Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #31
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No plate, big problems. Serious collectors would be able to tell but it will never be worth as much as one with a plate.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The car is well known around GT circles, its in ok condition but without the plate id say 125-130K tops, which is what it sold for last time..

Old 14-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #33
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aah the spin doctors at work as usual, gotta keep them values up hey boys?
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #34
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The Phase 3 had STD and Large tank options.
Here is a great link to the differences between a std XYGT and a XYGTHO.

http://www.fomoco.com.au/PH3DIFF.html
The phase 3 had the 36 gallon tank from factory there was no option for it. Th GT was able to be optioned up from the standard tank which was 16.5 gallons to the 36 gallon GTHO tank.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #35
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloke near here got offered $170k for his as is. Its currently a bare shell being restored. Not that there was anything wrong with it before just a very fussy owner
Old 14-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #36
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

iv'e heard that GT's have, ID's stamped all over the car. like on springs and diff and tail shaft and little parts all over the car
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #37
Mondie
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFalcs
iv'e heard that GT's have, ID's stamped all over the car. like on springs and diff and tail shaft and little parts all over the car

Its true that most of the major components of a GT can be verified by part number, casting dates or both. All major engine components (block, inlet manifold, heads etc) have a casting date cast into them so its possible to verify many aspects of a cars originality by checking the dates match the cars build date.

There are D Block GT's with the correct engine number but a casting date that confirms the engine was made after the car around, go figure _
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 01:09 AM   #38
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

there was plenty of interest in the car i had a few guys i know look at it and they said it was disgrace the auction house let tyre kickers maul and just lounge around in it ,we will just see what the next couple of days holds

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #39
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Brisbane auctioned Gtho P3 $170,000.sold

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4

Last edited by Noddy; 15-12-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #40
Mondie
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy

Geez thats a lot of money for a car without an ID. Must be in good condition and not be in need of a resto for that money.
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #41
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondie
Geez thats a lot of money for a car without an ID. Must be in good condition and not be in need of a resto for that money.
Just two people bidding against each other. These kind of figures are only going to make the xygt rocket over 100k soon.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 15-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #42
Stampy

Whooooooooo thats 70k over ,what i was thinking it would go for with no plate
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #43
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Wow! That's a lot! *wanders off to look at the one here WITH plates and 46500 miles again*
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #44
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That price sonds right for a complete car, but as others said, i think it's over the top for a car with no compliance plates.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #45
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?......

...Is it realy a GTHO if it does not have a plate? The plate is the proof and "badge of honor". I think thats a bit much for a car without a plate. O well see if you can find a wrecked GTHO and use that plate :Up_to_som
Old 15-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #46
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Which came first? The chicken or the egg?......

...Is it realy a GTHO if it does not have a plate? The plate is the proof and "badge of honor". I think thats a bit much for a car without a plate. O well see if you can find a wrecked GTHO and use that plate :Up_to_som
The VIN is what determines what the car is, its stamped on the body and on the plate, its still a GTHO without the plate, i guess we've just seen that the plate isnt worth much without the body huh!

Old 15-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #47
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
The VIN is what determines what the car is, its stamped on the body and on the plate, its still a GTHO without the plate, i guess we've just seen that the plate isnt worth much without the body huh!
And i though there was a big demand for real GT plates in the "chop shop" market? I guess the crims cant make money out of them :nutsycuck
Old 15-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #48
Bown

Well said: The VIN + car is the money.
Plates that have become seperated from their original cars are not even worth their weight in gold (& they don't weigh that much...). If the plate has been stolen, the feds just sit back and wait for someone STUPID enough to try and register the car and BAM, thank you sir. Only the dumbest of thieves or opportunists pinch or buy dodgy plates from cars these days.
Old 15-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #49
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bown
Well said: The VIN + car is the money.
Plates that have become seperated from their original cars are not even worth their weight in gold (& they don't weigh that much...). If the plate has been stolen, the feds just sit back and wait for someone STUPID enough to try and register the car and BAM, thank you sir. Only the dumbest of thieves or opportunists pinch or buy dodgy plates from cars these days.
Go to the top of the class sir!

But unfortunatly it is a lucrative market to buy a crap/wrecked GT just so you can "legally" own a GT and put those plates on a stolen mint GT and cash in...... :Up_to_som
Old 15-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #50
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Go to the top of the class sir!

But unfortunatly it is a lucrative market to buy a crap/wrecked GT just so you can "legally" own a GT and put those plates on a stolen mint GT and cash in...... :Up_to_som
You'd have to restamp the chassis number and repaint the car to match the VIN and plate.
A quick check or xray will pick it up no problems.
GT buyers are well and truely onto these games now and dogey stuff wont get anyone very far except court and probably jail.

Old 15-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #51
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
You'd have to restamp the chassis number and repaint the car to match the VIN and plate.
A quick check or xray will pick it up no problems.
GT buyers are well and truely onto these games now and dogey stuff wont get anyone very far except court and probably jail.
And that's after the bashing they get, lol.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #52
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Without getting myself into trouble and you guys thinking wrong of me........i say where ther is a WILL there is a WAY.
Old 15-12-2005, 06:24 PM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Without getting myself into trouble and you guys thinking wrong of me........i say where ther is a WILL there is a WAY.
You'd be absolutely amazed what can be discovered about a car these days to verify if its genuine or not, and how quickly stuff can come back to haunt you down the track!
Put it this way, there are some nasty people around who collect genuine cars, sell a rebody to one of them and im sure you'll be delt with the "old fashioned way" first, if you're real unlucky maybe even "smith and wesson" might come along too!!!

Old 15-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #54
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
You'd be absolutely amazed what can be discovered about a car these days to verify if its genuine or not, and how quickly stuff can come back to haunt you down the track!Put it this way, there are some nasty people around who collect genuine cars, sell a rebody to one of them and im sure you'll be delt with the "old fashioned way" first, if you're real unlucky maybe even "smith and wesson" might come along too!!!
Oh your 100% right. But with the cops and criminals, remember its always a game of "cat and mouse". The cops can only use NEW technology to catch a crims OLD tricks, meaning still methods out there that the boys in blue need a new method to detect.
Old 15-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #55
Bown

Would a GT Falcon registry, like they do with the Shelby's, be a good idea? If not, please elaborate as to why, other than people freaking out that their car will be sprung as a faker shaker?
Old 15-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #56
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Would a GT Falcon registry, like they do with the Shelby's, be a good idea? If not, please elaborate as to why, other than people freaking out that their car will be sprung as a faker shaker?
Golden Idea. TOPS! But who controls the registry? :hihi:
Old 15-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #57
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It already exists....

http://www.falcongt.info/

Pepole who try to discredit it are usually worried it might hold or uncover some skeletons..

Old 15-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #58
Kryton

im going to clear up the compliance plate thing as i know what im talking about. i own a stolen recovered car with NO compliance plates.
you do not get given any kind of plate from the police, nor vicroads (or appropriate) nor any documentation to say that it has been stolen and recovered.
you can reregister the car as it stands WITHOUT any compliance plates so long as: the car is MORE than 15 years and 9 months (could be 17 years and 9 months?) old from the date of manufacture, the ORIGINAL number stamped on the body/chassis hasnt been tampered with and is visible and not fraudulant. the engine number DOESNT have to match the other numbers either but it helps if it does.
IF the car is still in vicroads (or appropriate) computer they will register it on the spot (with a RWC and a visual sighting of the numbers).
if the car isnt listed in their computer, you will need to talk to the police and have a document written up saying that the car is what it says it is. the manufacturer can do this too and you may also need confirmation from them AS WELL.

as for the "can never be registered again" comment, try doing some research if you dont know what your talking about.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #59
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy

yeh plus gst or 10 commission $186 000 and all the other gear of this guys was top notch he was a real con man and it all caught up with him :monkes:

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #60
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
yeh plus gst or 10 commission $186 000 and all the other gear of this guys was top notch he was a real con man and it all caught up with him :monkes:
yes, know the story.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here