

To me, it just started sounding like a bit of a pattern by Ford... but im glad i have been proven incorrect
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #34
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAW

If you do then put up with the raw deal, the dealer is not obliged to provide you with a loan car.

If you do not want the vehicle, write a letter stating this fact including a copy of the contract and be very speciific claiming the rescind clause of the contract under clause xyz of the attached copy. Demand in accordance with the contract that the deposit be sent to you. Package all of this in an envelope and send via registed mail. Get copy of mail registration. Remember you may need to fight this in court.

When refund of deposit hasn't be forward within a reasonable time see Dept of Fair Trading or what ever Victoria calls this.

I think you have your answer here, I think it is a shame the dealership is giving you a hard time, more so the Customer Service Centre, but I wouldn't expect any better from the horror stories being told
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #35
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
I had problems with ford regarding delivery of my previous car (october 04 Fiesta)
Delivery was two weeks late. They kept calling me saying, a couple more days, come this day, come that day. Rah Rah Rah. instead of just saying it will be here in two more weeks.

I suggest you take a walk over to Volkswagen and have a look at either their Polo GTI (what i just bought) or their golf GTI.

I rung them, told them what colour i wanted and what options i wanted, they rung me back within 10 minutes and said, theres ONE to you're desired specification on the boat on the way over its due to land on X date and it will be ready for delivery on X date.

And guess what, it was ready on that date, cleaned, polished, IMMACULATE, even sitting inside their showroom so that it wasnt out in the rain (was raining when i was at the dealership)

Barloworld Mascot (sydney) made me feel like a king, they tought me all the ins and outs of the car, they were all extremely professional and very helpful.

When it was time for me to drive off they lifted these glass walls and i drove OUT of the showroom floor in my new car.

WOW !! what service

I always like hearing stories like this because this is how buying a new car should be. I wish it would happen more often with some other brands hint hint.

Your last line though isnt neccesary right, its a personal preference thing.
Old 23-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #36
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Yep, same bullshit different day.

I don't know why Ford even bothered with the XR5T, people are over it because you simply cannot buy one.
Yeah, they had it on display at 2005 Motor Show. It's almost 2007 now. I have seen TWO on the road.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #37
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Name the damn dealership!

As if Ford hasn't got enough issues on their hands, they have dodgey dealerships stuffing things up aswell.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #38
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Just go back in and see the dealer principal and tell him your rights, they normally hope you don't know your rights in these situations.. You said it is written on the contract conditions. Threaten them with your legal advise. (assuming you have checked the contract properly).

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #39
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

its not always the dealers fault as they only go off what Ford tells them and if ford told them October than thats what they tell the customer, I had a customer wait 9 months for the first Manual S pac crewman when the alloytec first come out and it was only suppose to be 4 months.
Old 23-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #40
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when i was at the elmore field days in country vic ( i work in the farming industry ) i enquired about the xr5 that they had on thier site

the sales person i was talking to told me not to order 1 as the wait to get it would be anywhere from 8 to 18 months to get one

so i just told him that he just did himself out of a sale

my wife wants one real bad

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #41
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
when i was at the elmore field days in country vic ( i work in the farming industry ) i enquired about the xr5 that they had on thier site

the sales person i was talking to told me not to order 1 as the wait to get it would be anywhere from 8 to 18 months to get one

jason

problem solved , contact granola and buy the car from them!!!
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #42
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

When Toyota let me out of a Hilux deal in similar circumstances they were quite good about it, they said " it's not worth you telling all your friends we are a bad dealership over a $1500 deposit". Being a Hilux it would sell anyway, should be the same with an XR5.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #43
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Get a mate - dress him in a suit, bring him with you, demand to see the dealer manager, and then get him to do the talking quoting and referencing current legislation... for added effect, go to a lawers and get a few cards so he can give them one.... lol... they should fold on the spot....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #44
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Call Today Tonight Mate - problem solvered (in Adelaide they would more than likley send in Frank Pangello & you would have a torn up contract & your deposit back in a second) :eclipsee_

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #45
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAW

In Vic it's Consumer Affairs you need to get in touch with.

I would do this as they can actually give you advice of how to actually aproach them, the other thing of course is that quite often when you have spoken to them and made it clear to the offending party they very often buckle because they see that you are not taking it laying down.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #46
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like you're not yelling loud enough. If i was in your shoes i'd be getting in contact with the dealer principal and telling him to jam his car where the sun don't shine. If you really want to play hard ball put it in writing that you intend to rent a car in order to fulfill your obligations and that they will be liable for all costs as a result of failing to meet their quoted date, and failing to provide you with an alternative solution.

What they're putting you through is absolutely disgusting. I went into Ford a few months ago and asked to take a look at one.. "sorry mate, 8 month wait".. no problem, you've just lost yourself a potential customer.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #47
granola
Starter Motor

Anyone want an XR5 ? maybe I could swap and get out of trouble and one of you will be able to get a hot hatch.
granola is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #48
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

Quote:

WOW !! what service

but the wait on the gti golf is no better...
tickin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 09:27 AM   #49
PDIDDY
Victory is Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas

jason
Yeh, maybe so. But if he had'nt been upfront and told you this, wouldn't you be in the same boat as Granola?
A salesperson will walk away if they know that signing someone up will cause major greif. As someone said, we all rely on what we are told by Ford. If this information is incorrect, unfortunately it is the salesperson that cops it, even though it is not their fault, simply re-laying a message.
Like I and others mentioned before, you need to decide if you want the car. If not, pull out and the dealership will sell it to someone who wants it.
Old 24-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #50
leeanne
Starter Motor

If you contact the office of consumer affairs in your state they should be able to either advise you or put you onto someone that can give you legal advice and your rights
leeanne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #51
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what have you actually done since posting this thread?
have you tried again to get money back or get loan car?
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #52
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
Sounds like you're not yelling loud enough. If i was in your shoes i'd be getting in contact with the dealer principal and telling him to jam his car where the sun don't shine. If you really want to play hard ball put it in writing that you intend to rent a car in order to fulfill your obligations and that they will be liable for all costs as a result of failing to meet their quoted date, and failing to provide you with an alternative solution.

What they're putting you through is absolutely disgusting. I went into Ford a few months ago and asked to take a look at one.. "sorry mate, 8 month wait".. no problem, you've just lost yourself a potential customer.
Yeah because that is what is needed, more sooks. Sorry but my hate is people that whinge, sook and complain after agreeing to a contract. If you sign it, you accept it. Simple. I am sure you would not be happy if you signed a contract and the other parties didn’t liked it and sooked to get their way!

They will not be liable for any rental vehicle costs. Again read the contract!

So if Ford Australia do not have any cars you turn around stating they have lost a customer? Do you expect them to bend over on pull a car out from behind?? Cars do not magically appear, sorry if this is what you thought. This vehicle is very popular and Ford are selling them quicker than they can get them, understand?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #53
Hally

LTDHO,

At the end of the day it seems the Ford dealer that has broken the contract and not Granola, so why is he being a sook?

All he wants to do is get out of the contract so he can buy a car that he can use now, and not at some unknown time. It's not like the dealer will be holding a car they cannot sell when it comes in. Ido agree that the suggestions of a loan car are rubbish though, it would be better for the dealer to refund the deposit and end the deal.

Just my 2cents worth.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #54
granola
Starter Motor

I call another manager at the dealer and explain the situation once over, he said i need to do that in writing and they will 'decide' next week...
Old 24-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #55
buickman
buickman

If Ford has trouble supplying the car you can bet if you have the misfortune of smashing the car the wait for parts is going to be a while like the current Transit van 6 weeks for a overflow cap alone on the turbo desiel.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #56
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Yeah because that is what is needed, more sooks. Sorry but my hate is people that whinge, sook and complain after agreeing to a contract.
You've misunderstood my post. When I say 'not yelling loud enough' I'm basically trying to say that he's not saying the right things to the right people. Whats the point of arguing with the salesman that did the deal with you - its not in his best interests to cancel the order because its simply another car he needs to sell to meet his monthly/yearly targets. If you want results you need to bypass all the monkeys and go to someone who has the authority to make a decision.

Quote:
If you sign it, you accept it. Simple. I am sure you would not be happy if you signed a contract and the other parties didn’t liked it and sooked to get their way! They will not be liable for any rental vehicle costs. Again read the contract!
He's accepted the contract based on the projected delivery time they gave him - that date has not only passed, but they still can't give him a concrete date even though he placed an order many many months ago. How can you expect him to organise to sell/trade his own car, organise his finances etc if the dates keep moving? At the end of the day they have not met the terms of their contract (i.e. delivery date), therefore they should be liable for any costs that result because of this.

Quote:
So if Ford Australia do not have any cars you turn around stating they have lost a customer? Do you expect them to bend over on pull a car out from behind?? Cars do not magically appear, sorry if this is what you thought. This vehicle is very popular and Ford are selling them quicker than they can get them, understand?
Not only have they lost many customers due to the lack of supply, but the whole launch of the XR5 was a mess. Ads were screening on TV when the first cars were on a boat 5 weeks away. My mates brother took delivery of his new Mazda 3 MPS two weeks ago - why? - because Ford couldn't be bothered organising a vehicle viewing (imagine if he asked for a test drive!) but was more than happy to take an order after advising there was an 8 month leadtime. Sorry mate but we're not talking about a supercar here, we're talking about a run-of-the-mill Focus FFS. I know someone who didn't even wait 8 months for special order F430 spider..

And then they wonder why their market share is declining...
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #57
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
If Customer relations cant handle customer relations, what are they handling? Themselves?
The organised exit of Ford customers to other brands it seems. They are very good at it.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 03:14 PM   #58
granola
Starter Motor

UPDATE: They said the will discuss the cancellation only if i forfeit the deposit. Are they allowed to do that ??
Old 24-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #59
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by granola
UPDATE: They said the will discuss the cancellation only if i forfeit the deposit. Are they allowed to do that ??
Depends on what they have written on the contract. If you have a delivery date and it's well beyond that? You get your deposit back. It's amazing how many companies forget the consumers rights once they have your $.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #60
granola
Starter Motor

They insisted that it's "ESTIMATED" so nothing is concrete. And the contract states "Dealer not responsible for any delays"...I don't know how to discuss with them....