Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Why are you on AFF?
Current Ford Owner. 126 91.30%
Previous or Potential Ford Owner. 9 6.52%
Never owned a Ford, wouldn't consider one, I just like cars in general. 3 2.17%
Never owned a Ford, wouldn't consider one, I just like the forum community. 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #31
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I joined the old .com forums when I started my project XD, because I was looking for information and people's experiences with doing them up.

I was a little worried at first that I may not be taken seriously, being female in a male dominated area, but there were a few other ladies on board as well, and I think I've only ever had one issue of someone being obnoxious (which was dealt with immediately by the mods).

Met some awesome people (and found a boyfriend), then migrated over here the day these forums opened officially.

Still here, finding more ways of spending vast amounts of money on my cars.
Im glad that you didnt let anyone ruffle your feathers!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #32
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although I'm a Holden fan (Owned a Ford for a while) I like this site, because despite being from the red side people treat me pretty good days, and I like alot of the discussion that goes on.

I basically joined this forum in 2005 to give me a wider on other brands. I've picked up quite alot of interesting facts in my time here too.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #33
Mad Maxine

Well, I've always been 'into' cars, and have always been a tomboy so it was natural I'd gravitate to car people as I gained more knowledge and started paying attention to cars as I got older. I'm currently on my 13th vehicle, and of the 13, 7 have been Fords. In order of ownership

'67 automatic Mini
Morris 1100
'66 Mini
'73 Volvo 144 GL
ZH Fairlane
XB ex-rally sedan
XE Fairmont Ghia ESP
Holden HJ V8 ute
Toyota Hilux 2x4
'83 Ford F350 4WD Ute
'62 Compact Fairlane (still own)
'62 Compact Fairlane (still own)
XC Hardtop (the latest addition)

I actually found AFF in a side-bar advert on Facebook, and joined about 4 months ago. I like the conversations, you are guaranteed of the full gamut of possibilities and outlooks here, which is what I like. It's also a great place to pick up wonderfully valuable knowledge. Pretty bloody good!

Shazz

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #34
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Ahh Compact Fairlane !!! Nice !!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #35
drivingon

it's called the never ending search for parts and information and the opportunity to help out others in the same boat !
78 XC X pack
candy apple red
being restored
:thebirds:
68 xt falcon
at a later date

WRECKING XC
drivingon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #36
Barnaby

Used the forum to get info on known problems with AU Falcons before I bought one. Now that I have one (AU XR6 ute) I use it to help fix the ones it now gets and preventive maintenance to stop others appearing! This place has saved me a heap and I try and give back if any questions are relevant to my knowledge.

Cheers
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #37
vik351
Banned

I joined to see if I could go the distance...

Pluss all the Fords we have had... and have...

vik...Still here but...!!!
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #38
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well the poll results are kind of what I expected, although to tell the truth I think I was sort of expecting more past/potential owners as well. Especially people like Barnaby above who stated he joined to get info on known problems before a purchase, although I guess if they purchased before seeing this thread they'd end up in the first category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
vik...Still here but...!!!
And some of us are damn glad about that! You're a champion of the forums! See you when you get back from your little forum holiday!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post