Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #31
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
I don't or have not disagreed that a good business should (& would)pay for the damage, or at least fix it themselves....my point was that some businesses do get away with a lot of shoddy stuff simply by having that type of sign....
Im not in anyway suggesting a good business would do that, but after dealing with a few shoddy business in Qld, you learn fast (even those that some class as 'good' may not always be good (if that makes sense)...

I agree with talking the insurance company, maybe they can fix it..
my points were really directed towards people asking boss_290 to name that business...
Valid points, i agree totally with you.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #32
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I honestly think it's bad business practise to book cars in for a job and not have any intention to do the work on the particular day. I know of quite a few workshops like this. Stacking cars is asking for trouble. What if the said hoist collapse's over night? Small precautionary measures like quick turnaround solve this major issue.

Workshop's are like this for many reasons. Popularity, quality of workmanship and/or procrastinating. Myself as a prior business owner would get fried if I booked something in and didn't complete it as quickly as possible. Simply I'd loose business. :

I find a lot of workshops multitask (a bit of work on one car and some work on another). Instead of just finishing the job on hand. It's very fustrating. I've experienced this myself and are known to go in and start work on my own car myself while it's at a workshop. In the end, if I'm happy with work completed? I keep going back. Unfortunately for me I'm an impatient person. Why? I don't know? In fustration, I tend to crack the s. Being mechanically minded I can do most works needed but choose to be lazy soemtimes. Knowledge of the works needed can be your worst enemy sometimes.

I've heard the saying "Quality takes time". In some cases it does. Sometimes it can't be helped but most times it can be.

BOSS_290 : I'm sure the workshop involved will sort it. Don't stress.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #33
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Ok,
Boss_290. Sorry to hear about your drama's, and I hope its sorted soon!

But.

Boss_290 is complaining about a site sponsor, the people who pay for us to enjoy this site!
He has had a grand total of four posts, all in this thread!
He joined this website after he encountered problems!
That means he most likely enjoyed the benefits of this sitewithout actually being a member!
And (according to his statement) he is baseing his assumptions on his damage on the fact he doesn't own a hoist!
I ask all, Who spent time looking at the site before becoming a member? (I joined and enjoyed from day one)!
Perhaps we need to ask who Boss_290 is???

If I'm wrong, Sorry Mate, but its all a bit sus to me!
I for one would love a PM regarding who this site sponsor is!

I feel for you, but the truth is, I have been around a while and have made a few posts on this site, and have yet to hear of any " VALID" complaints about a site sponsor.

Best of luck.
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #34
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I honestly think it's bad business practise to book cars in for a job and not have any intention to do the work on the particular day. I know of quite a few workshops like this. Stacking cars is asking for trouble. What if the said hoist collapse's over night? Small precautionary measures like quick turnaround solve this major issue.
I find a lot of workshops multitask (a bit of work on one car and some work on another). Instead of just finishing the job on hand. It's very fustrating. I've experienced this myself and are known to go in and start work on my own car myself while it's at a workshop. In the end, if I'm happy with work completed? I keep going back. Unfortunately for me I'm an impatient person. Why? I don't know? In fustration, I tend to crack the s. Being mechanically minded I can do most works needed but choose to be lazy soemtimes. Knowledge of the works needed can be your worst enemy sometimes.

I've heard the saying "Quality takes time". In some cases it does. Sometimes it can't be helped but most times it can be.

BOSS_290 : I'm sure the workshop involved will sort it. Don't stress.
Sorry Brenx,
If you had any experience in running a proper workshop, not a lube shop, than you would understand that Mechanical repairs are rarely completed in the same day! To replace a headgasket is not a same day task. To replace a clutch is rarely a same dayer. Engines or diffs the same!Sometimes, a service may be booked for 4.00pm and the customer may pick up the next day. Do you leave the cars out all night.

I have had experience running workshops for many years and took every care to ensure the safety of all customer vehicles, no matter what they were. I once paid $6000 to repair a Telstar which I could have brought 3 times for 10G after a hoist failed and lowered another car onto it (I had failed to check if the safety was locked in before going home) as this was what the customer wanted.

It is rarely possible to ensure the safety of all customer cars without stacking!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 17-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #35
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Sorry Brenx,
If you had any experience in running a proper workshop, not a lube shop, than you would understand that Mechanical repairs are rarely completed in the same day! To replace a headgasket is not a same day task. To replace a clutch is rarely a same dayer. Engines or diffs the same!Sometimes, a service may be booked for 4.00pm and the customer may pick up the next day. Do you leave the cars out all night.
Mike half the jobs you describe and can be done in 1/2 a day easy. I have a mechanical apptitude but wasn't silly enough to become a mechanic. I'll keep it as a hobby. Not enough money in mechanical repairs. My dad's also a licensed mechanic and r/w tester.

EL headgasket for example, even my XB only takes me around 2-3 hours (inc adjusting roller rockers). My last EL headgasket I did on Christmas day 2 years ago.

I changed my stall convertor in my garage in 6 hours on my own with the car on ramps inc beer breaks and chatting on the forum.

Clutch I can do in around 2-6 hours depending on the car.

Diff? That's 2 hours inc brake bleeding.

I've built/fixed many a car. Front wheel drives are my pet hate. I'm not sure what you do when you repair a car? I find it extremely easy.

[edit]seeing most workshops have more than 2 people wandering around doing the work. That works out to 4 major mechanical repairs completed per day on my calculations.

Tuned by Hallam Performance

Last edited by brenx; 17-12-2005 at 07:03 PM.
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #36
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Ok,
Boss_290. Sorry to hear about your drama's, and I hope its sorted soon!

But.

Boss_290 is complaining about a site sponsor, the people who pay for us to enjoy this site!
He has had a grand total of four posts, all in this thread!
He joined this website after he encountered problems!
That means he most likely enjoyed the benefits of this sitewithout actually being a member!
And (according to his statement) he is baseing his assumptions on his damage on the fact he doesn't own a hoist!
I ask all, Who spent time looking at the site before becoming a member? (I joined and enjoyed from day one)!
Perhaps we need to ask who Boss_290 is???

If I'm wrong, Sorry Mate, but its all a bit sus to me!
I for one would love a PM regarding who this site sponsor is!

I feel for you, but the truth is, I have been around a while and have made a few posts on this site, and have yet to hear of any " VALID" complaints about a site sponsor.

Best of luck.
Mike
Mike wether it's suss or not BOSS_290 has had a vehicle damaged by a repairer.Wether this repairer is a sponsor or not it should be rectified.I own my own business and i agree sometimes it's hard to keep the customer happy or the work load under control.BUT the bottom line is if you or your company make an error and ruin your customers property it should be paid for.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #37
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Mike half the jobs you describe and can be done in 1/2 a day easy. I have a mechanical apptitude but wasn't silly enough to become a mechanic. I'll keep it as a hobby. Not enough money in mechanical repairs. My dad's also a licensed mechanic and r/w tester.

EL headgasket for example, even my XB only takes me around 2-3 hours (inc adjusting roller rockers). My last EL headgasket I did on Christmas day 2 years ago.

I changed my stall convertor in my garage in 6 hours on my own with the car on ramps inc beer breaks and chatting on the forum.

I've built/fixed many a car. Front wheel drives are my pet hate. I'm not sure what you do when you repair a car? I find it extremely easy.

[edit]seeing most workshops have more than 2 people wandering around doing the work. That works out to 4 major mechanical repairs completed per day on my calculations.

It is physically impossible to get a Cylinder head resurfaced for head gasket replacement in the times you state, as it is to get a flywheel machined for clutch replacement!
If you want the sort of half arsed jobs you are suggesting, than a bit of crud on the roof is to be expected!
Proper repairs are not able to be undertaken as you say, and certainly not on Christmas Day. What sort of workshop were you using?
Old 17-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #38
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Mike wether it's suss or not BOSS_290 has had a vehicle damaged by a repairer.Wether this repairer is a sponsor or not it should be rectified.I own my own business and i agree sometimes it's hard to keep the customer happy or the work load under control.BUT the bottom line is if you or your company make an error and ruin your customers property it should be paid for.
And your point is.
I never stated that I did not believe BOSS_290, just I found it odd. I have yet to find a company who has not stood by and fixed a stuff up they have caused, if it was genuine!
I, as requested above, would like a few more details, before I can afford a fair Judgement, as should You!
Old 17-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #39
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I am going to start deleting posts that are completely off topic.....

I think point is moot and we all have experienced delays in various workshops.

Last edited by Laminge; 17-12-2005 at 11:23 PM. Reason: :P
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #40
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol some more than others hey Minge , sorry couldn't resist.

I agree though, this is between the poster and the workshop. I am sure stuff happens like this everyday with a lot of different places, site sponsor or not give them a chance to make things right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

Last edited by Laminge; 17-12-2005 at 11:22 PM. Reason: :)
davocol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #41
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had a simalar problem with a work shop once.
i had a brand new hiace van that they were keeping over
night and they put it up on the hoist to fit another car under it.
they damaged the roof when it toped out on there workshop ceiling(spelling).

they hoped we wouldt notice it but we did and it cost them $2300 to fix

we had hassles fighting them for it though but we did win in the end.

ring youre insurance comany and let them deal with it.
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #42
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

I thought this thread would have been removed much earlier. Myself, I doubt it's authenticity........also.....not to be picky.....but it's MOOT not MUTE.......

Last edited by Laminge; 17-12-2005 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Nothing wrong with it...... :P
The Dok is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 10:47 PM   #43
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MNM96 and Thunder, this guy has had damage done and tells us they refuse to help fix problem and you two make out he is a liar.
you two have to be kidding. what a joke
DO YOU WORK THERE
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #44
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
MNM96 and Thunder, this guy has had damage done and tells us they refuse to help fix problem and you two make out he is a liar.
you two have to be kidding. what a joke
DO YOU WORK THERE
No i dont work there. I was refering to the comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS_290
I only started this thread because they didn't want to pay for the puff let alone painting the roof.
The car has only been to two places the dealer which was months ago and this work shop and I don't own a hoist.
His comment sounded odd, that why i asked him a question. From the way he words his post it sounded like he only assumed that they damaged it because "he didn't own a hoist" i was just trying to work out if that was the situation i.e did he pick up his car from the workshop and they all saw a problem with the roof????? or did he return it too the workshop something like 3 weeks later and complained to them???? Thats what i was asking.

And if you read his 1st post you will see he never mention that they refused to fix it! He threw the comment in many posts later.

I dont know the workshop or work their. :
Old 18-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #45
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If i owned a workshop i would be ****ed if i was named in this thread - so someone comes on here with zero postcount that has just joined makes an allegation against a forum sponser and suddenly everyone is saying "name the ba$stards"....fug that! Nothing personal Boss-290....
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 11:13 AM   #46
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Blah, it's too early in the morning....
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 11:21 AM   #47
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

none of us know if he is making it up but your posts make him out to be a liar, so what if he is new on forum,does that make his complaint and asking for advice mean less.
I think Not.as for asking how he knows damage was done there,well i for one would be pretty sure after seeing my car under their hoist and finding damage that it was a safe bet as to when and where it occured.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #48
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This is the last time

Everyone get off their damn horse and get to the point of the issue.

The thread will be deleted if this continues.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #49
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I think that if your going to stack cars in a workshop you'd at least cover up the lower car or better yet dont stack the cars. That sounds like a rather bad idea to me. Even if the car gets fixed and paid for by the workshop the customer has to loose his car for days which is a pain in the butt.
I'd like to know why at this point the workshop is refusing to pay for the damage seeing as they chose to place the car under an obviously leaking second car. I would never go to this workshop if I found out who it was.
Old 18-12-2005, 11:53 AM   #50
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

this is a issue that should be taken up between the workshop and the customer . it has nothing to do with anyone on this site, we dont know the full story we only have i side of it . the damage on the roof could be a small scratch as far as we know because we have only heard one side!! the workshop may be refusing to take responsabilty because maybee they believe it wasnt there fault . there are correct channels to take and putting their name on a public forum is not the correct channel site sponsor or not .
scare tactics are for those who only have half a case!!!!

i suggest this thread get locked and the member get proper legal advice.
the VACC would be a good place to start.

and by the way i am not the sponsor in question!!!!
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #51
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Blah, it's too early in the morning....
Yes true, but some of us IDIOTS work 7 days a week : and rely on a great forum like this to keep us mentaly alive.
Old 18-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #52
BOSS_290
Starter Motor

I have not posted up who it is and I don't think I will BUT let’s see what the out come is tomorrow, so I think I deserve some credit. I see the sponsor involved has not posted in!!!
BOSS_290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 08:20 PM   #53
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

This thread was removed at the request of Boss_290 however I have advised him that it should not be and thus I have restored it - I gather from the PM I received that he has achieved some satisfaction in this matter but if it is good enough to state the issue publicly then it is also good enough to state the resolution publicly.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 08:44 PM   #54
Chris
AFF.com.au

Being a site sponsor, and being entrusted with some fine amazing vehicles, I feel compelled to comment.

Being a smaller operator, relationships mean everything. I know guys who will not leave a GT or GTP with anyone. People build a rapport with a certain workshop, trust is built, and they are then entrusted with the vehicle.

I have been a victim of sorts when I had a forum members car in my shop, and it was damaged whilst in the carpark. The damage was a small depression in the plastic part of the bumper.

Actually, it is pure conjecture as to when and where the car was damaged, however the owner first noticed it at MY shop.

I paid for it. Not with a business cheque either, it was out of my own pocket.

My advice here is that both parties (and I cannot imagine it to be me, as I wouldn't park a GT under a hoist) need to make communication directed towards a resoloution that

1. deals with the issue financially

2. deals with the client/vendor relationship

3. gives all parties satisfaction.

My clients are my life, and honesty is the best policy always. Big deal, mistakes can be made, we are all only human. Its the way in which you deal with it that makes it right or wrong.

Good luck with it Boss 290, take a mature tack with some patience and understanding, I hope it gets resolved.

Chris
Bluepower Racing Developments.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #55
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:

Brenx, you may be well equiped to handle every one of these "1/2 day jobs , just like most other mechanics , but unfortunately in the real world there are many reasons why this is impossible to do every time ! just a couple of examples are ( and this happens more than you could imagine ) wrong parts supplied by the supplier , and cant be rectified till the next day , waiting for some other trades man to complete an outsourced component ( Say a fly wheel to be machined by a machine shop , or a head , a component needing a sleeve fitted ) who has a heavy workload and cant do his part instantly ! these are just a few things that in the real world or unavoidable. i know this , because I been in this exact same position many times !

i dont think a problem with a mechanic should be aired on a forum untill the situation has become untenable and all negotiations to a reasonable solution that satisfies both parties . Especialy a site sponsor, as I dont beleive a site sponsor has intentionaly done something wrong! In this day and age of technology in automotive paints , I am curious as to what subatance is beleived to have dripped from the "PIG OF A CAR" onto the roof of said vehicle , needing to be repainted ?

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 10:04 PM   #56
gtfpv
GT

hope you get it sorted mate. also i hope you found it at the shop when you picked it up . but in all honesty if they did it they would know regardless . so if theyu are honest they should fix it . if they aren't then let everyone here know who they are . but give them every chance 1st . and dont fry anyone unless you are 100% correct otherwise there are consequences . good luck.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 02:30 AM   #57
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, you should be a little more specific as to what exactly happened to your car that night under the "offending" hoist. The more experinced members would have taken digital pics and let us all see exactly what happened, I mean the majority of members know what certain auto fluids can do to paintwork, brake fluid and automatic transmission fluid etc..... but it has been left open to speculation and so on and the thread has been a bunfight over the fairness of the workshops responses. I am suggesting that these sort of threads become locked unless pics are posted of the offending workmanship or damage in the first post, just to clarify these sorts of situations and prevent the forums being clogged with useless posts based on loose accounts and heated stories.
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 05:19 PM   #58
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

This thread is useless without PICS...............

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #59
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
You said it yourself up there.
Now, for the record, what happens if the paint is damaged, BOSS_290 tells the sponser who then pays for the damage and makes ammends to BOSS_290's complete satisfaction? All walk away happy... except the sponser has been publically nailed for a mistake that they have accepted and paid for? Is this fair?

YES! 100%

They made a mistake and fixed it, that's a good thing!

However I think there was no point getting upset about some buggered paint unless they would not be prepaired to have it repaired properly. Maybe if they dropped the other car on it, but come on, it's paint. Unless you have chameleon no need to be too upset.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #60
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

When i was doing my apprecticeship a few years ago, my old boss would double book and over book time and time again and we would have cars bloody everywhere, 4 cars on 2 hoists ( obviously one under the other on each hoist, but if ya dumb enough to question that you shouldnt be on a car forum :P ) almost every night and we would have real funboxes in leaking everywhere at times, however after a bit of harrassment he bought covers that we would use overnight rather than try to get oil and coolant off in the morning..... point is any reputable workshop should have some sort of contingency for overbooking, covers on the lower cars on hoists, tidy the workshop so one or 2 more cars can be parked in there ( i dont think theres a workshop around that hasnt got a pile of junk that cant be cleaned to fit another car or 2 in ), and then these small which turn out to be massive problems can be avoided....
cheers