Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #31
xr8ute
Back on the road

Wow, thats a scary one. So glad you where lucky enough to come out of it with only scratches and bruises (and i guess concussion).

Seeing pictures of heavy side impact crashes like that always makes me feel a little sick. Thats a real big one.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #32
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear you ok which is the main thing.
Shame the same can't be said for the poor old AU which you certainly
broke and broke very well might I say.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #33
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

Yeah i am however very greatful to the car, i do believe that the car itself saved me, it all just crumbled up and bent around me, in a form leaving my drivers position completely intact.

On the other side of things i shall be wrecking it soon no doubt, anyone for some AU v8 parts lol.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #34
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
On the other side of things i shall be wrecking it soon no doubt, anyone for some AU v8 parts lol.
Oh you know James and I are after stuff... lol
Old 07-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #35
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah i am however very greatful to the car, i do believe that the car itself saved me, it all just crumbled up and bent around me, in a form leaving my drivers position completely intact.

PM me mate. what you got?
Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #36
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Yep
and this is the deciding reason why i bought an AU, one of our taxis was in an absolutely horrific smash, all occupants walked away. the only injury sustained was the driver got burns up his arms from the airbags
Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #37
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

Yeah i went down to the crash site and took some photo's and had a good look around, it had thrown me a little as to what exactly happened, well what had happened is i had clipped the curb which broke my rear left hand wheel, tearing the tyre off it, all down the road u can see scrap makes from the wheel itself scratching along the road, there is no skid marks at all, which considering i was sliding completely sideways does kind of say it me it was very slippery.

As for parts off the car lol, let me at least get the car back from the insurance company first before i go selling bits off. Which could very well take a while.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #38
Modmyxr8
Iregular Member

Your so luckey Matt, glad to here your alright. Know more v8's for you?
Modmyxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #39
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i dont know bout the no more v8 part, no doubt there will be more, just sucks at the moment cause im stuck in limbo not knowing whats going on etc.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #40
rosco426
Charger Lovin'

Farken hell, you very lucky mate.
rosco426 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #41
honer
Back to N/A land

That is a big hit mate but good to see your ok.

The metal can be replaced.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #42
james22
With da Warlords

Bloody hell mate. You are one lucky sob. Adam rang me the other day and told me what happened, but I didn't realise the extent of it till now. Glad your ok mate, pity about the poor au though, at least she saved your bacon and done a good job of it too.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #43
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah she certainly did a good job of it, part from a bump on me head im all good, and as u know aint much inside of their to protect anyway ;)
Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #44
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
yeah she certainly did a good job of it, part from a bump on me head im all good, and as u know aint much inside of their to protect anyway ;)
I'm still shaking my head. How you walked away from that one I'll never figure out.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #45
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well turns out i didn't come out as well as i thought i had, i've had sore ribb's the whole time, and yesterday i was lifting something and pop, by dam mega pain, been back and doc's and yep got a cracked rib.

Meanwhile i been trying to chase up the car, i got no idea where it is, the insurance company has taking it somewhere and i can't find it, and i ring up the insurance company and they tell me its still at the original panel beaters, so aarggggggg!
Old 14-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #46
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

So your car is missing now? bloody hell...
Old 14-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #47
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

geez mate its a shame to see this happen but things like this happens all the time
Old 14-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #48
Juzman

mate glad you walked away, I had a similar thing happen a few years ago in my dad's ebII. Just a quick question though, did your head hit the side pillar at all? That's my main concern at the moment with my AU. I'm tall (6'5) and my head often hits the pillar at certain times just in normal driving conditions, I'd hate to imagine what would happen in a side impact. There really is only a few inches between my head and the side pillar which worries me a lot.

Cheers for any info

I changed my hoon driving since the crash (12 years ago)
Juzman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #49
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah im only 5'10 i think and my head hit the passenger side pillar i believe, but not the drivers side. But yes i can see your concern.
Old 15-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #50
SVD

Quote:
My car desided to take on a tree, the tree one, im fine couple bruises, but the AU did its job and saved me, my head impacted against the passenger door knocking me out cold. But yeah im fine, cars obviously a complete write off, now lets see what the insurance company says.

Bah, that'll buff out...

amazing you got out pretty easily from that.
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #51
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Sorry to see that happen Matt. As others have said, main thing is you survived it. Did the cops have words with you?
Old 16-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #52
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

good to hear your ok mate.

as for the car "abit of pannel work abit off paint good as new" ready for the wreckers.

seriously again the main thing is your ok.
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #53
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nar i haven't heard from the cops at all so far, they were there at the accident, but haven't talked me bout it.

Good news is i finally know where the car is, and can go take stuff, so i can finally got those intake pipes out to those who are waiting, and get my stuff back i want.

On another good note the car's market value came back at 10k, which surprised me.
Old 16-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #54
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
On another good note the car's market value came back at 10k, which surprised me.
Nah, doesn't surprise me. You'd only get 7 or so on the open market, but from my experience (indirect thankfully) car writeoff figures from insurance companies are usually pretty darn generous. Like usually 20-30% more than it would be on an average sale type generous.

I mean i had a mate who had an average VL in 2002 got paid out $5500
And my wife's aunty in 2004 got paid out $3800 for an 89 laser which was basically a wreck before it got hit
and we've had taxis with half a mil on the clock written off for $12k or so.
Old 16-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #55
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Just curios, did the air bags deploy in the crash?

I know there was no frontal impact, but?

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #56
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes both airbags went off.

Actually i was wondering myself, if when the air bags do go off, does the car do anything? like does the engine get cut, or anything like that? Cause if aint like ur going to be able to see anything.
Old 17-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #57
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I only just saw this thread. I am shocked. The damage looks incredible and to hear you got out of it relatively okay is a miracle. Glad to hear the cops have stayed out of it and you're getting through the insurance okay.

I heard that the interior lights come on for you automatically so you can see inside after the crash. More modern and prestige cars do a lot more (eg. hazard lights, radio beacon, etc).

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #58
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh man i am angry, here i am taking today off work to go pull my "personal items" out of the car, had the appointment booked and everything, and when i get there oh im sorry but there's no appointment booked, and now i've ended up having to take tomorrow off work as well, as far as i am concerned at the moment and i've told them this, is that the insurance company has stolen my car. I was never let known the car was being taking away from the original towing joint or nothing, and reality is the car is still mine at this point in time, aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggg.
Old 18-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #59
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

too bad if they want to be bastards about it, they have you over a barrel. have you paid your excess?

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #60
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

now thats just pathetic!