Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #31
whiskieboy

So what is the " HOON " line Phone Number? so I can key it into my phone.....
or where would I find it
whiskieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #32
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

yea what is it?

I want to ring them up when im drunk lol
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #33
BOOSTMYEF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW Boy
Hey all, we'll on my way home today, cruising down a main HWY there’s this tool driving his VN commodore, mainly red, different colours here n there, P plater. So he's changing lines across 3 to the left and back to the right a minute later, speeding, threw a can out the window, tailgating people, stops at the lights n does a burnout (single pegger) in full traffic at 2pm in the arvo.

most of these things wouldn’t bother me except the tailgating mainly as it is so obviously dangerous, so I got the guys rego, my question is should I call this "hoon" hotline that everyone (including me) is/was against or not?

The other thing that ****s me is this idiot gives every other P plater a bad name, and then because people affiliate P platers with modded cars, then we all get tarred with the same brush, so to speak.

Also can these people who are “dobbed” in get my details by any chance?

What do you guys reckon?

Take the law into your own hands, find out where he lives, go down to coles, buy your self some eggs, $1.99 a dozen these days, & egg his f k n car

If you cbf, then just let it go, whats the point?

You'l be glad that you didnt do it, otherwise he may find out where you live and egg your car

Eggs are the danger in society these days

They should have a " hot line " for that sh i t

:
BOOSTMYEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #34
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskieboy
So what is the " HOON " line Phone Number? so I can key it into my phone.....
or where would I find it
1800 551 800
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #35
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Nah.. don't do it. Don't dob him in. Just let him keep his license and continue to drive like an idiot.

Just as long as he doesn't kill your Mother, Father, Brother, Sister or any of your relatives and friends on the road, but happens to take out somebody elses Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, relative or friend, it's okay. Right???? _

He'll get what's coming to him.. in due time. The day will come when he takes himself out, crashing heavily... into another car with a Mother and her baby (your Wife and child??), who also die at the scene. At least he'll be dead. Right?? _

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #36
BOOSTMYEF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
Nah.. don't do it. Don't dob him in. Just let him keep his license and continue to drive like an idiot.

Just as long as he doesn't kill your Mother, Father, Brother, Sister or any of your relatives and friends on the road, but happens to take out somebody elses Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, relative or friend, it's okay. Right???? _

He'll get what's coming to him.. in due time. The day will come when he takes himself out, crashing heavily... into another car with a Mother and her baby (your Wife and child??), who also die at the scene. At least he'll be dead. Right?? _
What if you have no brothers and sisters?

Or if your an international student studying over here, and the rest of your family is overseas?
Old 24-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #37
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTMYEF
What if you have no brothers and sisters?

Or if your an international student studying over here, and the rest of your family is overseas?
Well then they can all come see YOU at the Morgue... when he takes YOU out.

And your Mother and Father will stand above your stone cold mangled body asking.. Why??

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #38
BOOSTMYEF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
Well then they all can come see you at the Morgue... when he takes YOU out.

And your Mother and Father will stand above your stone cold mangled body asking.. Why??
Man, you guys are way too serious about this

How often, no matter how good of a driver you are, have you been speeding, making an illegal turn here and there, maybe following a little too close, running red lights, ripping skids and maybe driving with no license?

Everyone has their bad days, some permanently have a bad day, and drive like that all the time, maybe it was just his one day, he could be having family problems, maybe someone ran his mother or father over and he was going to the hospital?

The skid at the lights could have been because the VN has a lot of power, they were released with a 125 odd KW, what do you expect!

Maybe he had a stally, and gave it to much stick?

You just dont know these days, anything could be the case.. give the guy a break, we all do it sometime, you wouldnt want someone else dobing you in if you were on the way to the hospital now would you?

Think about it..
Old 25-07-2006, 02:21 AM   #39
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

One of the worst things when driving is smoke but tossers it's dangerous and dirty.
Old 25-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #40
Ringo
I see you....

Sounds like a typical Commydore driver to me....

*Ringo runs away before the hail of angry posts hits the thread
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #41
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

LOL I cant believe it took 2 pages for the typical Commodore driver line to appear.....

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #42
LukeyBAXR6
BA XR6

It's people like this that should be off the roads, whose to say that if you don't report him he won't continue on doing it. 012 is right, just not worth having him on the roads.. or no one knowing about the way he drives.

Fair enough i wouldn't like this hotline, but for people who are actually breaking the law like this deserve to be reported.
Old 25-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #43
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
LOL I cant believe it took 2 pages for the typical Commodore driver line to appear.....
Yep, and only a half hour for a holden supporter to have a cry about it...
:the_finge

But i agree with 012, you should dob em in, better that then they hurt themselves or somebody else. (no matter what the brand of car they're in)
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #44
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

I dont agree with this Hoon hotline thing. But we must have some degree of perceived appropriate behavior on our roads. Laws(however unjust,unfair,bias,or just plain stupid) hold a society together..If we had a more knowledgable input into our road laws, half the shlt that happens on our raods would cease..But without some sort of regularity structure our roads would be chaos/anarchy..Rant end..Imo..
Old 25-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #45
LTDHO
The one and only

If he did one thing wrong. Then I'd say no.
But as several wrongs were done, I'd report him. Obviously showing no respect for the road or it's users.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #46
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

personally i wouldn't bother reporting it. these guys eventually get what's coming to them, one way or another.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #47
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah a concrete power pole or his car in someone's lounge room after the police "allege" they called off the pursuit (typical P plater hoonism that is portrayed in the media)!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #48
Trevorrex
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
Don’t dob him in, let some Camry driving do-gooder do that and mind your own business. This retard will get what’s coming to him, either from the law or a telephone pole. The amount of people ringing up the coppers and dobbing in people is beyond the joke.

Not only is it un Australian, it’s un bloke worthy.

And if you do decide to dob him in, you’d best keep it to yourself.
Lagging is a low act.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the biggest piles of rubbish I've ever heard. To start with, I object to the phrase 'Un-Australian' to the highest degree, mostly cause I am utterly fed up with hearing it. But, that rant is for another time.

If 'dobbing him in' somehow saves the lives of a family in a station wagon that happen to stray near this idiot, then I'm all for it. I'm amused you seem to think this persons behaviour may get him wrapped around a telephone pole but you don't seem to think that same behaviour may get other people hurt and killed.
Potentially saving lives is more important than being what you think is 'bloke-worthy'. Just because you disagree with this Hoon Hotline does not mean you should not report him. Don't use it if you don't want to, just call the cops in the normal way.

Your post smacks of complete irresponsibility. I'm just lucky I don't live near where you or that idiot drives. 'Un blokeworthy', that makes me sick.
Trevorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #49
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Aussies dob in droves, one needs only listen to police radio in my area; "cars up on the F3 be on the lookout for black sports car reported speeding 120 to 140km/h on the F3 near Gosford".

Often is its a nice Euro or high-end Jap made sports car - I'm certain that whilst 'speed' might be near truth, or true - that often its a 'class' thing or hang-up on part of the caller, where the caller might not otherwise report a Camry for the same 'offence'.

You have a right to know your accuser, should push come to shove in the highest courts, best people understand that.

All this is a sign of too few police on active HWP duty.

All such lines can do is operate to have the person forwarned, once the person reaches three or so reports, so the person pulls his head in a little.

Personally, I'll only deal with police, and will always back statements up in courts when or if required. You must be prepared to be cross-examined by a barrister or QC/SC. Only ever had to do this once, for an obvious DUI offender.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #50
Neo_nick
Tidy Weekender

Dob him into teh EPA
simple and easy to do online!

Tickford Enhanced Car Club
Neo_nick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #51
Gimmers55
Black Jade Pony

If you are Vic driver, you can report him to the EPA for littering. Note the time; date; location; direction of travel; type, make and colour of car; driver details if known and he'll cop a $120.00+ fine for breaching the litter act. If he takes it to court, he could be up for a lot more. Go to the Vic EPA website for details. Remember to keep notes just in case.

Doesn't deal with the hooning but gives one a sense of satisfaction knowing that at least he'll be out of pocket for being a 'cluster'.
Old 25-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #52
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vic should change their laws to 'dob in a knob.'

weve all been a hoon at some time, dont dob i reckon.
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #53
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmers55
If you are Vic driver, you can report him to the EPA for littering. Note the time; date; location; direction of travel; type, make and colour of car; driver details if known and he'll cop a $120.00+ fine for breaching the litter act. If he takes it to court, he could be up for a lot more. Go to the Vic EPA website for details. Remember to keep notes just in case.

Doesn't deal with the hooning but gives one a sense of satisfaction knowing that at least he'll be out of pocket for being a 'cluster'.
How would they successfuly proescute that?

The accused will say he didnt do it, and the slapper who reported him will say he did.

That dosent hold up in court unfortunately.
Old 25-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #54
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
Vic should change their laws to 'dob in a knob.'

The phones wouldn't stop ringing!!!. love victoria i tell ya!!
Old 25-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #55
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
How would they successfuly proescute that?

The accused will say he didnt do it, and the slapper who reported him will say he did.

That dosent hold up in court unfortunately.
It could easily hold up in court, easy to defend maby, but lets have a look at it.

The accuser does not know the defendant.
The accuser has a writen detail of the incident, including details of the incident itself, the surroundings and the exact time.
The accuser has also signed a statitory deleration stating that the description is true and that they will defend it if it goes to court.

The defendant now has nothing to prove that he did not do the incident and has no viable witness

I would bet 90% of the cases never even see the court as most people would see that paying the fine is easier and cheaper, and the fact that their is no point in defending something if you are guilty of anyway
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #56
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU

The phones wouldn't stop ringing!!!. love victoria i tell ya!!
hahaha rofl

so true
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #57
laneman
HSV. I just ate one!

Unhappy

There is a time and place for everything I reckon,But driving irraticaly on a main H'way isn't one of them.I drive a truck for a living and see it every day of the week,so many close calls.I just shake my head and keep a lookout so that they don't hit me.I could ring up a phone bill of thousands reporting **** like that.I reckon don't dob but believe in karma,it will happen soon enough.As for b/outs, tell them to take their car to a b/out comp and prove they have a tough car.The crowd will love you for it!
Old 26-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #58
Gimmers55
Black Jade Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveR6
It could easily hold up in court, easy to defend maby, but lets have a look at it.

The accuser has a writen detail of the incident, including details of the incident itself, the surroundings and the exact time.
The accuser has also signed a statitory deleration stating that the description is true and that they will defend it if it goes to court.

The defendant now has nothing to prove that he did not do the incident and has no viable witness

I would bet 90% of the cases never even see the court as most people would see that paying the fine is easier and cheaper, and the fact that their is no point in defending something if you are guilty of anyway
That is exactly what happens. You can lodge a 'statement' via the EPA's web site or download a proforma report. Both versions require the person making the report to accept the possibility of having to go to Court to testify. On the basis of all probability, it is most likely that the person making the report is describing what happened accurately. For the person being accused to have any chance of not being prosecuted, they would have to prove that they did not commit the offence.

Thousands of drivers, for example, are fined every year for dropping cigarette butts from their cars. This occurs in most states and territories, not just Victoria.

Personally, I find littering repugnant and anyone caught doing it should cop it sweet. I am more than happy to help the Government coffers to swell in this instance because the offence is deliberate, lazy, anti-social, has long-term affects on the environment and demonstrates a distaste for all those others who have to put up with the mess left behind.
Old 26-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #59
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveR6

The defendant can also sign a stat dec in which case his word is as good as the accuser. Before the defendant has to prove that he didnt the accuser has to prove that he did.

You are right most people dont bother taking it to court, that dosent mean that one persons word is enough to make a conviction.

If I went to court i would record the accusers details and dob them into the EPA hotline too.
Then i would dob them into the HOON hotline. :
Old 26-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #60
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

I had a red of the hoon laws today.
1 that you could poke holes in all day is the Noise coming from vehicle, Vehicle braking traction.
So basically the police can get you for playing loud music, Or if you turn a corner and your car has loud screeching tyres can they get you for braking traction then?
Hoon laws should be
Repeat offenders of speeding over 40kp/h, Drag racing, Dangerous driving. Road rage.
Not someone who turns out of a corner infront of traffic and doesn't want to make everyone brake hard behind them so they step on it and do a small wheelie.