Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #31
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To the people saying "good on em" "they're just human" Yeah that's correct, they are, but they are also the ones who are happy to take your licence away for doing the exact same thing.

We hear how sports stars are meant to behave because they are role models (which is bs) and the police are the same.

They should be on best behaviour 24/7, especially when in public view.

I was at a car wash and saw a fully marked XR6 turbo absolutely belting it through 3 gears, round the round-a-bout and back down the same road same thing, rinse and repeat.. Whereas if I did that I'd be on the news as the world's worst man
Old 27-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #32
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

I have been chipped for doing the same thing in a TRD Aurion V XR8 - just testing the torque steer on the Toyota boss
Old 27-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #33
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Some cops are just idiots and yet a few ive met have been totally insanely awesome
One night me mate got his drink spiked at the club and passed out accross the road, then when we found him the cops where trying to get his name and when he saw us, he unzipped his pants and started ****ing on the cop car! And all the cops did was laugh their heads off and ask if we could take him home :|

Case2 was when i came out of the superwash and the back end of me ute just whipped out into a full drift cause the foam wash had killed my tyres traction, and me being a P plater, seeing the cop car behind me afterwards was a heart attack shock, then at the lights he goes up next to me and says "Fun isnt it!?!"
My mate who's parents own the superwash says it happens all the time to unsuspecting people haha
Old 27-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #34
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
Some cops are just idiots and yet a few ive met have been totally insanely awesome
One night me mate got his drink spiked at the club and passed out accross the road, then when we found him the cops where trying to get his name and when he saw us, he unzipped his pants and started ****ing on the cop car! And all the cops did was laugh their heads off and ask if we could take him home :|

Case2 was when i came out of the superwash and the back end of me ute just whipped out into a full drift cause the foam wash had killed my tyres traction, and me being a P plater, seeing the cop car behind me afterwards was a heart attack shock, then at the lights he goes up next to me and says "Fun isnt it!?!"
My mate who's parents own the superwash says it happens all the time to unsuspecting people haha
Gee, 2 things that I thought were only ever PUM's actually happening to one bloke!!! Who would have thought!
Old 27-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
To the people saying "good on em" "they're just human" Yeah that's correct, they are, but they are also the ones who are happy to take your licence away for doing the exact same thing.

We hear how sports stars are meant to behave because they are role models (which is bs) and the police are the same.

They should be on best behaviour 24/7, especially when in public view.

I was at a car wash and saw a fully marked XR6 turbo absolutely belting it through 3 gears, round the round-a-bout and back down the same road same thing, rinse and repeat.. Whereas if I did that I'd be on the news as the world's worst man
Exactly, yes they are human but they are to lead by example. Yes they are highly trained drivers, but does that give them the right to drive recklessly and furthermore disobey they law of which they are supposed to be enforcing?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #36
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Exactly, yes they are human but they are to lead by example. Yes they are highly trained drivers, but does that give them the right to drive recklessly and furthermore disobey they law of which they are supposed to be enforcing?
yeah and footballers shouldnt run around glassing their girlfriends...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #37
IAM58L

I say impound their cars. Fair is fair its street racing after all. As for highly trained, yeah right if thats what you want to believe. If that was the case the xr would not have been going gutter to gutter. I hope he indicated his lane changes.
Built by me in my shed.
IAM58L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #38
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well just to balence my previous post, my first car was a VK commodore, dumped exhaust after the first muffler as I couldn't afford a decent system at the time (smelt horrid!) with a dirty old black 202ci in it... LOUD is barely fitting!

Was hooting along near botanic gardens in brisbane and got pulled up, explained how I'd been "testing" the new exhaust and yes I was being a fool etc, crapping my pants the whole time I was babbling on to them thinking it was the impound lot for me.

He simply turned around and said "it'll be good once you've done it up properly, just don't be a fool, I know what its like, I used to own a 9 second HQ".... at which point my jaw dropped....
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #39
XlR8TED

Quote:
I'll bet Lewis Hamilton is a better driver than any copper, yet he gets pinged for laying a bit of rubber.

When you're responsible for enforcing a rule, you've got to lead by example. They're human, they make mistakes, but let's be honest. A drag race isn't a mistake. It's knowing you can get away with doing the wrong thing, which is the exact definition of lacking integrity.

A lot of people have stressful jobs & they manage to behave. No excuses.

XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #40
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex
I'll bet Lewis Hamilton is a better driver than any copper, yet he gets pinged for laying a bit of rubber.

When you're responsible for enforcing a rule, you've got to lead by example. They're human, they make mistakes, but let's be honest. A drag race isn't a mistake. It's knowing you can get away with doing the wrong thing, which is the exact definition of lacking integrity.

Was going to bring up the Hamilton incident... No Highway Patrol driver can be compared to a F1 World Champion. And yet Lewis must abide by the law, and Highway Patrol Officers can drag race off the lights? Sure we may all want to, but does that mean we allow those who are to enforce the law to do whatever they want and have them fine us for doing it too?

If so, we may as well copy China's Police force. Do as I say, not as I do!

And last I checked, the public have every right to ask why... its a Democracy not a Communist country.

In my experience, it seems that the more populated an area, the less discretion some Police have with their own actions, and judging the actions of others. Not all the time, please hear that I'm not typing Hate Police dibble, but making an observation.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #41
dsyfer

Perhaps they momentarily forgot their oath or affirmation (sorry about caps, copied and pasted):

OATH OF OFFICE - POLICE OFFICER

I........................DO SWEAR - THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN LADY THE QUEEN - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOUR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED - THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE - HER MAJESTY'S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENCES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW.
SO HELP ME GOD.

For those who do not believe in any Faith or such, they can take the Affirmation where the use of a Bible is not required.

AFFIRMATION - POLICE OFFICER

I........................DO SOLEMNLY - SINCERELY AND TRULY DECLARE AND
AFFIRM - THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN LADY
THE QUEEN - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOUR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED - THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE - HER MAJESTY'S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENCES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW.
dsyfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #42
dopefish

Hmm.. thats a bit disappointing.

I think they're entitled to a bit of leeway sometimes, but that seems a bit over the top.

I bet if the right person was informed they would have received a bollocking when they got back to the station, though.
dopefish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #43
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyfer
Perhaps they momentarily forgot their oath or affirmation (sorry about caps, copied and pasted):

I........................DO SWEAR - THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN LADY THE QUEEN - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOUR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED - THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE - HER MAJESTY'S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENCES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW.
SO HELP ME GOD.

For those who do not believe in any Faith or such, they can take the Affirmation where the use of a Bible is not required.

THE QUEEN - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOUR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED - THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE - HER MAJESTY'S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENCES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW.
hahaha.. and the one i was sworn to as a young fella... NO COMMENT.. NO COMMENT.. NO COMMENT... policemans was heaps cool about it then called me a divvy van...
Old 28-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #44
oranpark addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyfer

SO HELP ME GOD.

Oh God help us. Republic needed...
oranpark addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #45
peeds13
XC AMS

As for the highly trained drivers. I have a cop mate, he's done the police driver training at the collie race track. He cant drive for **** and he knows it too. Plus he only ever had to do the one training course and he's been a cop for 7 years.
peeds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #46
dopefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranpark addict
Oh God help us. Republic needed...
dopefish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #47
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex

Very correct.

Bit rough that Lewis got pinged, but he is not above the law either.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #48
oranpark addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopefish
haha. Took a while for a response to that lol.
oranpark addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Seems some cops will get pinged.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...728-10voi.html

Quote:
Off-duty cop drove at 172km/h say police July 28, 2010 - 3:49PM
.AAP

A senior constable in Perth has been charged with reckless driving and had his car seized after he allegedly drove more than 70km/h over the speed limit.

Police allege that early on July 23 the off-duty officer was driving along the Roe Highway exit in Perth's southeast when his car was clocked at 172km/h in a 100km/h zone.

The officer has been charged by summons and police said they would conduct an internal investigation into his actions.

© 2010 AAP
Old 28-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #50
JimNiki
71Mach1

He got off cause Krispy Kreme was closing in 5 minutes...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #51
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I agree that cops are human (after all) I just hope those guys are fair and realistic in their judgement when actually doing their jobs.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #52
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

just to show they dont allways get off, one policeman in perth has had his car impounded after getting clocked at 170km/h

funny how they let him take his car home before going to collect it though.....
Old 29-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #53
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
I agree that cops are human (after all) I just hope those guys are fair and realistic in their judgement when actually doing their jobs.
in all my run ins with policemans and there has been a few only had one bad experience and that was with a big angry bull dyke so understandable... more than once i've ended up smoking durrys, poppin bonnets and shootin the breeze with them they are human and treat them with a little respect and youll be surprised what you can get away with... policemans have incredible powers of discretion....

Last edited by pottery beige; 29-07-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 29-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #54
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
in all my run ins with policemans and there has been a few only had one bad experience and that was with a big bull dyke so understandable...more than once i've ended up smoking durrys, poppin bonnets and shootin the breeze with them they are human and treat them with a little respect and youll be surprised what you can get away with... policemans have incredible powers of discretion....
very true - i was let of for some amazing things in my younger days, and yet my mates received speeding fines all of the time
maybe my attitude when they pick me up helped plus they probably saw i was not a regular offender by my nervousness when they picked me up. my mates, being regular offenders knew all the cops on first name basis and kept getting the tickets

basically, drive carefully and be polite - you will find out how cool they can be. everyone does something silly at some stage, especially on the road. your attitude when talking to a cop, will let him know whether you are silly more or sensible more. and if he thinks you are sensible more often than not, you will get much less grief - maybe just a brief conversation
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #55
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol.. i know of a silly boy that lit up an XA falcon out the front of the Adelaide casino.. policemans were in the crowd.. pullover DH.. ended up smoking durrys around a popped bonnet.. geeze looks like youve spent a bit of money take it easy now on your way..... be nice no bad attitude dont make their day any harder than it may have been FTW......
Old 29-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #56
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
just to show they dont allways get off, one policeman in perth has had his car impounded after getting clocked at 170km/h

funny how they let him take his car home before going to collect it though.....
If Joe Public did that he'd be lynched and found to be the cause of all that is bad in the world .. but then I guess they don't have the extensive training ay
Old 29-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #57
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The copper in Narooma always parks in the no parking zone
Old 29-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #58
JimNiki
71Mach1

cops are as human and individual as we are...
One cop mate takes advantage of all the benefits, food, train rides, etc, he'll flash his badge at ther drop of a hat, the other will go out of his way to conceal that he is a cop.
(He reckons he put away too many crims in the 70's and 80's which are all out now!)
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #59
LTDHO
The one and only

Flashing the badge to get free stuff is highly illegal!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #60
Dave3911

Quote:
Flashing the badge to get free stuff is highly illegal!
Unethical? Yes. Against code of conduct? Yes. Against the law? Sorry, but your misinformed there.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post