Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #31
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

I'll crawl out of the gutter right after you, i'm no ford hater, but if you took the time to read [bold]ALL[/bold] not just the last one you would have noticed they were bagging out Sunrise for false information. So tell me who is really to blame - the reporters maybe, ohh wait there is gotta be Holden cause they can spend some money on ad's that Ford couldn't be bothered with, Ford has not put any positive spin in ad's for years, maybe there all brain dead and have no imagination, Wow as i write this the tough times holden ad is on might have to wait 60yrs for a ford one
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #32
alecrain
'03 BA XT

I saw it yesterday and couldn't believe it, so I checked it on ANCAP website where Falcon FG ***** Holden Omega ****.

I don't remember exactly where I saw it on TV (most likely some evening news) where they were talking about car safety and they said that 5 star Omega is better than 4 star FG ute, WTF!

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #33
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is there a media watchdog
a few emails might start a investigation . It not just the ford and holden thing either im getting really sick of shody journalism
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #34
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just sent a ****ed off email too. Thats utter crap, you'd think there would be someone cross checking all their dribble hey? Perhaps sunrise is on holdens payroll now too, would not surprise me.

What scares me is how many people seen that little comment, how many people now think that the commodoore is the only car in Australia that has that. And how many people wouldnt consider a ford now. And I bet there wont even be an apology, a correction, nothing anywhere. Thats it, its channel 9 in the morning now, all that sunrise had going for it was Mel and shes gone now anyway.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #35
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
I'll crawl out of the gutter right after you, i'm no ford hater, but if you took the time to read [bold]ALL[/bold] not just the last one you would have noticed they were bagging out Sunrise for false information. So tell me who is really to blame - the reporters maybe, ohh wait there is gotta be Holden cause they can spend some money on ad's that Ford couldn't be bothered with, Ford has not put any positive spin in ad's for years, maybe there all brain dead and have no imagination, Wow as i write this the tough times holden ad is on might have to wait 60yrs for a ford one
I have read all the posts! You were the one to start blaming Ford for it all in this thread! When i talked about blaming Ford, i meant the whole forum!!!!!!! :

Also, I didn't mention anything about it being Holdens fault.

:togo:

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #36
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
I have read all the posts! You were the one to start blaming Ford for it all in this thread! When i talked about blaming Ford, i meant the whole forum!!!!!!! :

Also, I didn't mention anything about it being Holdens fault.

:togo:
I didn't say anything about you blaming Holden : what i said and i quote
Quote:
So tell me who is really to blame - the reporters maybe, ohh wait there is gotta be Holden cause they can spend some money on ad's that Ford couldn't be bothered with
So tell me then as you must have inside info as you work for Ford who's to blame for all the misinformation getting around, some ones to blame
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #37
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation

OK,a little off topic maybe, can you remember the "fanfare" when the EB S xr6 was released? (I found out from my next door neighbor!!!) Can you remember the press releases for the XR8 Sprint? (I did not know about these until it was too late!!!) Do you recall the promotion for the EL GT? How did most of you find out the TE50 /3 au? Is there an underlying theme here? The FG is probably the safest ,quietest, most fuel efficient Ford made to date, where is the publicity? Gotta be the "media's " fault!!! :
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #38
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me

So tell me then as you must have inside info as you work for Ford who's to blame for all the misinformation getting around, some ones to blame

I do actually-It's people like you

Nah, seriously. The media are paid to know what they are reporting and know the stories they write. I think maybe they should have done their job and actually studied this story before doing a full article and TV time and not screw up.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #39
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
I do actually-It's people like you

Nah, seriously. The media are paid to know what they are reporting and know the stories they write. I think maybe they should have done their job and actually studied this story before doing a full article and TV time and not screw up.
Agreed 100%. The media are supposed to purport to be non biased on any issue, they are not there (in a news reading capacity) to editorialise, they are not there to promote on brand or the other. We used to see this with the ABC whom went to extreme lengths to ally themselves with one side. Channel 7 has gone the same way too. You have to remember that these are the same people who were trying to stage a fake Anzac Day dawn service with the PM last year for ratings; the same people who had some bad headed, scratchie voiced twat thrust himself inside the ambulance of one of the miners in Tasmania last year for the same. It should be no surprise to anyone if Kerry StRokes got a call from little Kevvie telling him that he wants them to help him sell cars, and StRokes would have agreed. Think about it, 2 billion dollar rescue package, all those jobs saved etc; now if you can get the one company with excess stock to be popular and voila; instant hero.

The result; channel 7 look like the tools they are for the simple fact that any motoring show which has a respectable audience is all over the facts of the shortcomings of Holden.

As for ford, I'm delighted to say that they seem to rather spend their money on developing the car and building something as magnificent as the FG, especially the G6E-T. If you haven't driven one or experienced the thought, the passion, the design and the delivery in exceedingly difficult circumstances then your opinions are dated. Ford could have taken the safe route by restyling a 30 year old platform and calling it new but, they took the time to see what it is that people want, then built it. Those that would rather believe a TV than find out for themselves deserve to end up in Holdens, for no ford is dumb enough to find a market amongst the bogan class.
Channel 7, but another form of the ABC except with ads.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #40
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are the results for the FG and the VE. The FG scored more points than the VE. FG Overall: 34.61 out of 37 and VE Overall: 33.45 out of 37. I know its close but the FG is still the winner.

ANCAP FG Link>> http://www.ancap.com.au/results/285/

ANCAP VE Link>> http://www.ancap.com.au/results/299/

This took me a whole 10 seconds to find the FACTS so why is it so hard for the likes of CH7 to do what i just did.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #41
XplodE
Smashed Gecko Racing

Take note that it is also only the Omega that has the 5 star rating.

The entire Falcon and G Series Sedan range have the 5 Star rating!
XplodE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #42
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford should do a couple of media releases...

Ford Falcon and G-Series - the only Australian built RANGE that offers a five star safety rating.

Holden is effective at wording...Ford should hit a return winner down the line.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Having a look at the popup adds on carsales, Ford is advertising the Falcon as the Safest Australian built car. Also noting the 5 star safety rating.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #44
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Oh yeah, sure! That'll help the situation! "Holden has more sales"-blame it on Ford, "Holden is exporting"- blame it on Ford, "Holden has a new model coming out"- blame it on Ford!!!
WTF?!?!?
How bout crawl outta the freaking gutter and think about it!! I think there are more and more no faith, Ford haters getting onto this Forum everyday. As i work at Ford and love Fords it's really starting to give me the damn irrates!
All automotive companies around the world are struggling at the moment and trying hard to get back up on their feet and all everyone points the finger at is-"obviously they don't want to sell cars and aren't trying" BS!
grow up mate. if you can't make an intelligent argument without name calling then keep your crap to yourself.
ford is it's own worst enemy . i too worked for ford for a couple of years and the dealer use to spend $500,000 a year on advertising because ford's marketing was [and still is] pathetic. why else would ford build the best large family car in australia and not be able to sell it ?
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #45
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
grow up mate. if you can't make an intelligent argument without name calling then keep your crap to yourself.
ford is it's own worst enemy . i too worked for ford for a couple of years and the dealer use to spend $500,000 a year on advertising because ford's marketing was [and still is] pathetic. why else would ford build the best large family car in australia and not be able to sell it ?
Because people will ultimately believe what they want to believe.
I said before, Holden is "Australia's Car' and Australia's only '5 Star Vehicle'.
From a bunch of lies, people will believe it, because they choose to.

But I agree, their marketing is poor. The walking fingers was a pretty crappo commercial.
However, I am seeing a lot of FGs on the road. Some days, I see more FGs than VEs.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #46
1TUFFUTE
Banned

all my mates have forever commented that ford needs to up the anti in the ads department...but playn dirty has allways been holdens thing.The captiva add that does nothin but highlight its cons over a ford territory...in there own add. No mention of how actually crap the captiva is or anything. Other things the media do like top gear making passing comments that the hsvs are PURE AUSSIE MUSCLE when all they are is AMERICAN CORVETTE MOTORS model after model. No one ever seems to mention theae things. On top gear they even made a negative comment that ford HAD SPENT 500 MILLION on the fg...no mention that holden SPENT 1 BILLION DOLLARS....FREAKIN THE LOT OFF THEM..

I take solace in the fact that the greatest an fastest mainstream car in aus isnt even a performance model..its the luxury ford G6ET acclaimed in the prescence of the best european cars.......yaaay
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #47
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Ford should do a couple of media releases...

Ford Falcon and G-Series - the only Australian built RANGE that offers a five star safety rating.

Holden is effective at wording...Ford should hit a return winner down the line.
apparently its only a seatbelt warning light that is preventing the rest of the commodore line up getting 5 stars...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 04:27 AM   #48
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
apparently its only a seatbelt warning light that is preventing the rest of the commodore line up getting 5 stars...
Seems Holden don't have worry about getting the whole lineup to five stars the media has done that work for them.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh Koshie :
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #49
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is nothing new. I've seen a couple of beauties over the years.

I remember an incredulous young journo interviewed a VW representative who was giving a spin about the (then new) VW Golf introducing this radical new concept - front wheel drive with a transverse engine. The journo was swallowing it all. Only problem - this was several years after the Mini (which the VW copied) came out.

The other one, which was more satisfying, was a consumer program that somebody asked to look at Toyota's claim that the Landcruiser 'opened up the Snowy Mountains scheme'. They asked Toyota for proof and Toyota could only show them their glossy history brochure. They then went to Land Rover (Leyland then I think) who showed them the original order books with hundreds of Land Rovers sold to Snowy Mtns Authority listed in them. The truth was that those hundreds of Land Rovers 'opened up' the Snowy when there were no roads. They only bought some Landcruisers towards the end to carry people along the roads that the Land Rovers helped make. The closing sequence was beautiful - it had a group of people around a Land Rover jumping in the air singing "oh what a feeling, Land ROVER!"

Yes sometimes the injustices are stinging - based on prejudiced perceptions. One good thing at the moment though is that the gas Falcon is getting a bit of coverage in the media because of the fuel price thing.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #50
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All this talk about that Holden is "Australia's car" and Holden means "a great deal to Australia" well seeing the Holden VE has almost 80% of its components imported it really is just assembled here unlike the Ford FG which only has around 30% of components imported. So Holden isnt all that Australian after all.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #51
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Does anyone else wanna slap the baldy skin on Kochies head? or is it just me!?
Fek I hate Kosh! He could be the only thing in the whole world I hate!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #52
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
Do you mean "Ford haters" is name calling?
That is the harshest thing I have ever called someone, yeah great! :
If you read my other posts, you'd realise that i have made an intellegent arguement. Post refers to-reports are to do their homework on any subject they may be covering in the news or else where.It's what they are paid to do. Get the facts straight and then provide the broadcasters with the correct info.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 07-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #53
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
A car with a 5 star rating will probably fare the same one with a 4 star rating, because the 5th star is based on having side airbags.
No, a 5th star is awarded if a car has stability control.
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #54
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The media are a bunch of Car manufacturer traitors. I thought the media was supposed to present a valid argument and not take sides? The propaganda machine is rolling once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #55
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Do you mean "Ford haters" is name calling?
That is the harshest thing I have ever called someone, yeah great! :
If you read my other posts, you'd realise that i have made an intellegent arguement. Post refers to-reports are to do their homework on any subject they may be covering in the news or else where.It's what they are paid to do. Get the facts straight and then provide the broadcasters with the correct info.
yeah right, very intelligent. :togo:
Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #56
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
In the ANCAP tests, to get the chance of the 5th star, you need to pass a certain score in the frontal test to be offered the chance of doing a side impact test, or something along those lines. The VE failed to reach a high enough score to get the chance to go for 5 stars. So Holdens line of nothing but a seatbelt indicator will get us 5 stars is nothing but a lie.

And how they came to the conclusion that the VE Omega, and no other model in the range, somehow gets 5 stars in safety is just beyond me. Is this some sort of joke or something?

Does this have anything to do with the official ANCAP safety rating that awarded the FG 5 stars or is this some award invented by Holden for its own benefits ie. The Holden safety awards presents 5 stars for the VE Omega. And the sheep cheer. :
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #57
a_misfit

Anyone want to look at the respective news releases pages for both Ford and Holden:

Ford News

Holden News

The assumptions that journalists thoroughly research every story is wrong, and I feel sorry for the naivity of people who think that. Sure it's not right, but it's the way it is. A media release can easily be cut and pasted into a story. Holdens advertising department obviously know that, and Ford need to wise up. It's easy for a one sided story to get out when only one side is putting out the messages.
a_misfit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #58
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
In the ANCAP tests, to get the chance of the 5th star, you need to pass a certain score in the frontal test to be offered the chance of doing a side impact test, or something along those lines. The VE failed to reach a high enough score to get the chance to go for 5 stars. So Holdens line of nothing but a seatbelt indicator will get us 5 stars is nothing but a lie.

And how they came to the conclusion that the VE Omega, and no other model in the range, somehow gets 5 stars in safety is just beyond me. Is this some sort of joke or something?

Does this have anything to do with the official ANCAP safety rating that awarded the FG 5 stars or is this some award invented by Holden for its own benefits ie. The Holden safety awards presents 5 stars for the VE Omega. And the sheep cheer. :
I think he is meaning after the revised VE, and this is meant to be as of 1st Jan.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #59
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz
Here are the results for the FG and the VE. The FG scored more points than the VE. FG Overall: 34.61 out of 37 and VE Overall: 33.45 out of 37. I know its close but the FG is still the winner.
not really that close it is 3.13% and that could be the difference between life and death

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #60
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is also a modified surround for the Steering Column - this was likely the expensive bit, and the bit that will delay deployment to other models.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post