Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #31
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Mindine is ok, i don't know why people get worked up over him. I don't let anyone get under my skin, yet just watch the entertainment and have fun
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #32
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
To be honest, I have never given him the time of day. Not once watched one of his fights. He does nothing for me with his BIG MOUTH, hence he doesn't deserve my money or me wasting my time.
I have similar feelings, won't watch him, not interested.

But Flappist has a point. A lot of people do get taken in by it and he wins
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #33
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
How did the QLD footy player go in his fight?
Garth Woods? won on points. I think he went in to the ring thinking he was out for a night on the town with some team mates
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #34
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Spot on Flapper but he has never got a dime from me and never will.
He has never got anything from me either. The day he actually fight someone that has some real talent (instead of the hand picked ones) will be the day that he gets put on his backside bigtime.

I have noticed that he hasn't offered Danny Green another fight lately.

Funny that.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #35
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
I have noticed that he hasn't offered Danny Green another fight lately.
They wont fight again. There weights are too different. Green isnt dropping weight again to fight him.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #36
silvergsvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
He wouldn't be the first big mouth boxer. Just look at Ali, no-one talked more and got under their opponents skin as much Ali did. It's a great strategy. Worked flawlessly against Green, and makes for some of the best boxing matches.
You can compare the egos of Ali and Mundine but Ali stood up against all comers and provide himself against them all (except those pesky problems caused by stopping too many punches with your head). Mundine is not a pimple on Ali's bum.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #37
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
They wont fight again. There weights are too different. Green isnt dropping weight again to fight him.
And mundine knows if he weights up to meet greens weight that there won't be points decision... it will be the result everyone in Australia has been gagging for.

If Mundine wants respect he needs to start picking fights with world class fighters... his name is mud.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #38
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I watched a doco on Cassius Clay about a month or so again, in that doco it showed his tactics in defeating bigger, stronger fighters.
He fought a bloke twice his size who most believed would kill him.

How did he do it, he had the guy thinking he was truely mad by way of his mouth.
Apparently from the accounts when this guy saw how he carried on in the lead up to the fight it made him cautious as he wasnt just fighting another fighter, he was fighting what he considered a nutcase.

There's no doubt Mundine is a few snags short, but he plays the part so well...
Ali let his mouth go too far a few times, look no further than the personal attacks on Joe Frazier in the lead up to their fights after he led the call for Alis license the be handed back, even petitioning president nixon

when mundine supported the 9/11 attacks, some of what he said made sense, but he went too far saying the victims deserved it and noone listened to his valid points about Americas foreign policy.

sometimes these big mouths make it very hard for the public to see them as anything more than a$$holes
Old 13-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #39
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA77
Im not a fan of him but have met him a few times and when there isnt a camera infront of his face he is actually very quiet and subdued. He puts it on for the camera and for his sport and its paying dividends for him. Love him or hate him he will be remembered and thats all he wants.
I can say the same.

It's all a show and he's getting a packet for it. Some people resent that, and I am one of them.
I don't "hate" him as I know him personally and, as TJA77 said he's a different person - I just don't agree with how he carries on for the sake of dollars. J.C. is spot on, it's not the right example to lead by.

I had a free ticket to go watch last night... cbf.
Old 13-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #40
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
Garth Woods? won on points. I think he went in to the ring thinking he was out for a night on the town with some team mates
Nah mate, i meant Carl Webb.

Just searched the net and found ref stopped the fight in 3rd round, so he got defeatedby a (1-3) boxer from Campbelltown, lol

Awesome!

I was hoping he would get smashed

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #41
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

You guys should check out the goings on in facebook.... just go to the Fox8 / Contender site and click the link to facebook.... makes for an interesting read !!
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #42
dave289
Banned

while I dont really like mundine and would happily step into the ring with him for a go, he does have a few good points. he seems to be clean living in the sense that he does not drink or smoke or take drugs and this I believe would be a good influence on younger people both aboriginal or otherwise. I was also reading somewhere that he spends amounts of money and much of his time setting up and involving himself in youth programs and otherwise positive things ,so you can take the good with the bad(and the ugly).
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #43
ch33z1l
Dawn

Looks like another Mundine v Green may be in the cards?

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0211-nu46.html
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #44
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

An offer he cannot refuse......
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #45
Windsor220
Now Fordless

The problem for Green is, if he gets beaten again its going to look real bad for him.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #46
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ha ha ha lets see how mundine will dodge this.
Electric XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #47
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Start starving yourself mundine.LOL But still green will have to earn it as mudine is very hard to hit. But then again green only needs one to land.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #48
SilentDave

I like the fact that Mundine called Green out of retirement and wont go anywhere near him makes you wonder what he is afraid off. Also in the first fight between the 2 Green didn't have the best prep and was having weight and Family issues so if/when it happens again Green should be a very hard opponent maybe even beat the 122 second fight time :P