Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #31
GK
Walking with God

I've only had 2 vehicles from brand spanking new.

99 Laser Redline
01 Honda VRF 800

Both gave, (the Honda still gives) outstanding reliability. I sold the Laser with 238,000kays and the new owner was really happy with it, until she crashed it that is!

My 2 AUs were both bought second hand, as was my next Laser a 95 model. All 3 gave (the AU's still give) me trouble.

If I had the money and didn't have to take out a large loan, I would buy new. Next best option would be to get a car, one year old, with the few years of warranty left.

You pay either way I reckon, new cars suffer incredible depreciation (no matter if you keep cars for ages though) but you get the factory backup, but still pay heaps for serivicing.

A second handy saves you heaps initially, but could cost you just as much in the long run with repairs if it's not a good one.

If I earnt another 10K per year, I'd buy a new car every 4 years or so. Can't afford to, so my second handies (which I love - especially when they're giving no trouble) stay with us a while and get fixed up and modded along the way.

All the best with your choice.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote