Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #31
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought u only get 12 points when on opens?
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #32
HWY666

4 points on P's in QLD,12 on opens in QLD.Be thankful,i lost my licence last yr for high speed right.Now,in QLD if you are convicted of more then 40km/h over,it atuomatic 6months/$750 odd fine.Fair enough.Now,the Department Of Transport up here sent me out a application for a good behaviour 1 point licence,filled it out,took it over,all good they say.
Took the missus away for the weekend few months ago,came back 8am in the morn,got pulled over by the same cop i got high speed from.Gives me a notice to appear in court for Unlicensed Driving.DOP neglected to mention that the had f$%ked up,wasnt ment to get a letter for a 1 point licence,as you lose that right for 40/over.an extra 6 months suspension and $500 more fine,for something that was truly NOT my fault.
I asked the DOP when i took the 1 point form over if that was right,yeah,yeah,no worries.Bas tards

Previous:
BA XT Ex Police duty car- factory dual battery, LSD, shiftkit

F6 Tornado No 20- Silhouette, partially restored (bar paint), Plazmaman piping kit, Pedders gear+ rear swaybar

BF XR8 MK2, 6 spd manual- Pedders coilovers, Yella Terra CAI, tuned to 260rwkw
HWY666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #33
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats got to be a real pain in the bum. i got lucky just before christmas i was doing 121km in a 80 zone. he took that one point to make 120 so the fine was 100 bucks less and 4 points instead of 6. i used the excuse i need to go to the toilet thats why i was speeding lol. didnt work. but being nice to the copper mad my fine a bit better. he thought i was on my opens but i was on my p's. so still lost my licence. i shouldve been on my opens last yr in april but no this is the 3rd time its been lost
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #34
Ringo
I see you....

Ehhhh at least you've learned from it.

nothing like losing your license or pranging your car to make you wake up to yourself.

Never lost my license but i ran up the back of someone elses car when I was 19....changed my driving style, and my bank balance, and my rating, instantly !
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post