Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #31
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Top Gear Festiva ST review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Great attitude! Post 13 and 14 disagree.

Money is money. How much profit is there in a base model compared to a premium product?

I drove an auto Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin once. What would those manufacturers know about performance? Oh, add the GTR to the list.
I agree it should be available in both manual and auto, but will Ford do that? Probably not.

As an aside from having hot hatches available with an auto, I'd also really, really like the top of the range luxo spec small cars with all the gadgets to be available with a manual.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #32
Cuyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
Just watched it last night, was very impressed, my only gripe is that I'm 6ft 3" so I might look like Mr Bean driving it :\

For a little 1.6L turbo it sure seemed to have some stick, especially when you consider it's only 2 seconds slower than our turbo falcons.
My 6'5" friend fits in the pasenger seat easy enough, not sure if he can drive it or not. They are much bigger inside than you would imagine though so I think you would fit comfortably. Just wouldnt leave much room for an adult passenger behind you. Its a German car after all and 6'3 is nothing unusual in Germany
Cuyper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #33
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Fomco have done their sums and canvassed the market. Result? Focus and Fiesta ST in manual only.

If I were running the show I'd offer auto Fiesta and Focus Titaniums with the 1.6 and 2.0 ST engines as a compromise.

While I prefer a hot hatch (or any hatch really) in a stick shift, its a bit harsh to say people who don't want manuals aren't real enthusiasts!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #34
F6 Aimz

Looks like a fun run around
F6 Aimz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #35
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here they come!

find me on instagram @adm.history for daily automotive historical Australian advertisements.
barra240t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #36
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Looks schmick in the white
Old 27-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #37
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Needs a wash bro!

They look good, although after driving a Fiesta the other day it's a bit of a difference to the Falcon.

The good:
- Parking is a breeze
- It's very nimble
- Economy +

The bad:
- Feels small
- Feels underpowered
- Indicator on the wrong side (you've no idea how many times I hit the wipers)

Looking forward to seeing what these little pocket rockets have to offer, the extra power with the go-cart handling will probably outweigh the negs.

While I could fit comfortably inside, when I went to reverse I banged my elbow on the drivers door, not tiny but it's no Falcon.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post