Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #31
dragons90

Default Re: What happens when people refuse to keep out of the fast lane

[QUOTE=wodahs;5057586]To them winging bout keeping left do you drive in the left and only get out to over take then get back in left ? If so when you catch a car in the right do you get in the left as now your not over taking or wait till they do so you can ? Well as your meant to be keeping left !
QUOTE]

Depends on traffic some times it faster in the left lane, but if I'm in the right lane I keep a eye on my mirrors so if a car is catching me I move over till they pass. It Isn't your duty to stop other motorist speeding so if so if someone is willing to pay the fine to go faster move out of the way and let them, courtesy goes both ways and help stop road rage.
dragons90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #32
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
UberKnee your avatar is awesome...I love boats!
Boats are fun, especially motorboats...
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #33
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Muppets doing under the limit is one thing but when people whinge about drivers doing the limit and not letting the hoons get past them in the "fast lane" thats just stupid. Its not the "no speed limit lane", both lanes have the same limit.

Its a shame how many people seem to support the ******** in the truck acting like a ********.
Drivers might think they are doing the limit but are very often going slow.

Regarding the video, I bet she brake tested him. The number of times I get somewhat close to the back of a driver who is under speed in the right hand lane and they brake test me is astounding. Often I am not even very close to them. It does cause me to drive closer however, and other motorists to bunch up as they try to dodge or swerve around the d head making people drive in bunches.

Certain highway sections seem to have more people who keep left. They often flow better, and have less bunched up and angry mobs.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #34
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The way I see it is, if its 80km/h or above, stay in the left lane, unless haullin' *** then feel free to use the right lane if you're moving faster than everyone else on a multi-lane road.

Thats the way it should be, not this **** where you got some old man doing 80km/h in the left lane and some moron on the right is doing 80km/h as well creating a rolling roadblock.

This happens 24/7 on the Tullamarine Freeway here in Vic, especially close to the airport section.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #35
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
Drivers might think they are doing the limit but are very often going slow.

Regarding the video, I bet she brake tested him. The number of times I get somewhat close to the back of a driver who is under speed in the right hand lane and they brake test me is astounding. Often I am not even very close to them. It does cause me to drive closer however, and other motorists to bunch up as they try to dodge or swerve around the d head making people drive in bunches.

Certain highway sections seem to have more people who keep left. They often flow better, and have less bunched up and angry mobs.
Yep still sad that people will defend the lunatic road rager first. The woman in the video has said she'll put up the full video showing she never brake tested him or anything. Why is it more acceptable to people that someone brake tested someone that it is that some redneck in his F Truck is simply an *******?
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #36
Nova 8

He is a douche and she is a hypocrite, video will most likely make his insurance useless as it is evident he is speeding. Also look like she was going slightly under the speed limit but still no excuse for his actions. I don't know about American laws but here you have to render aid and pull to the side of the road, she is adding an unnecessary risk for other drives by stopping to have a laugh in left lane. His actions are completely uncalled for but don't warrant her breaking the law.
Old 30-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #37
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would like to see the footage for the previous 3 or 4 minutes. She has obviously held the guy up for a significant amount of time for whatever reason, was aware he was agitated, so instead of moving over, held her speed, started recording footage on her phone, most likely slowed down a little in the process so of course he would be blowing up. he should have nudged the fat cow off the road.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #38
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

This thread makes me lose faith in humanity.
Old 30-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #39
_Ben
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol not even 3 comments in and push bike laws come in. Just because someone is hogging (I don't even think she is..) the 'fast lane' doesn't give you the right to be a complete *** and tailgate etc etc.
_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #40
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ben View Post
Lol not even 3 comments in and push bike laws come in. Just because someone is hogging (I don't even think she is..) the 'fast lane' doesn't give you the right to be a complete *** and tailgate etc etc.
No, no, no, you have it all wrong.....!!!

Despite the fact that (if this had happened in Australia, which seems to be the case that most people are talking about) she was perfectly within her legal rights to be sitting in the lane that she was, and that she was able to do so at any speed that was not considered dangerous (ie she did not have any legal responsibility to sit at or near the speed limit), she was clearly doing this deliberately to cause some poor hapless motorist minding his own business extra pain and suffering and probably just wanted to get her two minutes of fame on youtube.

Craig H

(that was all very much TIC, just in case anyone missed it....)

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 31-03-2014 at 10:32 AM.
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #41
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So she said he got booked, but did she get booked for using her phone while driving? Why did she not stop at the scene of the crash like you are supposed to?

That dude was barely tailgating. I get douchebag commodore drivers sitting so close you can'tsee their lights, then they swerve left to right a whole bunch, overtake just in time to slam on their brakes and have to turn off. Holden douche mentality.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #42
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
This thread makes me lose faith in humanity.
In some countries there are laws making it illegal to undertake. Hence she is doing something illegal, that then makes you have to do something illegal to avoid.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #43
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
In some countries there are laws making it illegal to undertake. Hence she is doing something illegal, that then makes you have to do something illegal to avoid.
True. Does anyone know what US state this footage was taken and if that state has such laws? And therefore, was she actually driving illegally?

And lets make this clear, there are no "undertaking" laws applicable in Australia.

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 31-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #44
_Ben
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I've read on other sites, there is no such law in wherever this is filmed regarding VIDEOING on your phone while driving. Texting is illegal, but taking a video on your phone is not. Similarly, there are no laws stating you must keep right (unless its a highway, which it is not)
_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #45
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

FPV ute would have handled that slide much better.
Big Yank Truck - no good for road ragers....
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #46
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
What's this driving at 99.5kph bullshit when its posted 100 and I was doing 110 to catch you now get out of my way so I can catch up with next vehicle and get irate at them its my right just coz I can't see/dont know or can't care why your there just get out of my way so I can over take you all and pull in front and turn slowing you all Down ..... Ph and just wait till we have to merge and I'm behind in other land and there's no room in front and every ones slowing down well make room for me coz I'm coming throw its my right
yeah, thats right. We should just dumb ourselves down to the lowest common denominator

Have you ever been to germany. Freeway driving is a dream (whether unlimited or not). Unless cars are overtaking they keep right (our left). No Agro, none of this entitlement BS. Just keep left unless your overtaking. And doing 1km/h more than the car next to you is not overtaking. Even slow cars will speed up to pass a slower car quickly and safley. Faster cars go by fast and slower drivers, well they drive slow. Slow but aware of their surroundings.

I swear, some countries must look at australia and think we are a bunch of *******. I tried explaining the mentality of Australians that dont keep left to a german once - he couldnt comprehend that people would consciously obstruct someone that wanted to go faster - his response was, why would you do that unless you just wanted to be a jerk.

He did say that occasionally you get people that dont move over initially in germany, but he thinks they are just foreigners that art aware (they soon learn). He said if you didnt move over in a 130 zone even if you were doing 140, the cops would book you and not a speeding driver that was trying to get past - this is what i also found when i was driving in germany

I had to explain to him that a vast proportion of our population gets their information from commercial TV advertisements and was unable to think for themselves or use reason in any way. They probably sit in the right lane because they think they are deputised police officers and saving babies by slowing down the guy that wants to get past.

to counter your statement, i'll provide another perspective.

1) drive 800km in Australia for typical Australian. Get in right lane at 107kmph. Move left only if some one comes up behind me (takes 30 seconds for me to register some one is trying to overtake) . Dont pay attention, dont change lanes, dont use indicator

2) drive 800km in germany for typical german. Drive at an appropriate speed usually above 130kmph. Pay attention to road and surroundings. Keep left unless over taking, and minimise time in overtaking lane. Just as safe (if not safer - and every one gets where they are going faster (if they want)

its like australians think if they use their brain to much it will wear-out so better to switch it off when driving and do as little as posible

Last edited by steve.zissou; 31-03-2014 at 02:15 PM.
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #47
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
All lanes can be used if the volume of traffic is enough to warrant it..

Drivers are not required to keep left in multi lane when the speed limit is less than 80 kph, or when there is
a need to turn right at an on coming intersection or when the volume of traffic necessitates use of all lanes.
not in NSW,, multi lane rule keep left even if the speed limit 40 school zone that's the law.
congestion is the only time you can break that rule.

where I live we even have signs stating keep left unless overtaking,
when the speed limit is only 60kph.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #48
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
not in NSW,, multi lane rule keep left even if the speed limit 40 school zone that's the law.
congestion is the only time you can break that rule.

where I live we even have signs stating keep left unless overtaking,
when the speed limit is only 60kph.
Have you got a reference for that, burnz? If you refer to the Australian Road Rules I referred to earlier, you'll see that everything you've stated above, except the "not in nsw, multi lane rule keep left even if the speed limit 40 school zone" part, is covered by those Rules.

The law is basically (in summary and my words, not theirs), keep left unless overtaking whenever the posted speed limit is over 80km/h, except where congestion is evident, or wherever a "keep left unless overtaking sign" is posted. Therefore, I think NSW has the same law, it is just that you have identified a couple of the exceptions?

Of course, some states do have variances to the Australian Road Rules (ie u-turn at lights in Vic).

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 01-04-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #49
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
To them winging bout keeping left do you drive in the left and only get out to over take then get back in left ? If so when you catch a car in the right do you get in the left as now your not over taking or wait till they do so you can ? Well as your meant to be keeping left !

And I thought the posted speed is the highes allowed pending on conditions , and doesn't traffic in front of you going slower (for any reason) cause a change in conditions ?
To answer this question - yes, i do drive in the left, overtake in the right and get back in the left. It's not that hard to do. If someone is in the right and there is no reason for them to be (miles from any turn, not overtaking), then I will flash them. If they don't move, then I will overtake them on the left (legal to do so on a multi lane road). I will then pull over to the right, tap the brakes (but far enough in front that I am not brake testing them), throw the indicator on and move left - I find about 50% of drivers then move left too, and we both carry on merrily. The other 50% stay, only to have someone else come up behind them and have to overtake them on the left....One day police will start booking these mobile road blocks in earnest - and when they do, you just watch how much traffic flows better and everyone gets to where they want to just that little bit faster....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post