Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2011, 06:43 AM   #31
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

with those looks and that signature, the house will be up for sale fairly soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
LED's on a big Audi like an R8 or A6 or A8? Yes indeedy do.

This is how you do it...
they look disgusting in my opinion - all of them do. they all look like someone with a drill went up to the finished product and went crazy
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Love the wheels and the bonnet, very tough.

As for the DRL's, get used to them people as they are not going to go away. I can see DRL's being compulsory in the next few years so I only hope they work out a way to incorporate them into future designs properly (like audi have). Personally I am 100% behind DRL's from a functional point of view, sick and tired of seeing people drive around in bad weather and low light with no lights on. Like the placement or not, they do increase the visibility of the car without blinding oncoming traffic so they are a win in my book.

By the way, park lights are for marking a car parked in high traffic areas, not marking a moving car. That is why they are called park lights, not moving lights. But that is OT.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Nothing to do with night time driving. Infact its illegal for them to be on while your headlights are on.

They are so you don't wear out your headlights by leaving them on during the day.
Ummmm no, they are for increased conspicuity during daytime conditions.
With the style on this car Ford please leave them off they look like Supercheap had a bin sale.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #34
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

I like it, nice one FPV.
Wheels are great.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #35
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Yep I'm in favour finally showing more tuffness IMO......
In other colours will look great !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #36
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

if i ever bought a new HSV or FPV with DRL, i would just connect them to a different switch so i can decide to use them or not! easy
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #37
HSE2

I haven't read it yet but I am going to throw caution to the wind here so as expectations aren’t trampled on.

There is a snowflakes hope in hell that a car like that will be seen this year out of FPV.

As I have said the design looks suspiciously similar to a Victorian club car, bonnet design and all. I think Motor have done their sums wrong.

FPV have a few things happening this year but I strongly suspect nothing to the degree of what is shown here. Need to read the article before commenting further I guess but what was put on facebook doesn’t equate to the cover headlines for mine.

I think there is a very real chance that there will be a limited edition model at year’s end perhaps even a signature version in way of celebration but it won’t be 351, the drive train won’t change and I would be very surprised to see new wheels and kit.

The return on the investment already made isn't where it needs to be and there is no money without that return.

In saying that I hope I am wrong, but realistically from where I sit that sort of thing is a pipe dream for this year and I don’t want to see people being upset when the time comes.

I hope to eat my words and will be very happy to do so.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
I haven't read it yet but I am going to throw caution to the wind here so as expectations aren’t trampled on.

There is a snowflakes hope in hell that a car like that will be seen this year out of FPV.

As I have said the design looks suspiciously similar to a Victorian club car, bonnet design and all. I think Motor have done their sums wrong.

FPV have a few things happening this year but I strongly suspect nothing to the degree of what is shown here. Need to read the article before commenting further I guess but what was put on facebook doesn’t equate to the cover headlines for mine.

I think there is a very real chance that there will be a limited edition model at year’s end perhaps even a signature version in way of celebration but it won’t be 351, the drive train won’t change and I would be very surprised to see new wheels and kit.

The return on the investment already made isn't where it needs to be and there is no money without that return.

In saying that I hope I am wrong, but realistically from where I sit that sort of thing is a pipe dream for this year and I don’t want to see people being upset when the time comes.

Stop being so logical Ian, its been a while since we have had a GT-XX thread
Yes i do agree with you
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #39
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3
if i ever bought a new HSV or FPV with DRL, i would just connect them to a different switch so i can decide to use them or not! easy

If the laws go the way that I suspect they will with DRL's being compulsory, that would be illegal on a car fitted with them. A bit like a high mount stop light, if it fitted it must be working as the manufacturer intended, same with any vehicle lighting.

I am not so sure what everyones hang up is with them. As far as I am concerned, Ford should bring them out on the whole range, not just Falcon but their entire range. Sure they should integrate them better into the vehicle design but they should be fitted.

The ones on this pic are not too bad, I have seen worse and lets remember this pic is just someone's idea on how it will look, not necessarily how the finished product will look.

If you ask me, the FG racoon eyes were more of a styling travesty and they did not even have any functional purpose, at least the DRL's do.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #40
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:

I can see a lot of logic there, why do you do that?

I hope that FGII focuses more on interior appointments (and gadgets) plus fixing some areas that have come under a lot of scrutiny such as handling, grip and braking, areas that have been heavily criticised since the release of the new engine.

If those improvements are made, at the expense of nonfunctional enhancements such as trim and bolt on panels, I think that will be a better use of available budget. My point is they have the engine sorted, now time to improve the chassis to match.

If that is done on FGII, then I can see room for a signature GT with different wheels, a few more features and perhaps a modest power increase. If the chassis improvements are not made, then forget extra power as the current chassis is at it limits dealing with its current power level.

I also believe with the recent significant increases in motoring costs, namely insurance, fuel and rego across most states combined with the financial uncertainty that many are feeling, there is no room for signature models that very few can afford. By that I mean the actual number of people willing to hand over $90-100k for a falcon will be very limited, so limited that the development cost will not offer a positive return for Ford or FPV. Personally I think the opportune time for the release of such a model was about 5 years ago, not now.

Of course that is just my opinion and based on my observations, I may be off the mark but think of it this way. My income has only increased in line with inflation in the last 5 yrs and I am not on bad money with an income of up to $100k a year (with lots of overtime). A V8 is completely out of the question for a daily use car with ULP about to hit $1.50/L and 98 up around $1.60-1.65/L. When it comes to models such as this, there are very few that will accept running costs like that on daily use and even fewer that will spend upwards of $100k on a weekend car.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #41
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

+1. Holden and HSV do it all the time. Show a car in all the mags, have 15yr olds drool all over it, say they will make 1million of them, release them and can the project after only 2 or 3. But the publicity is PRICELESS.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #42
WASP
Whipple Induced

Hi Ian, while you are possibly right in regards to MOTOR, in terms of ROI I would imagine FPV will be looking at achieving this over the lifetime use of the powertrain package. By not having the benefit of rapping the new package into an all new model (FG2), or at least having some exterior and interior differences to the previous model, I think it is unrealistic for them to see a return using the current market offering.

I personally think some limited edition models using the current vehicle will help maintain market interest. Like them, or loath them, this strategy kept the later B-series models selling when most knew that an all new model was just around the corner.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #43
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

That magazine cover looks like another pimply faced computer graphic effort concocted by MOTOR just to sell magazines. Very loosely based on real facts. Poor effort.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #44
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Hi Ian, while you are possibly right in regards to MOTOR, in terms of ROI I would imagine FPV will be looking at achieving this over the lifetime use of the powertrain package. By not having the benefit of rapping the new package into an all new model (FG2), or at least having some exterior and interior differences to the previous model, I think it is unrealistic for them to see a return using the current market offering.

I personally think some limited edition models using the current vehicle will help maintain market interest. Like them, or loath them, this strategy kept the later B-series models selling when most knew that an all new model was just around the corner.
Yes 5 years on ROI but its not where it needs to be now as I understand it.

No engineering content this year for FPV unless a couple of things change.

There is one situation, a mistake that is going to be corrected. If people think 5th anniversary later in the year perhaps they won’t be disappointed. More a package of limited proportions than anything and that my guess.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #45
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I have a new plan.

I am going to win a GT in a raffle which will offset the cost of fuel.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #46
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well I have a new plan.

I am going to win a GT in a raffle which will offset the cost of fuel.....
If I win a GT in a raffle and it looks like the cover car depicted by the OP in post #1 I would sell it immediately.....

Awful!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #47
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just saw the mag in a servo and damn is it a horrid cover and a terrible photoshop effort too.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #48
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Man that looks sexy. I love how chunky the front looks. The rims suit it really well too.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #49
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being a long time enthusiast of new and old car advertising through the years, I can tell you that "artists conceptions" of new models, and advertising paintings, renderings, and, today, computer graphics look nothing like "the real thing".

In old line drawing advertising from the 1930's and 1940's, cars always had a low, sleek look which bore little resemblance to the sit-up-and-beg look of most cars of the era. If you ever get a chance to look at, say, the beautiful car advertising paintings in old National Geographic magazines from the fifties and sixties, you will see Chryslers, Fords, Buicks, and Chevrolets which, by the paintings, are much longer, lower, and sleeker than the real car ever was. In old Readers Digests from the 1960's, EH and HR Holdens and XP Falcons are similarly low and long and seem to have been to a customiser who chopped the roof a few inches. You could even see it in early seventies adverts for Valiants, Holdens, and Falcons.
Modern photochopped advertising of upcoming models and new cars always more "pumped" than the eventual real-life car is.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...image is everything...even if it bears little resemblance to reality...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #50
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Just saw the mag in a servo and damn is it a horrid cover and a terrible photoshop effort too.

I just saw it at the news agent and I agree.

I never buy that crappy magazine and was only drawn to it by the astounding fact that there's NOT ONE HOLDEN on the cover. That's got to be a first!!
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #51
HSE2

fpv would be very pleased with yet another front cover.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #52
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

dosent look to bad..i hope something eventuates..i like the bonnet ,
needs to be different from others in range..would have been nice to see XB style scoops on it..
BUT...with those LED's no thanks, take em of and id buy one....leave those tacky led's to the crappadores...only car they look at home on is the audi

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #53
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

A limited edition hi-po FPV would be amazing, I would love to see some night light weight wheels wrapped in sticky rubber. Agreed DRL's will be a fact of life in the near future, i think we need to start getting used to them now.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

2024 Subaru Outback Touring XT

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #54
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
They are so you don't wear out your headlights by leaving them on during the day.
No worries about them wearing out up here in QLD, we don't have daylight savings!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #55
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy
A limited edition hi-po FPV would be amazing, I would love to see some night light weight wheels wrapped in sticky rubber. Agreed DRL's will be a fact of life in the near future, i think we need to start getting used to them now.
DRL's will be fine as soon as they stop making them look like a 15yo made them in Electronics class.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #56
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
DRL's will be fine as soon as they stop making them look like a 15yo made them in Electronics class.
Agree 100% well except for the terminology I have the factory option DRL on my BFII. Perhaps LED DRLs would be better if they stopped making them look like LEDs. LED backlighting on an LCD TV is a nice diffused light - that is what I would pay for - something that diffuses so as to look normal.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #57
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:

You sir just made my day.

In all honesty, DRL are only for cars which have been designed with them. Every time I see a after market install makes my stomach explode.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #58
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will this have a V10 and AWD drivetrain?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #59
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
Will this have a V10 and AWD drivetrain?
Its a Coyote .... why go backwards with a V10?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #60
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Its a Coyote .... why go backwards with a V10?
We have a winner....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post