Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #31
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

My sister lost her licence May of 07 for drink driving (this was her 2nd DD violation). It amazes me that after getting pinged once and losing her licence for 6 months, she did it again and in those periods still drove unlicenced. Being her sencond offence and having lost her licence for 26months you'd hope that it would dawn on someone that it's stupid to drink and drive, but to show disregard for the law, other road user and our family (who have to drive her everywhere) is just mind boggling.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #32
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
My sister lost her licence May of 07 for drink driving (this was her 2nd DD violation). It amazes me that after getting pinged once and losing her licence for 6 months, she did it again and in those periods still drove unlicenced. Being her sencond offence and having lost her licence for 26months you'd hope that it would dawn on someone that it's stupid to drink and drive, but to show disregard for the law, other road user and our family (who have to drive her everywhere) is just mind boggling.
Thankyou. That was my point. It obviously does not deter many people. And not only could your sister and family (touch wood) suffer a tragedy but so could someone elses.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #33
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaxr8

Rules are set and im not reminding them not to drive because there unlicenced. To bad if they get caught.

What if they kill themselves? Would that be too bad?
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #34
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
some of you lot seem like real good mates. Woulden't it be better to have a chat to your mates about their behaviour rather than slag them off on an internet forum. Everyones done dumb stuff in cars, but the attitude of apparent car enthusiests amazes me on these forums.
oh dont worry, i've repeatedly talked to him about it.. Since the accident he's stopped driving around as much after drinking Ie - he wont go out until the afternoon to get home after a big night.. but if he's had 1 beer he doesnt care(then again 1 beer doesnt matter much anyway- i know bad attitude but whatever)
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #35
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All well and good to say they are my mates but someone who constantly drives disqualified and / or drunk is a criminal ( both are criminal offences and why it is a court appearence) and a looser and i would not associate with them . would you hang out with a drug dealer , armed robber, murder, or any other people the community readily recognises as a criminal? if you answer is no then it should be the same with these offences they are commiting crimes with massive potential to cause loss of life . I have reported disqualified or drunk drivers on many occasions and I know I have been responsible for 3 being prosecuted. this behaviour should not be tollerated and if you know of an offender who you don't report you are moraly responsible for the carnage they cause because of your inaction

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #36
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK, sometimes people make mistakes and get caught out - loss of licence, fair enough.
Most people learn from it.

But those who drive while disqualified have a serious attitude problem, and attitude on the road is downright dangerous.
Better for them to spend time for driving without a licence than for involvement in a fatal accident.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #37
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Wow i bet most on here have done something wrong whilst driving being it drink drive, speeding, blasting of at the lights, cutting in on traffic and countless more, what a bunch of self rightress yobbo's, ive been in a few accidents even been caught drink drive, even been known to smoke a bit of weed and drive, not proud of it cause it caused a few family problem's, but hey i do what i do and if and when i'm caught i'll take it on the chin, but i don't need others telling me what is right and what is wrong as sure as night follows day no-one on is a saint, some get caught others don't, i think your lives would be more productive minding your own business instead of what others are doing, now flame the crap out of me, you wouldn't be the first and surely wont be the last
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #38
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

People make mistakes, and people often knowingly break the law, but it doesent mean im going to turn my back on mates. Ive never had a mate fire up because i was genuinely concerned for his and others safety. Sure ive been ignored plenty of times but it doesent mean im going to stop.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #39
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and this attitude assures they will continue to offend . If they are shunned by everyone for their actions they would be more likely to change their ways. peer pressure is a strong motivator and can work in a positive way.

i'm not talking about a one off offence here i'm talking repeat offenders who deserve no respect or consideration. to be shuned by their mates would hurt more than anything else

Quote:
People make mistakes, and people often knowingly break the law, but it doesent mean im going to turn my back on mates. Ive never had a mate fire up because i was genuinely concerned for his and others safety. Sure ive been ignored plenty of times but it doesent mean im going to stop.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #40
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Yes well you and your mate Fev have obviously learnt from the past and matured. Don't want members here to think i'm demonising people for silly one time mistakes. But these people i saw clearly don't give a hoot. Thats all i'm going to say on the matter.
Old 28-11-2008, 02:54 PM   #41
Hillbilly F Truck

Can the mods tell me what happened to the negative comments i was responding to by icefrog in this thread, as i have linked this thread and doesn't make much sense now.

Last edited by RobRoy; 28-11-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 28-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #42
BlackLS
yum

I'm not the perfect driver, but the 1 thing that annoys me is people who knowingly drink-drive. I'd rather someone driving around me at 140kmh vs a drunk/drug affected driver. 1 of them at least is alert.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #43
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
All well and good to say they are my mates but someone who constantly drives disqualified and / or drunk is a criminal ( both are criminal offences and why it is a court appearence) and a looser and i would not associate with them . would you hang out with a drug dealer , armed robber, murder, or any other people the community readily recognises as a criminal? if you answer is no then it should be the same with these offences they are commiting crimes with massive potential to cause loss of life . I have reported disqualified or drunk drivers on many occasions and I know I have been responsible for 3 being prosecuted. this behaviour should not be tollerated and if you know of an offender who you don't report you are moraly responsible for the carnage they cause because of your inaction

I would not turn my back on a good friend in this situation just as I would not turn my back on a family member , are you for real mate ? While I have driven over the limit before on a few occassions, and I'm sure theres plenty here who have at one stage or another, I am 38, I do not condone it and find it very dissrespectful to say the least, we all make mistakes at some stage or another in our life.so yes I have driven over the limit a few times in my many years of driving, and you want to paint me with the same brush as a murderer.I have a good mate that I have known since I was about twenty,he seems to think that driving about while drinking his bourban and colas in fine, while I do have much influence on my mate I have said a few things to him before a number of times but he still continues to do it. I told him that he was going to get busted and loose his licence and thought to myself its only a matter of time. sure enough not too long after he was caught drink driving and I think he may have been mid range, he ended up going to court and ended up keeping his licence. I expected him to loose it and thought that he may then be taught a lesson. they gave him his licence back as he needs it for work. If he had of lost his licence he would probably have lost his job too.I gave him the how lucky he was verbal and thought he may have learnt something from this ,unfortunately he still goes about drinking his bourban and colas, so I guess its only a matter of time before he gets done and losses his licence, while I dont like to see my mate lose his license, I think he will and deserves to. maybe then he might actually learn something.the basic problem is the law is a joke when it comes to drink driving and thats why it continues. a pommy mate of mine told me how thay had clamped down on drink driving in england. he said that if you get done the first time you lose you licence guarenteed for a peroid I cant remember. he said that if you get done a second time and it does not matter if your a star or celebrety or a rich person who can buy there way out ,like they would here(and the law is supposed to be equal for everyone,yeh right) you will go to jail guaranteed. he said that drink driving is now almost non existent over there compared to here. so the only way to stop it or reduce it in a big would be to do the same.he said it is not considered cool over there by the young people to drink and drive as it is here.

Last edited by dave289; 29-11-2008 at 09:39 AM.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #44
Busted

when you don't have a licence its to easy to drive and not get busted. Thats the problem. Now why not give these peaple some sort of comunity service. Some time in a hospitle cleaning off an old mans bum after he's messed himself wiping the drible from his face that sort off stuff. The longer there off the road the more tempted they are to drive and they learn nothing. Make them work to pay off there crime and make them remember how bad the punishment is.

I just got my licence back after 18mhts (not drink driving) and I live in the country. I never drove once ever. I now treat my licence like gold.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #45
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a conscious decision.

The sooner we stop calling it a mistake the better. Tripping over is a mistake, dropping a glass on the floor and smashing it is a mistake, crossing the wrong box on your Powerball ticket is a mistake...

There was a bloke who used to be a good mate, we even went to TAFE together many centuries ago, and who, last I spoke to him had rolled his new XH ute because he admitted he was pi#@ed. He even admitted he almost sideswiped another car as he was heading into the bushes backwards.

He (that I know if) has been done 4 times for PCA, 3 for HIGH RANGE...thats 0.150 and above (remember the limit is 0.49). He's even spent 6 months in Sillywater and still re-offended.

The Gummint thinks...Ok what do we do about it? Take away licences? Nup doesn't work 'cause people still drive...wait I know...charge them HEAPS in fines, that might stop em...Nup, if they go to court the Beak might believe their sob story and let them off...Wait (snap fingers*)...let's send them to gaol ( yes that's G...A...O...L...sorry a pet hate of mine)...would that work? Nup, they got too many kids to look after...what do we do?

If you don't want to give the Gummint all your money, or go to gaol or lose your licence, or lose your car...DONT DRINK AND DRIVE...calm blue oceans...calm blue oceans...calm blue oceans...

:

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #46
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6

Nice work. :

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #47
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

All I have to say is people will do what they do and you cant stop them if they want to do it, the only thing that will change their behaviour is when a loved one or close friend is lost, i have felt this pain before and although my frustration with the issue makes me want to punch them in the head when I hear about it, it wont change a thing, my solution, im planning on joining the police force soon, if doing my job saves a life by removing somebody from the roads that is potentially a grave threat, then it makes all the critisizm worth it, I have lost my licence before for driving too fast, I did not complain, I knew what I did and I copped it on the chin like any man should, now I have learnt, I have grown up, maybe its time every one else did aswell.....

And on the subject, age, experience, driving ability or lack thereof, and so on are no excuse, being under the influence and having an accident is as deadly at 40 years old, just as much as if you were 20, quit the excuses and smarten up, before you kill someone else I care about.
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #48
Hemicuda
IH8TOG

I don't condone drink driving but many people have been caught out just trying to exercise their legal right to drink drive to .05 and anything up to .08, IMO, is still considered trying to comply and one shouldn't be tarred with the reckless drink driver brush. I know a girl who blew into my regularly calibrated breatho after 2 glasses of wine, registered .032 and was a stumbling mess who still insisted on driving home. She made it, God knows how, but in reality it looked unlikely. She isn't a big drinker so the wine hit her pretty hard and i was sure she was over .05 by the way she was behaving. I am not a heavy drinker but do drink regularly and at .04 - .08 i really don't think i am any worse at driving, than say, maybe driving after a 11 hour shift when the kid has kept me awake half the night the evening before. They say about 30% of accident related deaths are caused by drink drivers so what about the other 70%. (and out of that 30% who is to say that the accident wouldn't have happened anyway). There is too much money spent on .05 campaigns where more education is needed on common sense road practises and minimizing incompetence to curb unnecessary deaths.
Hemicuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #49
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's disgusting how drink drivings become some bragging competition. They should just take their licenses away for good and make it hard to get it back. As most people here have said, drivings a privilege and not a right.
Old 30-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #50
ltd
Force Fed Fords

People who repeatedly drink drive or use drugs and drive should be given a mandatory sentence of community service. That, and also they should be given electric shock therapy. This would not be for the betterment of the offender, rather for the "feel good" aura of those affected by it. Imagine, the jerk who has just side swiped your brand new ford because he was drunk, being let off with probation. You'd be screaming "WTF" as you're inconvenienced by having your pride and joy repaired, and not ever looking quite right. Now imagine the same scenario, but this time you are told you can witness him writhing in agony and because the judge thinks you are a nice guy, you can throw the switch. Instead of screaming "WTF", you too can be yelling "Side swipe that you bastard". Good clean fun I say; maybe it will do something for the perpetrator too, who knows?

Seriously though, in all instances here the magistrates have let everyone down, once upon a time being caught drink driving was automatic suspension, and a second offence was 6 months in jail as was driving unlicenced. We need to get tough now, and stop this PC crap that has infiltrated the justice system rendering at as tough as a wet lettuce leaf.

Quote: