Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #31
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Is it road legal? (im not saying it isnt)..
Does it pass all the ADR's?
Sorry for the questions, but i CBF'd buying wheels just to make some kind of sence out of all this and get some kind of "perspective"....
I don't know either mate but what I presume is that these cars are sold like you would buy from any dealership.

I don't buy any car magazines. Never have and never will. Don't really care about them
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I don't know either mate but what I presume is that these cars are sold like you would buy from any dealership.

I don't buy any car magazines. Never have and never will. Don't really care about them
No probs.. i guess the "one off" status probably answers most of my questions anyway..
You dont make a road legal, warrantable product a "one off" if its financially profitable and viable do you..

Old 21-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #33
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
Is it just me, or is the voice over bloke from Ironchef on that video?
YES!
I think it is, i was more interested in that fact than the actual video...
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #34
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One major point...........................

What do they do with the original motor? : : :
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #35
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
YES!
I think it is, i was more interested in that fact than the actual video...

Thats gold!!!
Old 21-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
No probs.. i guess the "one off" status probably answers most of my questions anyway..
You dont make a road legal, warrantable product a "one off" if its financially profitable and viable do you..
You may be able to make it, but having the market for it is another thing.

Like people have said a lot of people mod the crap out of their cars and get better results for a lot less, so it's fair to say that a lot of enthusiasts don't care about legalities. Personally speaking I want my car to be as legal as possible when mod time comes about.
Old 21-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #37
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
potenze re070 is only available in 225 45 17 and no other size. this tyre was specially made for the subaru impreza sti 05 onwards model.
Yeah only one size of RE070 is avail. It was too late to edit my post when I realized that.... and I think it's 225/45R18... rather than 225/45R17.

More sizes should be available soon since they're also the OEM tyres for Nissan GT-R.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #38
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
One major point...........................

What do they do with the original motor? : : :
it's put to good use powering the windscreen wipers

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #39
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
If it is the genuine 7L corvette engine I wonder how they got it ADR and Euro3 certified?
I suppose a phone call to CSV will solve all the mysteries.....
I don't see why being Euro III compliant would be hard? The car those things are in is globally legal and sold in Europe, so...

Unless Australia has funky laws and doesn't care that the rest of the planet thinks its ok...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #40
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dare say the original motor has a potential market value of 10k, so if CSV keep your motor then effectively you have paid an extra 10k more than you should if they are keeping parts off your car.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
I don't see why being Euro III compliant would be hard? The car those things are in is globally legal and sold in Europe, so...

Unless Australia has funky laws and doesn't care that the rest of the planet thinks its ok...
You'd be surprised Steffo..
I can't name brands here but I know of one particular situation where 2 different vehicles had the same engine avaliable in each model as an option but only 1 vehicle passed euro 3 with that engine fitted, the set-up had to be modifed and re engineered slightly in the second vehicle to compensate for whatever was throwing out the readings..

Old 21-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #42
drracing108
au1xlsv8

the csv has an otrcai (mafless tuned) apparently is quite loud, so the exhaust isnt to "restrictive", also, think wat would happen if you dropped a decent cam and set of springs in there,, woah, say goodbye to 12's and possibly 11's with an after market exhaust and tune
Old 21-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #43
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on guys its an aussie machine power house now, although the engine may not be.. its 37k extra on top because the LS7 is $22k straight out of the GM parts catalogue.. 12k for fitting, custom sump, air intake, +tuning and making it road worthy. i can see where the extra cash goes.. and its not like its slow..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #44
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Come on guys its an aussie machine power house now, although the engine may not be.. its 37k extra on top because the LS7 is $22k straight out of the GM parts catalogue.. 12k for fitting, custom sump, air intake, +tuning and making it road worthy. i can see where the extra cash goes.. and its not like its slow..
The LS7 is not $22,000 in anyone's Dollar.

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=222291

$12,269.95 US which is $14,064.44 AU. Even with shipping here its not close to being $22,000.

:
Old 22-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #45
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

For a guy who lives a breathes googlised trivia you sure do come out with some strange statements.
In order to have a vehicle comply you don't just fill out a form and press a button on the ADR-compliance-ometer.
Testing costs time and money, LOTS OF MONEY which has to be amortised over the vehicles sold.
If other countries' tests were valid you would be able to buy squillions of Jap or Euro rockets for peanuts and just register them wouldn't you?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 03:00 AM   #46
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think the GTS-R will produce 400kw in VE trim but with some traction it should be atleast as quick as this version. Orion F6 could be as fast as this potentially for half the price but it probably wont have the terminal speed.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 03:47 AM   #47
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
For a guy who lives a breathes googlised trivia you sure do come out with some strange statements.
In order to have a vehicle comply you don't just fill out a form and press a button on the ADR-compliance-ometer.
Testing costs time and money, LOTS OF MONEY which has to be amortised over the vehicles sold.
If other countries' tests were valid you would be able to buy squillions of Jap or Euro rockets for peanuts and just register them wouldn't you?
I would have just assumed that something that passes Euro V emissions regulations would have absolutley no trouble being legalised in this country which is two steps behind...

:
Old 22-11-2007, 07:22 AM   #48
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Yeah only one size of RE070 is avail. It was too late to edit my post when I realized that.... and I think it's 225/45R18... rather than 225/45R17.

More sizes should be available soon since they're also the OEM tyres for Nissan GT-R.
They are 225/45R17 mate ;)

Awesome tyres though!
Old 22-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #49
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would have just assumed that something that passes Euro V emissions regulations would have absolutley no trouble being legalised in this country which is two steps behind...
Steffo, you still need to do all the testing and certification here using the engine fitted to the model in question...
It might fly under the radar in some states due to its "one off" not forsale status? but if they went into production it would mean full blown testing.

Old 22-11-2007, 08:37 AM   #50
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people should stop looking at the 12.9 and start looking at the 116mph which is good for 11's!
RavenLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #51
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenLS1
people should stop looking at the 12.9 and start looking at the 116mph which is good for 11's!
True.. is the car even set-up properly to use 400KW effectively anyway? i.e suspension, gearing, chassis etc..

Old 22-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #52
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys are missing the point big time. CSV is not Corsa. its Chevrolet Special Vehicles

These are factory LS7 VE GTS Commodores for the middle east.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...n-middle-east/
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #53
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

That definitely puts a new light on things then... if that's the case.

I think it's a good bit of kit, and some people seem to miss the point when it comes to the average purchaser of such cars just wanting the "looks good and goes fast thing" instead of going "well, here's a good base to start with."

For instance, my old man bought an F6 because it looked hot and was damn quick. Not to mod it, and nor would he intend to. Just as if he was in the market for such a car as a 400kw VE. He'd probably be aware that you could go out and buy a VE GTS and keep the cash and then make it faster, but that's not really in his interest now is it...
Old 22-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #54
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
You guys are missing the point big time. CSV is not Corsa. its Chevrolet Special Vehicles

i didn't see anything in that link to say these are factory LS7's...

all it says it's the same LS2 6.0 Litre as we have here... 400hp(307kw)
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #55
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

So did they keep the dry sump for the LS7 or are they using a wet sump?

Does it run the same diff and gearbox as the HSV’s? Wouldn’t there durability be a bit less with the LS7?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #56
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Umm Aren't LS7's big block's like the LS6???
Old 22-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #57
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPK-250
Umm Aren't LS7's big block's like the LS6???
No. Physically, they are about the same size as an LS2 and weigh the same.

LS6 was not a big block either. It was pretty much an LS1 with different heads and cam and was still a 5.7L.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #58
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
No. Physically, they are about the same size as an LS2 and weigh the same.

LS6 was not a big block either. It was pretty much an LS1 with different heads and cam and was still a 5.7L.
Geez with that much boring the LS7 might as well be made of tin foil.

I have heard from a few engine builders that the LS1 is a disposable piece of junk compared to the old 304. I wonder how reliable the LS7 is??
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #59
drracing108
au1xlsv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c

yes it is corsa, same logo. ran by the same guy (Peter Dichiera) it says in the mag
Old 23-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #60
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Pfft.... Wheels sure has sunk pretty low hey - lets put tuner cars in our magazine. Leave it for Street Machine....
If HSV make this thing, they'd better make sure the thing loses weight - like a 2 tonne thing is going to be a track-worthy car. AND at least put some good rubber on it.

HSV may as well face it - a small Australian company cannot compete with the M5 - the m5 weighs 300kgs less, an also has luxury as well as being hardcore. Unless they use aluminium suspension and panels (which they can't afford), HSV (or FPV ftm) don't stand a chance against the elite Teutonic rivals.

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post