Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2007, 06:21 AM   #31
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Funny this thread popping up now !

Last week I bought a P6 for $1500 for the 351 and disc brake 9in . Little bit of rust around the boot seal area, and the gutters, and the left hand a piller was just about rusted right thru about half way up ! Looks exactly like the gold on that has the ebay link ! same color , roof , everything !

Its been in my workshop for about an hour , and an old bloke going past sees it and comes to see what Im doing with it ! I tell him im wrecking it and he offers me $3000 for it ! no I want the diff and motor , so he offers $3500. after I say no again, he says , if I fix the rust and repaint it with out the factory leather/vinyl type roof, just paint it , Would I take $7000 ? I think about it a second and say $9000, half thinking he is full of the proverbial, he says $8000 and sold ! Still thinking this is rubbish , he is just a tyre kicker , he goes away and comes back 45 mins later with $3000 deposit ! :hihi:

So I have been fixing it up for the past week and have just laid on the last coat of 2 pac clear about 30 mins ago ! will be gone in a couple more days , and I get the rest of the cash ! Even though its been a long hard week finding parts and getting it done, its a good little earner ! He choose to do the paint in a ford 1977, Gold rush color , instead of the original brown/gold color ! I will see if I can get a few pics !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #32
Aulpgute

Thanks for all your replies. I'd better hurry up and get there to look at this P6 because by the sound of that last post it may be worth GT money by next week!
Aulpgute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #33
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

The only difference is in the trim level. All mechanics are the same, 351 9 inch etc
Towncar has full leather interior
Monarch has the red velour trim with silver monarch pain and grey vinyl roof. There was 3 shades of silver over the years with the later ones having the real grey colour.
As far as which one is better? It is very hard to find one with good leather in the town car as it went very brittle and very expensive to re trim.
Both had electric seats ..... again good if they still work but usually just bad wiring which can be fixed. I like the P5 over the P6, just sold the Monarch to get the P5 which IMO is a more comfortable car to drive. Its also the 1st Australian LTD.
Mine.....Continental pack which is two tone roof, two tone interior (White leather and Parchement) and extra badging

Silver Monarch but was painted white by some dipstick!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #34
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulpgute
Thanks for all your replies. I'd better hurry up and get there to look at this P6 because by the sound of that last post it may be worth GT money by next week!
As far as what a P6 is worth ....... there are still 1000's of them out there (I will be wrecking a couple for bits) Prices are still reletivley low so you can afford to be a bit patient!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #35
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGTHO
I take it this is the Town Car version then ?

being a car from Bondi.... even though it looks to be in great Cond...

I'd be checking for Cancer very carefully
I LOVE THAT THING!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 06:49 AM   #36
Paull
P6 LTD

Quote:
yeah... where is His LTDness ?
Have been keeping a low profile on this one. Reason being is that I bought the red town car (the one shown in this thread), sorry Aulpgute, kinda beat you to it.

Story here goes is that I bought the car via VIP Automotive Solutions (can strongly recommend them to any buyer who is purchasing a car interstate). The money (bank cheque) was handed over and the seller said that he would not release the car until such time that the money had cleared into his account. Fair enough I thought, even though VIP wanted to take the car there and then (this is normal practice for them).

However, two weeks later and two failed attempts by the courier company to get the car (seller being somewhat difficult), it has now finally been picked up and is awaiting transport to Perth.

Now, onto my existing P6 for sale, here are the links to the car.
http://www.paulsfords.com/main.php?g...fa87f5424081ef
I am chasing $5000 for it as I now need to make way for the red P6 slowly heading west.

lastly, with respect to the P6 differences (Silver Monarch and Town Car), Auslandau has stated, the mechanicals are all the same except for the fact that as of January 1979, saw all P6 LTD's now fitted with the Borg Warner 28 spline 4 pinion diff as compared to the Ford 9" diff.

The Silver Monarch came with the Cranberry red crushed velour interior (flocked red hoodlining) with Normandy grain Asteroid Silver vinyl roof and the Stardust Silver paint. The Silver Monarch was an option across the years of 1976 to 1979. As also stated, it came in three colour combinations, eg Stardust Silver (code V), Stardust Silver mkII (code X) and finally Silver Monarch Grey (code 7).

The Town car was released in January/February 1979 and either came in Classic Grey or Burgundy paint schemes. The Burgundy Town Cars came with either Saddle or Black leather interior and the Classic Grey Town Car came with Dusk (light blue) leather interior. They also had special badging on the front guards and bootlid (Town Car). they also came with the Knerps umbrella and a map reading wallet with a Key fob as well. With respect to the Knerps umbrella, if you look under the glove box, you will see a special plastic holder for the umbrellas. The burgundy cars typically came with the red Cavalry Twill grain vinyl roof and black for the Classic Grey cars

400 of the Town Cars were made and sorry, I do not know how many Silver Monarchs were made (given time though, I will find out!!!!!!!).

Quote:
being a car from Bondi.... even though it looks to be in great Cond... I'd be checking for Cancer very carefully
The story here is that the seller of the car bought it from a Holden dealership. The dealership traded it on a new Holden I believe, to an older fellow (85 year old - he owned for 29 years ish??), who I do not believe lived in Bondi. However, as the car was bought site unseen, I am hoping very much that it has little to no cancer.

Anyway, when I get it, I will post up some pics.

Paul
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #37
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mate wants me to sell his show condition,(1979 update last ZH model,silver paint, Burgundy interior,big wheels 351 FMX 9" one of the best looking in Australia with Absolutly no rust ever.same owner 20 years,8" rims with 245 hankooks all four corners,
this car makes old men and rev heads stop and look, he was a top spraypainter in his day so car is flawless and superclean with no faults
big claim i know,but this is deadset the best in Australia without any doubt.he wants $12,000
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #38
Aulpgute

Ahhh Paull! That explains why it was sold a few days after I started this post. Hope it is a good car for you. I'm still torn between a P5,P6 or even a nice ZH. Pardon my ignorance but does the ZH share the same wheelbase as the LTD? That ZH sounds interesting, do you have any pics?
Old 25-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #39
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Go a ZH, they are a great cruiser, for 7-10k you will get a top notch example that wont be stuffed. Spend the rest on your wheels and upgrades. I would stick a gxl dash in it too.
Forget resale values and that junk, unless you get a landau or za-zd fairlane you wont be getting big dollar returns.

Just buy it to enjoy and have fun in. The ZH will do all that with tunns more potential to boot and some spare dollars for extras.

Roo.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #40
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Quote:
Ahhh Paull! That explains why it was sold a few days after I started this post. Hope it is a good car for you. I'm still torn between a P5,P6 or even a nice ZH. Pardon my ignorance but does the ZH share the same wheelbase as the LTD? That ZH sounds interesting, do you have any pics?

P6 was the last model to get an even bigger wheelbase than a Fairlane. Rear doors were p6 specific not just Fairlane/Wagon doors.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #41
Paull
P6 LTD

Quote:
Ahhh Paull! That explains why it was sold a few days after I started this post. Hope it is a good car for you. I'm still torn between a P5,P6 or even a nice ZH. Pardon my ignorance but does the ZH share the same wheelbase as the LTD?
Fairlane LTD
Length: 5196 5364
Width: 1956 1956
Height: 1367 1366
Wheelbase: 2946 3074
Front track: 1537 1537
Rear track: 1524 1524
Kerb weight: 1768 1832
Turning circle: 12.6m 12.9m
Fuel tank: 79.5 79.5
Old 25-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will be taking photo's tomorrow and offering it here before ebay.
Old 25-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #43
Aulpgute

Thanks for the info, looking forwarding to seeing the pics.
Old 25-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #44
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go the ZD I say an awsome looking car.

XE project underway
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #45
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 26-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #46
Aulpgute

Thanks for the pics Nicolas. Are the km's genuine? Has it been painted? I have some business to do up there so I might organize it sooner than later so I can look at it. What area is he in?
Old 26-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #47
Paull
P6 LTD

Nice photos of the car Nicholas. A few questions though;
Is the paint original?
Is the interior orignal?
What month of 1979 was it made?

The reason that I ask is that is that according to my codes, no ZH came out in 1979 with either burgundy interior or silver paint. Also, as of January 1979, the 9" diff was not fitted but the B&W 28 spline 4 pinion diff was.

Another thing on the interior, as of the update (April 1978) all of the Fords got the perforated vinyl seats, this car does not appear to have this????

Would be very interested to know what month and year the car was made as well as what the trim and paint codes are!!!!!
Old 26-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #48
Aulpgute

Keep away Paull, you already beat me once! Just kidding!
Old 26-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #49
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i took these photo's this morning, drivers seat has now got hole where he sat in car with screw driver in his back pocket, but he has spare material left from when it was all recovered,used to be burgundy with camel interior,all new brake rotors from Ford helper springs on back for towing,motor has mild cam and drives quite hard ,
i went for a run in car today,and has no rattles or squeeks,very smooth ride ,
Old 26-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #50
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for the pics Nicolas. Are the km's genuine? Has it been painted? I have some business to do up there so I might organize it sooner than later so I can look at it. What area is he in?
hes about 10 km's from my house in Hervey Bay QLD,yes its been painted, your welcome to have a good look ,even bring a mechanic and put it on a hoist,this is one lovely car and goes hard or soft as you like,will sit on 140kmh all day.
Old 26-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #51
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Just looking at buying a toy at present and am leaning toward a Fairlane or LTD. I'm not in the $ league for a genuine GT or the like so am looking at a few options for a spare car/Sunday cruiser. I want something tidy and original so all I really have to do is lower it and fit big late model wheels/tyres and maybe exhaust etc. Not looking for a full bare metal resto. I'd like to have something appealing and with a bit of future resale and desirability. The short list reads LTD P5 P6 FC FD or Landau (unlikely to find a clean one), Fairlane ZH ZJ ZK or possibly a good ZD at the right price, Fairmont ESP XD XE. Have had an ESP and FD years back and nostalgia draws me to them but gut feeling tells me that the FD may never materialize as a desirable investment. I'm guessing a ZD would if a clean one could be found. Open to all suggestions, look forward to your ideas. Thanks
Hey aulpgute I've just bought an old Fairlane myself:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post1432012

I'd go a ZD personally, ZD's rock! (I am a little biased) The Landau, P etc type ones with the hideaway ehadlights are nice. Good luck finding the right car for you.

Rob.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #52
Aulpgute

Thanks inline. I was admiring your pics the other week when you posted. It's getting a bit confusing as to what model to go for. I'm looking for a tidy car I don't have to paint so at present I guess it is a case of the 'right' original car coming up regardless of model so long as it is in the group we have been talking about. I actually had a nice bronze ZD original 351c column auto back in 95 as bit of a runaround hack. I paid $2500 for it and sold it 6 months later for $3000. It was a 6 out of 10 car totally restorable........if only we knew then what we know now! Love the colour of yours as well. Another favourite Ford I once had was an XD S Pack ute 1980 with factory 351, FMX, 9 inch and it was Vermillion fire - loved the colour since then and always hoped to own another Ford the same colour one day. This ute was bought from the original owner and came from the factory with those options, was ordered thru Jack Brabham Ford in Bankstown Sydney at that time.
Old 26-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #53
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
Nice photos of the car Nicholas. A few questions though;
Is the paint original?
Is the interior orignal?
What month of 1979 was it made?

The reason that I ask is that is that according to my codes, no ZH came out in 1979 with either burgundy interior or silver paint. Also, as of January 1979, the 9" diff was not fitted but the B&W 28 spline 4 pinion diff was.

Another thing on the interior, as of the update (April 1978) all of the Fords got the perforated vinyl seats, this car does not appear to have this????

Would be very interested to know what month and year the car was made as well as what the trim and paint codes are!!!!!
no its not original anymore. had 302 and borgy diff now 351 FMX 9" all rebuilt to better than new specs at time of rebuild,new chrome new tail light lenses,new reset springs in back , ,
Old 26-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #54
Paull
P6 LTD

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
i took these photo's this morning, drivers seat has now got hole where he sat in car with screw driver in his back pocket, but he has spare material left from when it was all recovered,used to be burgundy with camel interior,all new brake rotors from Ford helper springs on back for towing,motor has mild cam and drives quite hard ,
i went for a run in car today,and has no rattles or squeeks,very smooth ride ,
Now that explains the rear view mirrors. The car is (or more to the point, was)a ZH Fairlane Sportsman. Only thing is, I was always led to believe that the Sportsmans were 302 only?? Oh well, makes for a very interesting car and what looks like to be a real good one.

Quote:
Keep away Paull, you already beat me once! Just kidding!
Relaxe Max, would be nice to have but I have far too many toys as it is
Old 02-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #55
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

putting it on ebay today
Old 14-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #56
Paull
P6 LTD

Quote:
still have the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....1617&rd=1&rd=1

1979 LTD
-wood grain dash -electric antenna
-147,262 kms -original radio and tape deck and speakers
-351 clevland never been rebuilt -original car jack in case
-never tampered with -rear courtesy lights
-original engine in car with matching numbers -all LTD chrome moulds in very good condition

-vynil roof in immaculate condition -all original stickers still on car

-original ltd wheels -original spare wheel and tyre

-all LTD options -LSD differential

-all round electric windows -brown leather seats

-electric seats -full brown leather trim
-power steering -boot release
this LTD has been very well looked after and is in very original condition it has never had any bolts taken off any where on the car the only problem is
that there is a little bit of rust in the driver side gaurd apart from that it is very nice, it even has original spark plug leads and coil, to veiw the car
please call nick on 0418175124 or any questions to my ebay account. might end auction early due to advertisement else where. vehicle doesnt come with rego or rwc due to quick sale
I see this ones up for sale again at a somewhat increased price!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-1979-LTD...QQcmdZViewItem