Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #31
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont
me. I'll go buy a FPV tomorow an F6 310. Then I'm going down to the holden dealer (or wherever) to get one of those windscreen Holden stickers.

I'm gonna stick that on my F6 310 and call it my F6 special by Holden. It'll be a one off, much better than those 200 that FPV can do.

If I'm lucky I might do 2 more then it'll be more collectable than a phase IV.

To highlight the power of the holden windscreen sticker I'm gonna put an extra 0 on the 310 and a red stripe underneath the 3100. 3100 beats 310 everytime. Otherwise the car will be standard.

I'm then going to market it at a major car show and release a statement saying its collektable and a sure fire way to get some moolah.

And a day later I'm going to accuse the Ford faithful that bag it, a bunch of pussies, and then wonder why the regular range doesn't sell.

Transalation:
Holden markets its cars better, and leverages the "high performance" of the special commodores so that even the basic one has that halo about it.

Funnily enough they got it from a car maker who used a similar strategy in the late 60's and early 70s' That manufacturer was Ford.

Not until they start marketing the car on its merits or build the mongrel to end all mongel falcons will this change.

Sad fact is that the next falcon will probably be that in badge only, because the tools at campbellfield didn't put up a fight.

<end rant>
Mate that's crap and you know it.
Even your mates at Holden are doing a stickers and badge aniversary special...and they've been in the business a lot longer than FPV.
Ford fans seem to critique their alleged favourite marque very, very harshly.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #32
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought it would have 380kW... ecclipsing(sp?) the W327.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #33
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Since when has 5 years ever been a milestone
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #34
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
Mate that's crap and you know it.
Even your mates at Holden are doing a stickers and badge aniversary special...and they've been in the business a lot longer than FPV.
Ford fans seem to critique their alleged favourite marque very, very harshly.

I agree!!!
By the sounds of it there aren't a lot of actual Ford Fans on this Forum. I think everyone is just getting their hopes up for a 1000kw "supercar" that suits every persons tastes, from an old lady to the rich Ferarri lover!

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #35
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
It's not really a matter of it being a milestone, it's a marketing approach, any good bussiness will try to sell their product at their best abiltity, and this is a way of selling a product to a consummer........
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #36
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
I agree!!!
By the sounds of it there aren't a lot of actual Ford Fans on this Forum. I think everyone is just getting their hopes up for a 1000kw "supercar" that suits every persons tastes, from an old lady to the rich Ferarri lover!
I can't speak for everyone but I am not expecting power increases with these models. However I do expect something a little more than a silly sticker and badge. If it is a limited edition how about adding proper features to it to make it feel special. Items such as the ones below would add a little more credibility to the "special" edition. I am not saying do then all and there are other interior highlights that could be added too. If FPV want to build a reputation and really differentiate their cars from the common Ford Falcon's then they really need to put in some effort, yeah it will cost $$, but unless you're prepared to put in the effort then don't bother.

1) Xenon lights
2) A different exhaust package
3) A different suspension package (i.e adjustable, MRC)
4) Wider tyre package for the rear
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #37
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

i think it would be quite an engineering exercise to throw on a supercharger for a 5 year special edition.....cost vs benefit

Anyway, those wheels look very similar in design to the old E46 BMW M3 wheels
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #38
Sprint347
Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
I agree!!!
There are alot of Ford fans who are disheartened constantly

30th Anniversary GT - Custom interior/brakes/exhaust/different engine/different transmission

40th Anniversary GT - Stickers, shock absorbers and embroided seats
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It appears allot of people that frequent these forums are really not understanding the market place at the moment.
"Sticker specials" are a reality, HSV are doing them in response to FPV's recent success with the 40th and Cobra.
Both companies will milk them for all they're worth because they appear to work, at least for the moment.
There simply isn't any money in the cookie jar for special one offs beyond add-ons and bolt-ons, nor will companies risk precious R+D money going against the trends, given the current state of our automotive market and global uncertanties.
The W427 would get canned immediately had it been conceived in the past 6 months, its only saving grace was it was too far down the track to turn back.
Personaly i'l be glad if FPV (and HSV) are still alive in 2 years let alone hope for anything else....

Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #40
Sprint347
Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
It appears allot of people that frequent these forums are really not understanding the market place at the moment.
"Sticker specials" are a reality, HSV are doing them in response to FPV's recent success with the 40th and Cobra.
Both companies will milk them for all they're worth because they appear to work, at least for the moment.
There simply isn't any money in the cookie jar for special one offs beyond add-ons and bolt-ons, nor will companies risk precious R+D money going against the trends, given the current state of our automotive market and global uncertanties.
The W427 would get canned immediately had it been conceived in the past 6 months, its only saving grace was it was too far down the track to turn back.
Personaly i'l be glad if FPV (and HSV) are still alive in 2 years let alone hope for anything else....
Are you on the Ford payroll?
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrane
Are you on the Ford payroll?
No, not at all, im just a realist instead of a whining negative in-great with a poor understanding of the current picture....

Old 09-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #42
Sprint347
Tickford

"The W427 would get canned immediately had it been conceived in the past 6 months, its only saving grace was it was too far down the track to turn back."

I find that HILARIOUS considering the number of people who missed out on getting one
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #43
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I find that HILARIOUS considering the number of people who missed out on getting one
Given i worked on the project id suggest id have a better idea than you...

Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #44
Sprint347
Tickford

Quote:
No, not at all, im just a realist instead of a whining negative in-great with a poor understanding of the current picture....
Was that aimed directly at me?
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Old 09-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #45
Sprint347
Tickford

Quote:
Given i worked on the project id suggest id have a better idea than you...
So you're saying given the opportunity, they wouldn't have made the car today?
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Old 09-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #46
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you're saying given the opportunity, they wouldn't have made the car today?
Im saying i believe that "business model" would not get past management and the bean counters under TODAY'S economic climate, with spiraling fuel costs, poor performing local car industry and poor sales performance of V8's in general etc ... It was ok 12 months ago, but today is a totally different story.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #47
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

in this day and age where everything is getting more and more expensive, i like it and i think it is a nice job done by fpv, i would buy it i think it is nice that they chose two very nice presigious colours and wheels, well done i like what i see

Last edited by ieatsports_cars; 09-10-2008 at 07:07 PM.
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #48
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Good package, does the job, special to peope who want something unique but not over the top. The 40th and Cobra seem silly now, they should have been more. But they sold well and have good resale...and thats what FPV want

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #49
kocho
The Futuriser

I think its good aswell.

Nice wheels!

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #50
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
It's not really a matter of it being a milestone, it's a marketing approach, any good bussiness will try to sell their product at their best abiltity, and this is a way of selling a product to a consummer........
No kidding

And that's exactly what it smacks of, a lame marketing approach by a lame marketing team that could not think of anything better.

Having said that if the stripes, stickers and badges were deleted it would look quite good, the wheels are ok at least they are something different.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #51
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE

Probably feels like 50 at Fpv with the amount of staff turnover and number of cars released in that time.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #52
spatel
Falcon Fan!

After all this backlash to this, yip I do agree it is a little understated for a special edition but remember, their aim is to see 200 of these puppies see out and they probaby will.

Who wil buy it? Cobra & 40th eddition 'type' buyers who thrive on owning someting slightly different to everyone else. If others are buying standard FG GT's, I'll buy one different and limited edition.

But I do hope to see some editions with a difference, especially something off thee F6 310!!!!!!!!!
spatel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #53
efI_Fairmont

Quote:
Very well said. And I think there is alot of misconceptions out there as to exactly how much R&D it costs to just "chuck on a supercharger" etc etc. The economic climate, fuel prices, slowing sales in the automative industry in general etc have ruled out much more then these "sticker" packs. As pointed out, HSV are doing the same thing. And if they help to improve sales, they will continue the trend. Like 4V man said, hopefully both HSV and FPV are alive and well in the future. It's not idea from an enthusiasts point-of-view, but on the positive side least it's got new wheels!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #54
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Boy am I glad to have taken back my deposit.
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #55
wild6
wild6

at least its got new wheels about time fpv got there act together in the wheels department getting sick of seeing the same wheels as bf on them
wild6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #56
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks better in the pictures... Just saw it at the Sydney Motor Show (black one) rotating up on the stand. They really need to get their act together on the display of their cars. It had visible scratches and swirls in the black paintwork and there were finger prints all over it (no idea how this could happen as it is raised up on a rotating stand that you can't get onto so I'd say it was Ford staff that did it). I reckon they just trucked it up and didn't bother cleaning it for the show.
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #57
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Dateline: 25/2/2010
FPV releases new flagship cult car.
FPV today announced the FPV Focus XR5ST to a crowd of journalists
(well 2) amidst an air of stunned silence. The new model delivers an additional 3 kW of power thanks to an improved CAI and exhaust and incorporates the new FPV pearlescent stripe package along with 15" alloy wheels and FPV logos on the front seats.

An FPV spokesman answered criticism of the new wheel and stripes package by pointing out that it was what they had always done and the cars had still managed to sell under difficult market conditions. "Today's consumer is more interested in presentation than performance" the spokesman said "and FPV is merely meeting market expectations in delivering on our promise of Bling Inc. which replaced the former Performance Inc. slogan in 2008 after the release of the 5th Anniversary FPV GT."

Former senior members of Fordforums Australia (which was abandoned in early 2009 after all hope was lost) were approached for comment but nothing more than a few tears was forthcoming as they ran away seeking additional medication after being shown pictures of the new car.

The FPV spokesman advised that only 20 of the new Focus model were being produced to meet consumer demand before he had to hurry away to his part time job at Hungry jacks.

The RRP for the new vehicle is expected to be $62,744.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #58
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Yet it will sell because its a "special"...
I think it will Sell because its an optioned up GT with new 19s.
For those looking at buying a GT or GT-P anytime soon now have another choice with more options for less. The marketing that it's "Special" is just the icing on the cake.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #59
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Dateline: 25/2/2010
FPV releases new flagship cult car.
FPV today announced the FPV Focus XR5ST to a crowd of journalists
(well 2) amidst an air of stunned silence. The new model delivers an additional 3 kW of power thanks to an improved CAI and exhaust and incorporates the new FPV pearlescent stripe package along with 15" alloy wheels and FPV logos on the front seats.

An FPV spokesman answered criticism of the new wheel and stripes package by pointing out that it was what they had always done and the cars had still managed to sell under difficult market conditions. "Today's consumer is more interested in presentation than performance" the spokesman said "and FPV is merely meeting market expectations in delivering on our promise of Bling Inc. which replaced the former Performance Inc. slogan in 2008 after the release of the 5th Anniversary FPV GT."

Former senior members of Fordforums Australia (which was abandoned in early 2009 after all hope was lost) were approached for comment but nothing more than a few tears was forthcoming as they ran away seeking additional medication after being shown pictures of the new car.

The FPV spokesman advised that only 20 of the new Focus model were being produced to meet consumer demand before he had to hurry away to his part time job at Hungry jacks.

The RRP for the new vehicle is expected to be $62,744.

Could this be an insight to the future ?

Could these two be the "Average Consumer"

Could badges and decals make up for 99% of all FPV options in 2010 ?

Could Sourbastard be ordained the Catholic Arch Bishop ?

Could i be dreaming ?...................
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #60
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holden has release two new ones as well

http://www.hsv.com.au/anniversaries/

click on link....

.................................................. .................................................. .........
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post