Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #31
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile

Like the late great P Brock said " its the best race track on the planet" My ex could not understand how I could watch cars going around the same piece of track for 6 hours. I purchased a new EB XR6 , to run it in , I took her & my 3 kids around the track for a looksee. At 60 kph she was fine, @ 80 kph across the top of the mountain she was prepared to "bail out" of the car. She now has respect for the guys that race there, & is an avid fan of the Great Race. :hihi:
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #32
Pursuit_chick
E-series mutantette

When i moved from QLD to SA, back in 2005 (wow its gone fast) Ben (perana_xr8) and myself stayed in bathurst. Went out to the mountain for a few laps each early one morning, wasnt too many other cars around, it was totally awesome!!! very easy to go over the 60k speed limit!!!!
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #33
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

its amazing how tight some of the corners are. Like going into the chase. The v8s do like 100-110 around it..Doing the posted speed(35-40) for the corner still feels way to tight. I would near on literally crap my pants at their speed. Also going up the mountain is way steeper than it looks on tv.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #34
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After years of watching it on TV, I finally went up there in 2002 and was really surprised how steep the climb up is. I alwys knew the rid down was steep.

I went back the following year and worked there as a volunteer safety official.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #35
Taxman
Taxman

The few times I have been up there the cops have been sitting at the bottom of conrod and catch those going a 'tad' fast as they go over the third hump. Used to get a ticket- now you get a ticket, licence suspended and car confiscated and impounded. Sort of takes the fun out of it as it is a very expensive l o n g walk home and then with the daily impound fee, it makes the whole event far too expensive to even contemplate any more. I know a few who have found out to their detriment - cost one his job, his home and his marriage for a few moments of 'glory'. I asked him if it was worth it? His reply, "The most stupid 2 - 3 minutes of my life - I've now lost everything".
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #36
G6T

Default Re: Lap around Mt Panorama!

Spent 4 nights in panorama resort, suprized by how little filth patroled the track of a night seen a lot of skylines & holdens hit the track they where not cruiseing were i was i could c who came onto the track.
FPV BF F6 TYPHOON in TOXIC green BUILT ENGINE & MT built ZF, FORCED PERFORMANCE turbo HTA 37r Turbo e85 26psi= 525 rwkw 1162nm its DMENTD . BUILT & TUNED by ( PROFILE AUTOSPORTS ) first time on dyno after run in =
Pacific Ford and FPV Carshow - DMENTD Dyno Run base 22psi on 98 : https://youtu.be/PoONpkk7qJE
G6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #37
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 
Default Re: Lap around Mt Panorama!

Great thread mine... 5 yrs old

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: