Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #31
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Payless Tyres in Chullora is run by "cousins" of the the owners of Tempe. They are just as dodgy.

One of the guys that works at Tempe got pulled over and found to be driving unlicenced, when the cops checked his record, found he was disqualified until 2060 (No thats not a typo) <-- exactly what is written on the police computer as well!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #32
theunfairadvant

Anyone know the place called Australia Best in Lakemba?
Is that place link to them as well?
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #33
Ando_Leigh

I have used Tempe in the past and there very dodgy. i got two tyers fitted and as i was driving the next day the car started to pull hard to the left. anyway went to blairs tyres in peakhurst and the tyers had been fitted on backwards. Blairs fixed it for free. I now use blairs anytime i need to get tyres and there always top notch and pretty cheap too.
Old 13-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #34
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunfairadvant
I use to work near them, We used them all the time for our customers cars/4wds! Never had a problem, they even modded my exhaust for me on the patrol! I don't think they the family of tempe!

Ive used tempe and so have a few mates, only 1 mate had problems! They also rolled out my guards for me and did a good job!

IMO i would use somwhere different if you can, I know over south way Wheels @ kirrawee!!! Spencers @ miranda!!! theres a few more that are good service as well!

IMO better than tempe!
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Haaa I used to live just around the corner where those big ugly water tanks are.

Autralias best is now "Versace wheels and tyres" lol

When I drive past, I can't bear to call them "Ver-sachi" seeing as I dont see the link between tyres and overpriced fashion so I refer to them as "Ver-sase" lol.....

No link what so ever. They are pretty good, but like all places, have some dodgey operators working there.

I drove in there to get the inner steering boots on the Festiva replaced, and was quoted $180 just for the rubbers, but then the guy was trying to convince me that I was better off spending $400 to get the whole CV / drive shaft done both sides.....

Bugger that.... Im not changing stuff that isn't broken. Drove down the rd and around the corner to the Korean tyre place and it gone done for $120, no BS from them....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #36
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando_Leigh
I have used Tempe in the past and there very dodgy. i got two tyers fitted and as i was driving the next day the car started to pull hard to the left. anyway went to blairs tyres in peakhurst and the tyers had been fitted on backwards. Blairs fixed it for free. I now use blairs anytime i need to get tyres and there always top notch and pretty cheap too.
Blairs are great,good bunch of guys work there.
I call them up in the morning to order my raceing tyres and get them that afternoon,everytime I need tyre's/slicks changed on rims they do it for $5 per.

Blairs are a well run professional outfit,like day and night compared to them cowboys..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #37
stiddy
Banned

Tempe Tyres are the worst in Sydney.
They sell faulty rims, Ive had 2 sets of faulty rims from there so far, one was buckled and I had one crack on me.
Ive been back with my wheels asking what they are going to do about it, replace or refund basically, and my mate and I get surrounded by about 12 of the slimey, sleazy smelly, pathetic little want to be Rocky's.
They hurled abuse, pushed and ridiculed me and my mate. One even spat on my car. Been through fair trading over it.
If Tempe was on fire, I would go out of my way to fuel it .

I think you guys are right aswell, Axe is probably one of Tempe's juiced and drugged up workers, if you can call them workers.

Last edited by Laminge; 15-01-2008 at 12:29 PM.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #38
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

had the pleasure a few years ago of booking accommodation in Canberra for Summernats, Tempe had booked out 3/4 of the motel. what a wonderfully delightful cultural experience it was :togo:
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #39
Steffo
LPG > You

Been there with a mate with a Pulsar SSS getting two tyres done. They seemed OK... but we supervised them the whole time. Pretty cheap for 205/40 R16 Kumho's & wheel alignment too.

Can't say I'd ever take my own car there though. First of all they don't stock the kind of tyres I'd be after.... not to mention a few other things.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #40
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
One of the guys that works at Tempe got pulled over and found to be driving unlicenced, when the cops checked his record, found he was disqualified until 2060 (No thats not a typo) <-- exactly what is written on the police computer as well!
Hearsay (we need to state that). Anyhow, these long term 'unrealistic', and they are certainly so, suspensions do *not* work, we need to 'punish' habitual and repeat offenders by implementing other means.

Example 1 of 1 million plus possibilities; force offenders to do defensive driver course, in full, and at their own costs - before re-obtaining their license which would be so suspended for a reasonable period of time. Suspending a license till the 'young' offender reaches age 28 - then is required to re-train, that sort of thing.

We have a multitude of responses that can be implemented, but suspensions like those, issued to previously "licensed for-a-while 1-5 year holders", are laughable, unworkable, neigh on pointless really.

We can do a lot better than that.

In a place like Australia, with those manner of suspensions, done usually by an offenders immaturity at the time, really in quality of life terms, means the person is better off grabbing a rifle and shooting himself under the chin, walking in front of a bus or train, OR much better; leaving the place permanently for much nicer, 'realistic' locations and starting their lives afresh *without* making the same stupid mistakes.

You really do need a private car to order to 'live' and work,- in most places in AUS, unless your within the CBD and don't ever intend to travel the place whatsoever.

IF the judiciary declares, based on a persons psychological report, that an offender will always have a tendency to 'offend' and in doing so be dangerous to the public, then they should simply declare the person 'banned for life', from ever holding a rider or driver license. We would be discussing less than 0.5% of all road users.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #41
xquizd
Da Boss

Just as I thought it's only been two days & three quarters of the posts (if not more) have confirmed my suspisions about Tempe been WORLD CLASS ****ER5!!! :
xquizd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #42
dannyxm
was danny888

I havent bought rims from there but ive been there with some of my mates to buy rims.

Im of Southern European extraction (Maltese) so i look wog. When i went in there with my mate who is very 'Aussie looking', the guys that work there went staight up to me, ignoring the 20 other people in there well before we were. This has happened everytime ive been in there with other mates.

They work quick but i wouldnt be putting one of my cars in there, just dont seem like the place id like to give money too.

Have a look around, if you are in the market for some 'bling' 20 inch rims or cheaper tyres there are options out there.......
dannyxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #43
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

i went in there when i first got the xr8 with a mate of mine (who is apprently a cousin of one of the owners, don't know how though, my mate's not a complete twat).
after waiting for 20 minutes for them to stop staring at the my car ( it was stock standard) they tried to tell me that 18's are too small for my car and i should get 21's but id have to flare the gaurds etc for them to fit :
we laughed at them and drove off.

i would'nt even approach them to sponsor the cruise for cancer. don't need f#$@wit companies ruining my event.

now i have 18's apec a-sus wheels on a lowered xr8, from st george tyres.

the only problem i had there was they put crappy chinese tyres on orginally but were more than happy to swap them as brand new (after driving to wagga and back ) for the dunlops i have on now

i'd recommend st george tyres, or jobsons and blairs which were my other choices.

i proudly cruise past tempe on my way home from work everyday knowing i made the right choice.
Old 13-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #44
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeeeeeezus, i read this when you first posted it and still have a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Hearsay (we need to state that). Anyhow, these long term 'unrealistic', and they are certainly so, suspensions do *not* work, we need to 'punish' habitual and repeat offenders by implementing other means.

Example 1 of 1 million plus possibilities; force offenders to do defensive driver course, in full, and at their own costs - before re-obtaining their license which would be so suspended for a reasonable period of time. Suspending a license till the 'young' offender reaches age 28 - then is required to re-train, that sort of thing.

We have a multitude of responses that can be implemented, but suspensions like those, issued to previously "licensed for-a-while 1-5 year holders", are laughable, unworkable, neigh on pointless really.

We can do a lot better than that.

In a place like Australia, with those manner of suspensions, done usually by an offenders immaturity at the time, really in quality of life terms, means the person is better off grabbing a rifle and shooting himself under the chin, walking in front of a bus or train, OR much better; leaving the place permanently for much nicer, 'realistic' locations and starting their lives afresh *without* making the same stupid mistakes.

You really do need a private car to order to 'live' and work,- in most places in AUS, unless your within the CBD and don't ever intend to travel the place whatsoever.

IF the judiciary declares, based on a persons psychological report, that an offender will always have a tendency to 'offend' and in doing so be dangerous to the public, then they should simply declare the person 'banned for life', from ever holding a rider or driver license. We would be discussing less than 0.5% of all road users.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #45
xquizd
Da Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Jeeeeeezus, i read this when you first posted it and still have a headache.
I was going to let it slide but now that you mention it my head is throbbing quit hard after reading that one :
Old 13-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny888
I havent bought rims from there but ive been there with some of my mates to buy rims.

Im of Southern European extraction (Maltese) so i look wog. When i went in there with my mate who is very 'Aussie looking', the guys that work there went staight up to me, ignoring the 20 other people in there well before we were. This has happened everytime ive been in there with other mates.

They work quick but i wouldnt be putting one of my cars in there, just dont seem like the place id like to give money too.

Have a look around, if you are in the market for some 'bling' 20 inch rims or cheaper tyres there are options out there.......
Im Egyptian, so I look wog aswell. Same sort of treatment until I had a problem. Shonky lebbo's, They will cheat their own families to make a quick buck. Got to love doing business with people like that.
My advice is to go else where.. Like Nugget said, they are cheap for a reason. lol geez can you tell I dont like Tempe.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #47
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquizd
I was going to let it slide but now that you mention it my head is throbbing quit hard after reading that one :
Sorry, I'll type slower for yourself and Sam next time.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #48
GK351

I don't like tempe tyres at all.
dishonest and rude

Don cornells tyrepower on stoney creek rd 10 minutes from tempe are a good bunch.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #49
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK5766
I don't like tempe tyres at all.
dishonest and rude

Don cornells tyrepower on stoney creek rd 10 minutes from tempe are a good bunch.
x2 for don cornells. i had all my tryes replaced on my ef there. while brendon does ride a crotch rocket, they are great guys to deal with, and bloody quick too.
Old 13-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #50
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK5766
Yep, thats where we go as well. Took my rims there and had new tyres fitted and balanced not too long ago.

Written on their receipts down the bottom is:
"The bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". Very true.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #51
lownloud
Ford Junkie

I ordered some wheels and was told the first time "they'll be here next week" and then the same thing for the following 5 weeks. Eventually I went to my second choice and got told they will be in next week. So I waited a week and nothing....When they did finally arrive in stock I just explained them I went elsewhere and got sorted out in a few days. I can deal with waiting for things, but object to being dicked around. If they had said six weeks the first time I probably would have their wheels on my car.
I think Quickfit took 3 days to get my wheels on the car and it was only about $50 difference.
Old 14-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #52
xquizd
Da Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownloud
I ordered some wheels and was told the first time "they'll be here next week" and then the same thing for the following 5 weeks. Eventually I went to my second choice and got told they will be in next week. So I waited a week and nothing....When they did finally arrive in stock I just explained them I went elsewhere and got sorted out in a few days. I can deal with waiting for things, but object to being dicked around. If they had said six weeks the first time I probably would have their wheels on my car.
I think Quickfit took 3 days to get my wheels on the car and it was only about $50 difference.
Consider your self lucky you never actually bought anything from them.
It's a good thing they stuffed you around at the start & you went else where.
LUCK must have really been on your side there, if only we were all that lucky.
Old 15-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #53
theunfairadvant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownloud
Maybe they are waiting for something to fell off the
back of a truck that's why it took that long.
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #54
xquizd
Da Boss

Quote:
Maybe they are waiting for something to fell off the
back of a truck that's why it took that long.
Good One although it's probably TRUE :
Old 15-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #55
eXi7w0unD

tempe where great. i asked for 4 rims on monday, thay gave me price i paid, they sent that day i recived on friday. everything was their perfect great etc. this was 1-2 year ago.. maybe management has been changed?
Old 15-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #56
xquizd
Da Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
tempe where great. i asked for 4 rims on monday, thay gave me price i paid, they sent that day i recived on friday. everything was their perfect great etc. this was 1-2 year ago.. maybe management has been changed?
What rims did you by off them?
Do you remember who you dealt with?
Old 15-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #57
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I personally werent impressed with the person i spoke to at Tempe's. the guy wasnt at all interested in me as a customer. It felt like I was wasting his time. Sounded grumpy.

When I got the wheels, it took 3 working days which I was happy with. The tyres were the main issue. load rating was wrong. wrote them an email to get explaination. no reply. I wasnt impressed. tyres on there ended up being ok. but recently replaced them with better tyres that had the correct load rating.

If your strapped to buy anything more expensive or cant afford to spend over your budget, my answer is to wait, shop around, save a bit more and buy from a more reputable company. best to buy from somewhere you can physically go back to locally if possible or ask a few members here where they got their wheels from.

You take extra risks if you buy from an interstate company. Especially from a company with an attitude I had to deal with.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #58
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca23
I use to work near them, We used them all the time for our customers cars/4wds! Never had a problem, they even modded my exhaust for me on the patrol! I don't think they the family of tempe!

Ive used tempe and so have a few mates, only 1 mate had problems! They also rolled out my guards for me and did a good job!

IMO i would use somwhere different if you can, I know over south way Wheels @ kirrawee!!! Spencers @ miranda!!! theres a few more that are good service as well!

IMO better than tempe!

I've used Australia Best at Lakemba....They're pretty good....good service..dont think they're related
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #59
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
They sell faulty rims, Ive had 2 sets of faulty rims from there so far, one was buckled and I had one crack on me.
Ive been back with my wheels asking what they are going to do about it, replace or refund basically, and my mate and I get surrounded by about 12 of the slimey, sleazy smelly, pathetic little want to be Rocky's.
They hurled abuse, pushed and ridiculed me and my mate. One even spat on my car. Been through fair trading over it.

I think you guys are right aswell, Axe is probably one of Tempe's juiced and drugged up workers, if you can call them workers.

That is pretty poor when you as a customer get abused and pushed....That just takes the notion of poor customer service to the max.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #60
Casablanca
carburettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy

if that had happened to me you guys do not know what what i would've done i woulda gone berserk especially if they had pushed me and spat on my car.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post