Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #31
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

The little turds should have their ***** kicked, literally, big army boot style.

Had some little turds throw some eggs at my old Gemini when driving at 70 km/h late one night on a main road with little traffic... heard this big bang, realised what it was, pulled the handbrake on, swung around and revved the tits off it and drove back and chased after the little turds but alas they ran off. One of the eggs went through the open passenger window and hit the seat and covered the inside in egg.

Considering the size of the steering lock I had on the back seat, maybe its a good thing they buggered off and my head cooled a little...
Old 17-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #32
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTS
Young Offenders Act is the official system the State Government put in place to keep the juveniles offenders out of the court system(gaol). They can have up to 3 cautions before even being charged with an offence. It works for the kid who's steals something once in his life and is scared by the system. But the little s#*@s who know it, use it to their advantage to stretch the law as far as they can before they can get charged. Then when they get caught and charged the childrens courts usually still recommend other alternatives to kiddies gaol. So they can break the law numerous times and not go where they should. The coppers hate the system just as much as I do.
Problem there is, thats only 3 cautions before a judge, not with the police, so they can be known 100 times with the police and never have action taken.
Old 17-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #33
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Its funny how these things seem rather common here but in some other countries, its unheard of. I remember that kid who decided it would be a good idea to decorate a row of cars with spray paint in Singapore. He got 10 lashes with a bamboo stick on his backside. I'm sure he would think twice about doing that again.

We should have that system here. Damage someone's property, pay for it with tears and pain.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #34
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Its funny how these things seem rather common here but in some other countries, its unheard of. I remember that kid who decided it would be a good idea to decorate a row of cars with spray paint in Singapore. He got 10 lashes with a bamboo stick on his backside. I'm sure he would think twice about doing that again.

We should have that system here. Damage someone's property, pay for it with tears and pain.
Big deal, I knew a kid (actually quite a few) who got CANED, 3 times on each hand for doing a lot less than that by a bloke called the Deputy Principal. Young people today have NO IDEA that we got HIT by teachers. That would be assault to them, LOL. I ended up working alongside DPs that had caned me when I first started out, that was kinda weird. I know teachers who still have their canes in the store room and talk about the good old days.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Big deal, I knew a kid (actually quite a few) who got CANED, 3 times on each hand for doing a lot less than that by a bloke called the Deputy Principal. Young people today have NO IDEA that we got HIT by teachers. That would be assault to them, LOL. I ended up working alongside DPs that had caned me when I first started out, that was kinda weird. I know teachers who still have their canes in the store room and talk about the good old days.
I got belted by my father and I never did the same thing again so no need for that. Parents should be the only ones allowed to flog their kids other than the police. Teachers are paid to teach and nothing else IMO.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #36
aye you
The Origional, The Best

bring em up to darwin, our copper have no issue with teaching them the law, then hauling them off to juvienial detention. about 4 years ago, when we had mandatory sentencing, we had a similar problem to this, the little bastards got 4 years and the parent got forced to pay all damages.

Mandatory sentencing rules
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #37
siwren

The noise a big rock hitting the windscreen is amazing. Its so loud.

Some punks through one through the window of my old EF at North Sydney a few years ago. Sounded like an explosion that hurt our ears.
The rearview mirror ended up on the rear parcel shelf missing the guy in the middle of the back seat.

Went through a random breath test station later that night and the cops said that there was nothing that could be done about it.

I'm so thankful some smart dudes created laminated windscreens.
Old 17-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #38
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this stuff really ****es me off. I was driving home from work on Ryde rd at Nth Ryde (Syd) in the left lane when a kid about 15-16 threw a full can of Coke at my XC. I hit the brakes and the can hit the front of the bonnet then bounced over the roof onto the road. I pulled up in a driveway, jumped out and chased him when I caught him he was shitting himself. I persuaded him to tell me where he lived, I then walked him home which was nearby. Dad answered the door and when I told him what happened he went berserk at the kid and told me he had done this before.
The old man kicked him in the **** big time when he went inside which made me feel a bit better and offered to pay for any damage which I declined. I was happy enough knowing his father would be dishing out the justice.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #39
DaveTE
Back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye you
bring em up to darwin, our copper have no issue with teaching them the law, then hauling them off to juvienial detention. about 4 years ago, when we had mandatory sentencing, we had a similar problem to this, the little bastards got 4 years and the parent got forced to pay all damages.

Mandatory sentencing rules
Love it. Sounds like I'm moving.
DaveTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #40
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
It means the cops will haul their ***** in just to be slapped on the wrist by the court. It is the court which has the deciding hand in it all.
the cops can also choose to give an official warning if they choose. Only catch is the youths have to admit everything in a statement.

I had a young relative get hauled in with some of her so called friends. the friends had stolen a mobile before they met up with her. the friends made full admissions but she kept pleading her innocence. She face court and got the slap on the wrist there. Stupid thing was the police said she was using the stolen phone but quite a few of the calls were to her mobile. needless to say those friends are still running around shoplifting etc.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #41
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc
this stuff really ****es me off. I was driving home from work on Ryde rd at Nth Ryde (Syd) in the left lane when a kid about 15-16 threw a full can of Coke at my XC. I hit the brakes and the can hit the front of the bonnet then bounced over the roof onto the road. I pulled up in a driveway, jumped out and chased him when I caught him he was shitting himself. I persuaded him to tell me where he lived, I then walked him home which was nearby. Dad answered the door and when I told him what happened he went berserk at the kid and told me he had done this before.
The old man kicked him in the **** big time when he went inside which made me feel a bit better and offered to pay for any damage which I declined. I was happy enough knowing his father would be dishing out the justice.
That's what should happen.
Old 18-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #42
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let me explain what I peceive the source of the problems with today's society in the best "non-racist" terms that I can. (that's just a front to avoid dealing with the problem)
It's to do with the glamorisation in popular culture of the "ganster" way of life. You only have to look at the "rap" music videos to see what kids these days are bombared with. You can even buy your five year old a PIMP costume for Halloween. There was a "you Tube bashing" on TV last night in the increasingly violent City of Brisbane. Four or five guys were bashing come homeless guy (buggered if I know what he had done to them) but they were all wearing baseball caps, in the early hours of the morning. People my age only wear baseball caps two reasons, namely to keep the sun off our face or to hide our bald spots. Popular culture has made the baseball caps (along with runners and tracksuit pants) cool. These people with little or no income will gladly fork out $70 for a brand name hat, $300 for joggers and $140 for a pair of tracksuit pants just so they can look lik their favourite "rap artist". In my day Adidas clothing was cheap and the only shoes you could get were Dunlop Volleys or Adidas Romes. People who can't afford the "right stuff", including mobile phones will go to whatever lengths it takes to get it, including bashind someone for a phone. I can't see the point of this as al phones can be traced, especially if you call all your mates with it!
So who is fuelling this gansgterisation of society? Two groups: The entertainment industry, who popularised the culture in movies and rock videos (It once wasn't cool to grow up in the ghetto) and the clothing industry who will sell you "designer" gang wear. They create the disorder and then use it to line their pockets. I'm glad I got that of my chest and hope (well not really) that I didn't offend anybody. I managed to say what I meant without using the N word or the J word but will probably still get called an idiot or a WTF? I may "not have a friggin" clue in the eyes of a jaded conformist but at least I can see where the trouble has come from.
Old 18-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #43
Bax
Projecting

It's ridiculous.

My nan said recently.

If they do the Crime of an adult, they should do the punishment of an adult. Teach these little sh*ts a lesson and stop babying everyone and everything. No wonder why the country is going downhill, all these kids are growing up thinking they can be wreckless ********* and get away with it. Punishment!

BRING BACK THE CANE!!
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #44
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

I've had a gutfull of the pricks. At least once a week I get warnings or hear of rock throwers around the railway lines (Im a freight train driver). Usually I'm lucky and its someone ahead that gets hit, but I've copped it a fair few times and its not a nice experience. Fortunately the front windscreens can stand up to bricks and possibly larger objects, but the side windows are no better than a car. Imagine peering into the darkness then SMASH and your cut and bleeding.

I have no hesitation in belting **** out of them with whatever weapon I can find if the opportunity arises.
Old 18-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #45
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
I've had a gutfull of the pricks. At least once a week I get warnings or hear of rock throwers around the railway lines (Im a freight train driver). Usually I'm lucky and its someone ahead that gets hit, but I've copped it a fair few times and its not a nice experience. Fortunately the front windscreens can stand up to bricks and possibly larger objects, but the side windows are no better than a car. Imagine peering into the darkness then SMASH and your cut and bleeding.

I have no hesitation in belting **** out of them with whatever weapon I can find if the opportunity arises.
I worry about you train drivers. These idiots start with stone throwing. Next thing they might find "fun" is to put crap on the rails. Lets hope they arent that stupid.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #46
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Did plenty of dumb destructive stuff as a kid, but NEVER did anything that could directly harm anyone. Seriously, you know the difference, or at least I did. Don't even try to tell me these kids couldn't know what they were potentially doing.
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #47
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I worry about you train drivers. These idiots start with stone throwing. Next thing they might find "fun" is to put crap on the rails. Lets hope they arent that stupid.
We get plenty of stuff (shopping trolleys,car diffs,logs,garbage bins etc) placed on the rail head, but we just crush it or push it out of the way.
Old 18-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #48
aye you
The Origional, The Best

what would a rock on the rail do? would you crush it or can it cause a derailment?

on the adelaide to darwin railway they installed sensors that detect when something is laying across both tracks. mainly to keep the black fellas from getting splattered while they slept on them
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #49
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As cars sped past, he kept hearing "bangs" as other cars were hit by the rocks, which he estimated to be up to 30 centimetres in diameter.
Strong kids or bad estimation lol.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #50
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye you
what would a rock on the rail do? would you crush it or can it cause a derailment?
it will be flattened! .... even tried cement it blasted through it ....yes i know, what a stupid thing to try but we were about 4 or 5 at the time comeon

as for the rocks hitting the windscreens, i wouldnt be calling family to pick me up, id be calling 000 and asking an ambo for each of those kids

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #51
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I remember that happening ... just south of Campbelltown ... this sparked a major upgrade of the bridges with the mesh caging.

I guess now the kids are on the side of the road as the bridges are off-limits now.

Bloody dangerous and I am surprised no one was killed in this incident.
Yeah I remember that, it was around the corner from here, IN Campbelltown. But I don't see how that mesh helps much, the mesh was put there to mainly stop people jumping off and large rocks, but you can still fit fair sized rocks through those holes in the mesh, some of them are half mesh half old-school barrier, so you could fit a piece of 4x2 through there if you wanted.
Still, this kind of stuff happens more and more often lately, and there doesnt seem to be much of anything happening.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #52
Full Noise
Life begins at 40
Donating Member1

The scumbags that killed Mark Evans, from memory lifted a piece of concrete that weighed something like 26 kilograms over the edge of the bridge rail. In fact, it took two of them to lift it.

You still might be able to throw a small rock, and yes this can be just as deadly, but at least you will have a better chance of survival if one is thrown and impacts your vehicle. It’s not very often that I have anything good to say about the NSW RTA, however, at least they acted on this and put the caged barriers up.

The High Street overpass on the Western Highway at Melton also has a cage type barrier on it. There’s one major difference though…

The barrier is quite small and is only there to protect the freeway signs from graffiti. This just goes to show the utter contempt that the Victorian government and Vicroads have for the lives of Victorian motorists. There’s actually a higher level of protection on the edge of the Forsyth Rd overpass on the Princess Freeway at Hoppers Crossing to protect the government’s beloved speed cameras.
Preventing graffiti and vandalism to speed cameras obviously has a higher priority here. :
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #53
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Oh your right mate, I was thinking of a similar incident around the corner, the Mark Evans one was down in Menangle (significantly less 'around the corner').
It is a shame that we need barricades to stop people from throwing Cement blocks off of overpasses, I just cant fathom what would drive someone to do that?
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #54
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

I feel that a lot of blame must be attributed to Government and civil libertarians.

How so you ask?

I remember my old man telling me of the things he got up to in the 1930’s when he was a kid. (nothing destructive or hurtful to others).
Some here have stated that it is due to lower socio economic areas. Well during the 1930’s, there had just been a depression, and there were a lots of “lower socio economic areas”, times were not great, and there were definitely no playstation’s. However, Mummy and Daddy were allowed to thrash the shyte out of you, and burly 6 foot 6, 110kg Policeman used to scare the “hell” out of you.
Since then, the moral decline in our youth has been constant, and has accelerated over the last decade and a half. When I was at school we were caned if we deserved it, and Mum and Dad gave us a "clip around the ears" for good measure. That has stopped, thanks to the civil donogooders And parliamentarians who wouldn’t (not going to waste effort on that one) :

Some folk will blame the influence of rap and gangsta music, some want to blame multiculturalism. But, in my opinion it is the leniency that is being shown to offenders, which ultimately set the trends.
I am not advocating having a prison full of nine year olds, but offender management has failed, and the new young offender management / program / scheme…. Or whatever it is called in the latest re-incarnation, is just blanket covering the issue.

There is nor clear guideline in the transitional change from child to juvenile to adult.
To be considered legal in most matters and to vote and drink alcohol, the age of 18 must be attained. Consensual sex is set differently for males and females, and debate is now raging whether a 10 year old can be charged as an adult. There is no consistency.
Combine this with holiday camps posing as juvenile detention centres, and gaols being home away from home, where the pool tables are better than your local RSL club, its no wonder folks are not deterred by the fact of “doing time”

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post