Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #31
minheim

Default Re: Bargain Mitsubishi

I'm fairly certain that the lancer had improved noise insulation applied in 2011 to help reduce the issue.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2015, 03:37 PM   #32
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minheim View Post
I'm fairly certain that the lancer had improved noise insulation applied in 2011 to help reduce the issue.
It needs more, road and wind noise is terrible.

My missus bought one of the first MY15 ES Sports available out our way and I think it's definitely an A to B car.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #33
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

S.A. car with no issues.
For the money it is a good value vehicle with quite a few stock options (check first post) that made it a worthwhile purchase.
It's no FGF6 or even comparable to my I-load with torque but it ticks enough boxes.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2015, 10:26 PM   #34
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
It needs more, road and wind noise is terrible.

My missus bought one of the first MY15 ES Sports available out our way and I think it's definitely an A to B car.
Mate. Take a Mazda 3 for a spin.
We drove a Mazda3 & a SP3? & both were horrid for road noise.
Think of 1 direction tyre / semi slick noise.
We also drove Kia & Hyundai which were ok.
We live on top of the South Eastern Freeway in Crafers so torque to pull up the hill was essential.
We are happy with what we expected & got with this car.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #35
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whilst it's not mine, people's number one priority for a small car is fuel economy. A 4 cyl hatch with 125kw that uses 8.8 l/100km, or more than a lot of 6 cylinders, is always gonna be an issue. That and the fact it's so old. Mits have prob priced it accordingly.
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #36
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Mate. Take a Mazda 3 for a spin.
We drove a Mazda3 & a SP3? & both were horrid for road noise.
Think of 1 direction tyre / semi slick noise.
We also drove Kia & Hyundai which were ok.
We live on top of the South Eastern Freeway in Crafers so torque to pull up the hill was essential.
We are happy with what we expected & got with this car.
I had a few goods drives of a 2015 Mazda 3 Astina XD as I was going to buy one (ended up being too small with a young son and my wife's hockey goal keeper gear) and you are right about the road noise... Bloody good little car otherwise....

As you said, you knew what you where getting for the price and you are happy with it... They are great cars and will last you many years... When you/the wife needs a dose of speed jump in the F6 and go nuts...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2015, 10:20 PM   #37
minheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
Whilst it's not mine, people's number one priority for a small car is fuel economy. A 4 cyl hatch with 125kw that uses 8.8 l/100km, or more than a lot of 6 cylinders, is always gonna be an issue. That and the fact it's so old. Mits have prob priced it accordingly.
125Kw is pretty good and the torque is handy for a bit more performance than many of its rivals and the lancer hatch is a bit roomier too. It may not be the most fuel efficient but its still not too bad; certainly better than my 380 was. However the growing trend to ecoboost style petrol engines are certainly going to hurt the lancer and others as time marches on.

I remember when I bought a VN v6 commodore in 1990 and thought it was a rocket; it too only had 125Kw but it did have a lot more torque. However I was subsequently more happier with the EF and AU inline 6 engines for pleasant cruising.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:55 PM   #38
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Previous drive was a BA wagon. A great shopping trolley so we kept it also but it avg's 13.8/100klm.
The little GSR still has enough torque to get up the Sth Eastern freeway daily which is a must. We'll take 8.8 every day.
I adjusted the seating position today & it's more comfortable.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #39
HULK_I6T
Banned

The mitsibishi lancer is a quality car.

Cant go wrong with them for the money

If i had to drive some distance day to work, it would be perfect for the money
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #40
STINKY NINJA
Banned

We would have bought one instead of our my 15 ralliart if it came in anything else but the butt ugly sportback,the autos are rubbish too,manual is the only way with those motors...
They are very good cars,the actual car doesnt cause roadnoise its the rubbish tyres they are fitted with...
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #41
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
The lancer measures near 4.6m long and 1.8m wide. It's bordering on being mid sized.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #42
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
We would have bought one instead of our my 15 ralliart if it came in anything else but the butt ugly sportback,the autos are rubbish too,manual is the only way with those motors...
They are very good cars,the actual car doesnt cause roadnoise its the rubbish tyres they are fitted with...
We drove a Mazda 3 & a Mazda SP3 or 23?
The latter one had slightly lower profile tyres than the run of the mill Mazda 3 with a larger rim but only slightly less road noise.
I think the Mazdas have poor a componentry/rubber set up.
The GSR has a lerger rim with a lower profile tyre & is way quieter.
Still noiser than my FGF6 butit is build to a different market.
The sun visors feel/look like they are made of cardboard
Old 13-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #43
satria
FOXWHO

Yes the tyres are noisy, however I went through 3 full sets of tyres on my Lancer (posted on page 1) and the 2 relpacement sets I purchased were the 'Silent' Silica compound Federal tyres designed to reduce roid noise. Admittedly better than the factory tyres but the car was still fairly noisy on all surfaces.
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post