Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-01-2016, 01:41 AM   #31
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: Masters going down

woolworths are crap to work for, and it only improves slightly once you become a manager.

FWIW have worked in hardware & nursery on & off for several years, I still have more knowledge than either masters or bunnings staff and more often than not I have been the one instructing them on product if I have to go there.

Masters did themselves no favours doing full store relays during working hours, because woolies was too tight to pay shift allowances. I am not the only one who went in, and then went elsewhere because nobody knew where anything was while the store was being rearranged.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #32
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
They misread the market badly, if anyone buys it they will need a lot of cash and time to turn it around. Bunnings will be ready to jump on some sites too.
Not my local Bunnings...unless they want 2 Bunnings next to each other lol. The new Masters (been open about 12 months now) is across the carpark from the local bunnings (They share the same complex! and are practically next door to each other)

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #33
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Haha... of course the workplace culture a
t Bunnings is good, no expectation of helping customers..... let's face it, til Masters came along, you could have been on fire in the aisles and they wouldn't p1ss on you, though maybe they'd have said hello.
At one point the only way to get assistance at my local Bunnings was to throw **** off the shelfs

Since masters opens bunnings has been much more helpful (still hate the place) but our local miter 10 is hit n miss unfortunately

The HTH isn't bad but out of my way

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-01-2016, 04:33 PM   #34
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
) but our local miter 10 is hit n miss unfortunately

understatement of the century right there - and that is solely the (mis)management's doing.

rumour is that Magnet Mart may be looking to acquire some of the Masters sites, as they were looking to expand into nsw, but once masters started they put that on hold.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #35
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
understatement of the century right there - and that is solely the (mis)management's doing.
It has picked up its game in the last 3 months its still not what it was but theres been a shift, I had a real good expriance at there trade area a few months back

I posted this on the other masters thread
I was building some balustrades for my back deck and wanted to match it to what the builder had done originally, I went to bunnings (as the local Miter 10 wasn't open as I was driving through they had everything except the bottom rail, they looked on their price list and said my rail had been discontinued recently so I would have to by the rail they stocked.

I wasn't happy with that so I didn't buy anything. the next day I went to the miter 10 they had it all as well and again except for the bottom rail.

The BIG difference however was he asked me how much I wanted, I said I only needed 6 lengths, he made a phone call to the supplier and asked if they still had any, wow and behold they had 1 sling left (I don't know how many lengths are in a sling) he ordered the 6 (and the rest of the stuff I was after to make it a viable order) and it was delivered in time for the weekend, and the really good thing. the price was about 15% cheaper than bunnings on the items they carried and the bottom rail I wanted was closer to 45% cheaper than the bunnings incorrect alternative bottom rail

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #36
AJ09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
rumour is that Magnet Mart may be looking to acquire some of the Masters sites, as they were looking to expand into nsw, but once masters started they put that on hold.
Magnet Mart is owned by Woolworths, they purchased the business a few years ago.
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #37
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Haha... of course the workplace culture at Bunnings is good, no expectation of helping customers..... let's face it, til Masters came along, you could have been on fire in the aisles and they wouldn't p1ss on you, though maybe they'd have said hello.
Exact opposite at our Bunnings.
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2016, 11:28 PM   #38
SYZ
Beaut Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Haha... of course the workplace culture at Bunnings is good, no expectation of helping customers..... let's face it, til Masters came along, you could have been on fire in the aisles and they wouldn't p1ss on you, though maybe they'd have said hello.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintman1 View Post
Exact opposite at our Bunnings.
Agreed. I regularly visit Bunnings at Sale, Morwell and Traralgon, and the customer service at all three is faultless. It's obvious that their staff (at least at those stores) have had more than adequate CS and product training.
SYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2016, 01:36 AM   #39
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Like their advertising more than Bunnings

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto