Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #31
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford to Make Early Exit?

It'll be over by the end of the year.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

So they are basing this assumption on one months of sales, which is the worst sales month of the year, when fleets don't buy?

Great journalism.

They actually sold more than they built in Jan, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #33
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 6I View Post
With no ads on TV or newspapers the puplic dont even know there is a new Falcon.I have asked workmates if they have seen the new Falcon most say they didnt even know it was out.I myself have not seen any on the road.At least they have 1200 orders for the XR8 on the books to be built.So keep making them to get rid of all those 335s laying around before closing early.
Wouldn't the better question to your mates be, "which one of you wants to buy a brand new large car sedan"? And if any said yes then how many were thinking of a Falcon. If they aren't even shopping it doesn't matter what's on the self.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
BS sensationalist.

At 83 per day they are selling what they are making.

This includes Falcon, Ute, and Territory btw.

3 weeks of shutdown in December / January.
How dare you contaminate this speculation with facts!!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #35
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
In the last week I have seen 2x Lambo Huracans, 1x Testla sedan and 0x FG-X ....I even saw a Mitsubishi 380 yesterday
My mates a Taxi owner driver and has had Falcon's for 25 years, tonight he said he doesn't know what he'll get next; 2016 he needs replace current car. I said "why not the last Falcon?"

He hadn't heard a thing and he didn't seem to take me seriously.

If Ford / Dealers don't advertise.......maybe they don't want to sell
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #36
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The biggest problem Ford has is not the loss of Falcon sales if they close early, it would be the loss of Territory sales... This is still a name plate & segment they want to play in. Until they can get the Territory replacement here, the Australian plant is going nowhere!! I
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 12:16 AM   #37
Windsor220
Now Fordless

They will run this story every month until its gone. I'm guessing Ford would have an agreement with parts suppliers, employees and most likely the government to stay until the official close date. They will sell at low numbers until then so shut down is easy. Its not really that far away now anyway.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 04:37 AM   #38
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
They will run this story every month until its gone. I'm guessing Ford would have an agreement with parts suppliers, employees and most likely the government to stay until the official close date. They will sell at low numbers until then so shut down is easy. Its not really that far away now anyway.
Anyone noticed my signature.......that was so long ago now I can't even remember. People will hate simply so they can hate! Let them whinge for all I care.
As far as I'm concerned the falcon has made a slow and steady exit.....a honourable exit while at the same time being an amazing car that truely deserves more. Sooo many amazing models, XR6T, XR8,GT335,GT351 and many others.

Sloppy article anyway
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #39
V8 6I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Wouldn't the better question to your mates be, "which one of you wants to buy a brand new large car sedan"? And if any said yes then how many were thinking of a Falcon. If they aren't even shopping it doesn't matter what's on the self.
My workmates all drive XR 6s,BA, BF,and FG,they are all car guys but not as much as me.One said he will have to have a look at a dealer, one other has eyes on a Wildtrack so we are not talking about average Joes here who drive buzz boxes.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 02:21 PM   #40
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess they're prepared for the possibility of having thousands of cars inventory, rather than the PR disaster of closing early?
In any case, won't there be a glut of orders from taxi and fleet companies right before the end?
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #41
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

just received this

Quote:
Ford Australia Team,

Many of you may have read or heard media speculation regarding our operations as well as Falcon sales and quality – including a radio “rumour file” caller who questioned our integrity. Let me be clear that we stand 100 percent behind our manufacturing and support staff that is committed to building our products with pride and passion.

I also want to reiterate to you that the plan remains the plan and that this team continues to deliver at a high level.

In fact, I am pleased to report we received our first round of customer feedback on the new Falcon and Territory. The results show our team is delivering high-quality vehicles that are improved compared to the outgoing model.

And, our customers say they appreciate the design, performance and technology in the car. Especially the XR8, which we quite frankly cannot supply enough as demand remains high.

Despite lower sales, I am here to tell you we remain committed to selling the car to retail customers as a priority, and at the expense of some fleet sales – such as those for rentals – that once propped up our numbers.

Some media again are using recent sales results as a way to speculate about our commitment to our plan. Again, this is not based on fact and our plan remains unchanged.

Please know that we continue to work hard to deliver our plan so we can all remain proud to be part of the amazing Ford Australia Team.

Best regards,

Bob
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #42
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well that post says it all.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #43
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
This article is complete BS, dreamed up by a moron who's sole job is to sell the rubbish you read. He could not give a toss either way, after all his publication is on the skids too.
I for one will be celebrating when these toxic MSM mouthpieces go down, they have carped and criticised and contributed to killing off Australian industries that actually produce things. Bring it.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #44
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike View Post
Well that post says it all.
Correct, no mention of going to 2016. Just sticking to the plan, whatever that is....
Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #45
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Correct, no mention of going to 2016. Just sticking to the plan, whatever that is....
October 2016 FFS .....
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #46
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
October 2016 FFS .....
i read that statement about "the plan" to be putting the spot fires out. If it was 100 % going to 2016 why not put that in the wording?
Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 PM   #47
Elements

Quote:
i read that statement about "the plan" to be putting the spot fires out. If it was 100 % going to 2016 why not put that in the wording?
It's been said more than enough times out to the public, and no doubt internally. I'm sure it doesn't need to be spoon fed every single time a statement is put out. The plan is the October 2016 plan as has been stated several billion times. Why does it need to be spelled out YET AGAIN when it HASN'T changed, especially to the "Ford Australia Team"???

Elements is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #48
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
just received this

Quote:
Ford Australia Team,

Especially the XR8, which we quite frankly cannot supply enough as demand remains high.

Best regards,

Bob

Unemployment is up.

Why not re-employ a few extra people for the sake of the nation and increase output to meet demand.

It seems odd to me as usual practise in manufacturing to equal out supply and demand and not to intentionally run behind.

The only time a backlog is acceptable is when the facilities are unable to cope which can’t be the case as Ford has used the same premises for much higher outputs.

It makes me wonder if Ford is concerned if they quickly supply the current demand they’ll be left with no-one to sell too in 6 months’ time.
Old 13-02-2015, 04:01 AM   #49
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
Unemployment is up.

Why not re-employ a few extra people for the sake of the nation and increase output to meet demand.

It seems odd to me as usual practise in manufacturing to equal out supply and demand and not to intentionally run behind.

The only time a backlog is acceptable is when the facilities are unable to cope which can’t be the case as Ford has used the same premises for much higher outputs.

It makes me wonder if Ford is concerned if they quickly supply the current demand they’ll be left with no-one to sell too in 6 months’ time.
There is a big picture you know. It's not as clear as it may seem in my or your minds! Have you thought that maybe they only have a certain amount of gearboxes and the whole thing is hinging around that?

And I'm sure they'd just be moving the CURRENT employees shifts up or down as needed as opposed to knee jerk reactions for a niche market car!
Old 13-02-2015, 04:01 AM   #50
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
Unemployment is up.

There is a big picture you know. It's not as clear as it may seem in my or your minds! Have you thought that maybe they only have a certain amount of gearboxes and the whole thing is hinging around that?

And I'm sure they'd just be moving the CURRENT employees shifts up or down as needed as opposed to knee jerk reactions for a niche market car!
Old 13-02-2015, 06:17 AM   #51
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Maybe because it's an internal message and not one to make YOU happy ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 08:41 AM   #52
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Anyone noticed my signature.......that was so long ago now
yeah, but i got it wrong by 38years
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #53
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
yeah, but i got it wrong by 38years
Did you get it wrong by 38 years......or had you been getting it right for 20 years?

Nothing a bit of editing can't fix....or just common sense exaggeration!
Old 13-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #54
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe because it's an internal message and not one to make YOU happy ?
Whatever...
Old 14-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #55
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do people care so much when they close anyway?? The only people who should care are those that work there & anyone planing on buying a new FXG.. Seriously what difference does it make if you're not in one of these groups? Why is it even news worthy? We all know it is going what's the difference if they leave 6 months before plan??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #56
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Ford should honour their plans and keep Aussies working until the quoted date.

That's the least they could do as they move offshore for greater margins.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #57
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Ford should honour their plans and keep Aussies working until the quoted date.

That's the least they could do as they move offshore for greater margins.
yes, which is what they have said they are doing, as pointed out earlier in this thread

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 11:57 PM   #58
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
The other factor you should consider is as the Aussie dollar falls back the 75 to 80 cents vs US dollar. It's 78.5 today. Local product will become more competitive as imports get dearer.
Trouble is its only real competitor is made here already, and is slaughtering it in sales.

Really, who would buy one? Anyone with an FG, well, what's the motivation? New bumpers? A better touch screen? Hardly worth the changeover cost. And if you aren't already in a Falcadore, the VF is simply better. Its probably only those who are being offered a ridiculous deal to get in one, or die-hard Ford fans, who will buy one. And that's obvious not a lot of people.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #59
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 6I View Post
My workmates all drive XR 6s,BA, BF,and FG,they are all car guys but not as much as me.One said he will have to have a look at a dealer, one other has eyes on a Wildtrack so we are not talking about average Joes here who drive buzz boxes.
That's all good and well however my point was which mate is going to buy a new large sedan between now and next years shutdown?
Old 15-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #60
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Trouble is its only real competitor is made here already, and is slaughtering it in sales.

Really, who would buy one? Anyone with an FG, well, what's the motivation? New bumpers? A better touch screen? Hardly worth the changeover cost. And if you aren't already in a Falcadore, the VF is simply better. Its probably only those who are being offered a ridiculous deal to get in one, or die-hard Ford fans, who will buy one. And that's obvious not a lot of people.
You do realise Falcon can never outsell VF simply because they don't build as much. Maybe management knows exactly where they stand with potential sales volumes, understand that a massive marketing blitz with say 0% finance deals will definitely gain them more sales but doesn't add to the bottom line.

Why do people (not you Boson) think Ford Aust is sabotaging Falcon sales by not advertising it like Territory. Maybe it's because Territory is part of the growing suv market and it's badge may live on in a future model and Falcon is part of the dying large car sedan market where Holden and Toyota are also giving up.
Maybe it's also cheaper for Holden to keep their sales up with big sales inventive then to cut back production and shed staff earlier then their 2017 closure. There are a host of possible reasons for why sales are where they are and unless we are given the minutes to management meetings we don't have the full story.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 15-02-2015 at 08:29 AM.
2 users like this post: